It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are people falling for the left/right thing?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
For the people that can´t get why neonazis, racists, rightwingers etc are attacked by the majority of people worldwide, there are some history books out there, still living witnesses and victims and yes, even documentaries on youtube, i leave one here, maybe you get it then:

Maybe we could balance this out with the body count and economic destruction from leftist regimes of Mao, Stalin and Lenin............ and more currently , Cuba and Venezuela ??
edit on 14-8-2018 by conspiracytheoristIAM because: reworded

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
For the people that can´t get why neonazis, racists, rightwingers etc are attacked by the majority of people worldwide, there are some history books out there, still living witnesses and victims and yes, even documentaries on youtube, i leave one here, maybe you get it then:

The only reason either sides extremists are able to get to power is because some people are willing to ignore "their side's" extremists only to denounce the "opposing side's".

Its beyond me how people can't say if you swing to far either way it can spell disaster.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Thejoncrichton

What?!?!

Have you never watched Fox News or any of the other pleathera of conservative pundits?!?!

You ever think that the reason the msm has been debunking conservative talking points is because they are lying????

So what is the mathmatical chance that rightwing media is the laughing stock of the rest of the world because it is all a vast conspiracy against them???

What would be required for the 100,000 journalists and such are all being paid off to lie???

Because the only other option is that all of the scientists, college professors and journalists just honestly disagree..

So that means the most educated and informed people on the planet think modern conservatives are a joke.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: CosmicAwakening

Why do people assume both sides are on the same side just because both sides have bad players trying to game the system?

Because both sides are infested with Progressives.

It isn't a left/right struggle.

It is a Progressives vs America struggle.

Well that makes zero sense.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracytheoristIAM

Well I’ll raise you the conservative Hitler...

Right ring = traditions of the past > new change

Left wing =new change > traditions of the past..

Those are the dictionary definitions of each..

So who has a bigger body count??

Those offering change in a new direction or those trying to uphold the previous status quo???

IT ISN'T EVEN CLOSE...

No matter what country we point at there has been FAR MORE deaths by those trying to keep the status quo , rather than a minority faction taking power...

That is a major problem with conservative propaganda.. somehow they convince people that words have brand new definitions they just invented lol..

They convince people “left wing” means “anything I don’t like “ lol..

Left and right already have definitions..

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
That is a major problem with conservative propaganda.. somehow they convince people that words have brand new definitions they just invented lol..

They convince people “left wing” means “anything I don’t like “ lol..

Left and right already have definitions..

It's funny how you say this right under my post where I'm addressing someone who did just that.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I don’t want to lose my liberty and the Left is all about attacking the Bill of Rights these days. I am not pro-right...I am anti-Left and I consider it self-defense.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Why do people assume both sides are on the same side just because both sides have bad players trying to game the system?

Because both sides are infested with Progressives.

It isn't a left/right struggle.

It is a Progressives vs America struggle.

You threw me for a loop there Lumen. You say ''both sides are infested with progressives? I understand how one might say that the left is this way, but you insist that the conservative side is also infested with progressives? How does that work?

edit on 31America/ChicagoTue, 14 Aug 2018 13:07:09 -0500Tue, 14 Aug 2018 13:07:09 -050018082018-08-14T13:07:09-05:00100000007 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

How many deaths has Antifa caused???

Zero..

Are we even sure Antifa existed more than at 2 protests in the aftermath of the election????

How many deaths have the KKK and other US white supremacy groups caused???

10,000+... ATLEAST

All the “Antifa is the biggest scourge to the country” nonsense is a deflection to distract from the bigwig politicians, corporations and other big donors to rape and pillage the economy..

It’s the most blantant shell game in history..

“Pay no attention to the multi-billion dollar back room deals from the people in charge, behind the curtain!! Instead pay attention to 3 dozen people at 2 rallies throwing rocks who don’t run anything..”

They have to do something to distract from the fact all the white supremacy types came out hard core to support trump.

Did you see the black panthers , isis , (insert whatever violent extremist group) out in force supporting hillary Clinton’s unlikeable self???

