It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monty Python Attacked For Being 'Too White'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: PillarOfFire

well there you have it , the head of Comedy at the BBC criticising a comedy group from the past using today's standards of society!

Obviously this person is a #ing idiot !
and hasnt the foggiest about comedy!

So what they are basically saying is that no one can make comedy for the BBC unless you tick their diversity boxes, which now actively seek to ignore the straight white male!

not very diverse is it .

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I think that you have just summed up things perfectly!

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
This thread is too white. Bwahahaha.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Yes, and is under represented by differently abled LGBT whales. Shameful lack of diversity.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I' dhave to disagree they are doing it well sir !

edit on 16-8-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Id also have to say , can we expect more POC comedy groups from the BBC
as far as I can remember the BBC didnt really do much since python to combat the lack of diversity
in fact if memory serves me correct the first majority black comedy show was on channel 4
and was Desmonds !

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Actually I'll edit this yin!

Whats funny is if you google "black comedy shows on the BBC"

the first thing that comes up is Monty Python

I know its a play on the use of the word Black!

But if Im right the BBC has never had a majority Black or POC show

here is a list of "black british sitcoms"
featuring comedians from black ethnic backgrounds

most of them were on alternative channels , ITV, channel 4 , some from the BBC
but check how long they last , one or two seasons , low ratings , I think in part due to the demographic

black british sit coms

However I found desmonds to be one of the funniest shows , because it was something new for me to watch
that didnt have all white people in it !

I guess all we can say is to the head of the BBC , so where are your racially diverse shows ?
apparently the BBC doesnt have any , so put up or shut up!

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Oh and Why the # are you all still watching the BBC ?
paying a license fee to support a corporation who actively harbours pedophiles !

all my mates with kids, still support the BBC

#in wrong #s
in my opinion the BBC should be disbanded and the end of the broadcasting corporation , as they have been knee deep in pedo scandal since the 70's

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   

"Broadcast by the BBC between 1969 and 1974, Monty Python's Flying Circus was conceived, written, and performed by its members Graham Chapman, John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle, Terry Jones, and Michael Palin."

From Wiki.

Hey Shane, maybe if one day you are able to create anything half as funny as they did, you can use whatever Benetton rainbow people you like, but I don't see that happening somehow.

What's wrong with a bunch of white guys getting together and being creative.

SMDH.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: Peeple

Point taken. Shows like All in the Family and anything Mel Brooks wouldn't fly in today's atmosphere.

The difference here, is he is saying that the idea of an all white cast is inconceivable. There is nothing about Monty Python that could be construed as offensive, even today. They have held up well in that respect.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicAwakening
The funny thing is... I see this all over the internet, but where I live anyway, none of this exists. People are for the most part normal. I believe they are making 0.000001% of the population look like 50%, and most people are buying it. "Civil war!" ahhh!!!!! No.... Most people are behaving in general.

Thanks for helping to keep me grounded. I know what you say is the truth, but I forget.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
Oh and Why the # are you all still watching the BBC ?
paying a license fee to support a corporation who actively harbours pedophiles !
I've never had a TV licence. The 'enforcement officers' have no legal powers anymore than a Sky employee has to check you aren't stealing their signal.
They call round my home about twice a year and I tell them to leave my property or I'll use reasonable force to eject them. I've only had to step out of my door once when an 'officer' refused to leave immediately but he quickly ran when he saw my fists raised.

I note that the BBC did not mention anything about the major arrests of the grooming gang in Rotherham on the main news programme last night. That said more to me about their editorial mission than anything else to be honest.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

That's preposterous, every knows Monty Python had a black knight

So by pure happenstance a handful of Englishmen create a comedy group. So racist!

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Wait...
This was 20 years ago!
What do leftists expect?
Time travel?

When you run out of oppressors you resort to going back decades to justify your oppressive ideology. Funny monty python did a skit explaining this exact problem.

These people probably get offended by snow being white.
edit on 16-8-2018 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   
They had Huns and Negro servants.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join