No we didn’t see that happen.. because there is no extremist groups that are proud card carrying democrats..

Pretty much EVERY white supremacy group are proud card carrying conservative Republicans.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Good point. My guess is that each side points to the bad players on the other side and neither side seems to do much to reign in the bad players on their own side. Conservatives rightly point to hyprocasy on the left and Liberals rightfull point to hyprocracy on the right,

If both sides spent more energy on cleaning up their own houses, well, that would go a long way to moderating the narrative of both side.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Agreed. Improper conduct doesn't serve one master. Pretending like both sides are motivated by the same thing is lazy thinking and doesn't address the individual issues causing people to act inappropriately. You just waste time and excuse lazy people from forming a real opinion on the politics of the country.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Good point. My guess is that each side points to the bad players on the other side and neither side seems to do much to reign in the bad players on their own side. Conservatives rightly point to hyprocasy on the left and Liberals rightfull point to hyprocracy on the right,

If both sides spent more energy on cleaning up their own houses, well, that would go a long way to moderating the narrative of both side.

This^^^^^

People have short memory spans and act like "their side" is righteous. If you bring up examples to prove either side wrong, it's apparently deflection.

Many people don't look for truth, but rather those willing to say what they want to hear.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

You still don't get it do you?
It's an individualists vs collectivests thing. Both parties horbor extremists. The problem I see is one side refuses to cast out their extremists so long as they tow the collectivist line. They cast out the ones that question the narrative like myself but you could literally rape someone and leftists will come to your defense.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Bull#. For one that doesn't address anything I just said (in fact it supports my idea that both sides aren't the same). For two, it isn't even true.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I made a similar point in another reply

I think that there are several things going on that are exacerbating this trend

One is the proliferation of available information, the degree to which has never been so profound.

Two, though I could be wrong here, people who are accessing this vast info-sphere are having to face the notion that modern civilization is not a sure bet any longer. That we all face collapse sooner or later and in the case of extremeists on both sides sooner RATHER than later unless we act NOW

To be blunt myself, to me it looks like modern civilization is experiencing a massive existential dilemma

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I like your points, and agree with them to an extent. I don't think civilization is really more on the brink now more than ever (due to extremists). But rather to go back to your original point we just see it more because of access to information.

Decades ago we would read the morning paper and watch the evening news and that was our dose, but that isn't to say there weren't periods of comparable extremism. It is possible that people are more impacted due to increased exposure though. If anything, I do hope it breaks the two party system though. We have one side honest about not wanting to change, and one side who is convinced they will be able to use a corrupted party to drive progressive ideas through a vehicle that someone else owns, which is to say why would a party do anything for the people when it is ran by the same people as the other wing on the same bird.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Because governments don't have credence unless the public gives it that credibility. An informed public will know the power they hold. An uninformed public (us) lets the government decide things for them.

The power has always been with the majority. And the majority is the public. Governments know that. That's why they give you the illusion that you have a little say so. In reality, the public can have ALL the say so, not just a little.

But yeah, modern politics all a farce, of course. Politicians are actors. It's all scripted.

And the right/left absurdness is just mindless fodder used to keep the public focused on what's not important and oblivious to what is.

Keep the tensions high; keep the reality hidden.
edit on 14-8-2018 by Privy_Princess because: added something

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Why do people fall for the mainstream/conspiracy thing, doesn't each side realize they are being led and played?

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicAwakening
I see these rallies of the left and the right and have to wonder, does the right side realize they are being led and played just like Antifa is? When there is a thousand people in a field, and not 1 Police Officer to be found, does that look like an accident? This whole thing is completely engineered on both sides. They don't care who fires the first shot, but they are trying to get one side to.

If it is true (it is) that certain people cannot adhere to logic and fact, then why would you continue to fight and confront them? If I drop a ball over and over, maybe if I keep doing it, it will go up instead of down? Remember the definition of insanity? That is all.

Extreme sells, blood sells, so much of what we see on either side is all designed with those two goals in mind.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join