It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monty Python Attacked For Being 'Too White'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Jeez. You two don't do this well...

Its a serious matter were talking about here.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: PillarOfFire
Could have fooled me lol, you won't even debate your own OP, just come out with childlike labels and deflections.
Now again, do you agree that the article in the OP has no relevance to your complaints that people in the US are attempting to rewrite history?
I say your OP is way off target and you misintepreted the article completely, now, as this is ATS, you as OP would be expected to present an opposing argument?

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Is someone there? Hello?

Must be those pesky dust bunnies, blowing in the wind again.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
So you start a thread and when someone disagrees with your premise/argument you refuse to debate it, instead responding as a child would?
Okay, but it says much more about you than it does about me, maybe I shall ask ATS to create an 'echo chamber' forum just for you.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Oh its you. Are you done yet?

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: PillarOfFire

Oh its you. Are you done yet?

I'm seeking interesting debate, and a decent argument from you against my comments regarding your OP.
Did you post the thread hoping everyone would agree with you? That's not how it works on ATS, now I'd love to see your response to my argument, but if you are refusing to debate I have to wonder why you started the OP?
So, again, do you agree that the article in the OP is irrelevant to your complaints about US people trying to erase history?
Yes or no is cool, but some explanation why is how people debate, so you could try that?

edit on 15-8-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: typo

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I don't feel like talking right now man i'm busy. What part of no don't you understand? You're like a horny poodle.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
So you're online, started a thread, then refuse to debate your own OP because I disagree with you?
LMAO, you really have made yourself look like a child who doesn't want to play anymore!
Go on then take your ball and run away haha, go back to facebook if you cannot (or refuse) to debate with adults even in your own thread...actually am laughing at loud at you mate.

No means no though, I'll only continue replying if you reply to me or make any reference to me...I wouldn't want to trigger you, thinking I'm a stalker or something...I only wanted adult debate buddy lol

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

So this is how you treat all your dates. Makes sense now.

No means Yes to you amirite? Cause that's what you're doing.
Theres only one acting like a fool here an it ain't me.

edit on 15-8-2018 by PillarOfFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I'll reply to you (on-topic) everytime you reply to me. You posted a thread, I posted a question.
So again, do you agree that the article in the OP is irrelevant to your complaints about US people trying to erase history?
You wrote the OP and I wish to debate it. If you don't want debate then facebook seems more suited to your needs.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

This is starting to get really old. So basically anything now that has white people in it is "too white". Ok, I have a complaint,

Black entertainment television is too black.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Technically they were diverse, sort of.

edit on 15-8-2018 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

Crazy I know.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Don't think I've seen this posted but this PC dross is going too far for my liking. Who attacks an icon and culture of a host country but the PC gangs. Its disturbing as hell. Its becoming a political issue now its affecting private lives and comedy now.

Recently, the BBC's Head of Comedy Shane Allen criticized the classic comedy troupe "Monty Python" for being too white, male, and middle class.

"If you're going to assemble a team now it's not going to be six Oxbridge white blokes," Allen said in June. "It's going to be a diverse range of people who reflect the modern world."

www.dailywire.com...

Wonder what their thoughts are on BET channel?

I wonder that myself, double standards rule the present.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Don't think I've seen this posted but this PC dross is going too far for my liking. Who attacks an icon and culture of a host country but the PC gangs. Its disturbing as hell. Its becoming a political issue now its affecting private lives and comedy now.

Recently, the BBC's Head of Comedy Shane Allen criticized the classic comedy troupe "Monty Python" for being too white, male, and middle class.

"If you're going to assemble a team now it's not going to be six Oxbridge white blokes," Allen said in June. "It's going to be a diverse range of people who reflect the modern world."

www.dailywire.com...

Wonder what their thoughts are on BET channel?

I wonder that myself, double standards rule the present.

I could get into why BET was created ?? ..let's just say back then , MTV wasn't feeling black folks like that , exception Michael Jackson and hardly Prince, ergo an entrepreneur who saw and understand the need and how to exploit it, competing with them ,knocking them sideways, until they changed policy, this BTW is not unlike HBCUs , Ebony, Jet , Essence, Black Enterprise mag ex.
Those institutions and publications were born out of the need to exist.
edit on 16-8-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

A lot of people have short memories and many more are too young to know what it was like in the 80s or the 70s. Glass ceilings and unequal pay were the norm. The first black sitcom in the UK that I can remember was Desmond's and it started in 1989. There was one called The Fosters in the late 70s that lasted a year. There was a comedian, Lenny Henry, who was probably the first black comedian on UK TV. He had a successful sketch show in the mid to late 80s and was very, very wholesome (too clean for my tastes most of the time).

Funnily enough, I don't believe it was always about racism. Not all the time. A lot of it was rich white guys from the upper classes being oblivious to the real world. It's why they automatically played the female roles in drag. It didn't enter their heads to get female actors. The commissioning editors produced what they'd always produced because they were an ageing generation lacking in ideas or novelty.

I was listening to a documentary about UK TV comedy a few weeks ago. It described how the older generation had to die off before anyone under 40 could get in to the entertainment departments. The guys in the 1970s and early 80s had been around since the 50s and 60s - they never knew another way. It took new faces and some leverage (positive discrimination) to open minds to (shock horror) putting black people in sitcoms or in positive TV roles.

Those institutions and publications were born out of the need to exist.

Like I said, people have short memories or are too young. They seem to think the world's this way and always has been. Of course, there are others who do remember what it was like and would like to take us all back there. They're often the ones who argue against affirmative action without the wits to know it was negative affirmative action that skewed employment and education against black people for decades. Society had to change and is better for it even though there's a good way to go yet.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Funnily enough, I don't believe it was always about racism. Not all the time. A lot of it was rich white guys from the upper classes being oblivious to the real world. It's why they automatically played the female roles in drag. It didn't enter their heads to get female actors. The commissioning editors produced what they'd always produced because they were an ageing generation lacking in ideas or novelty. 

Agreed, it just hadn't cross many a minds, plus the belief that such genre would not be popular with a broader demographic, meaning white ppl and the foreign market , at least that's among the reasons given by MTV execs , this is still played out in movies especially period pieces we shall over come flicks, ,not dealing with slavery or struggles against racism, any historical epic showing Black folks fully in charge of their own societies/civilizations etc we are assured would not sell, or they need a strong white presence, that was until Black Panther broke that rule both at home and abroad..at this point I don't know if things will change or go back to pre panther stage of the game

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Definitely!

And it's more about politics now than fairness. I was amazed by the reactions to the Oscars thing a few years ago. There was an obvious difference between the number of Oscars being won by one group compared to another and it looked like ethnicity/skin colour whatever was the factor. It's not fair if that's the case. Instead of that the social media went bat# about black people being Dem voters. WTF?! Whining about 'affirmative action' and 'ghetto thugs.' Crazy bastards.

Fair is fair, but then a certain demographic will say "life isn't fair" to perpetuate the unnatural unfairness of society. Culture is a product of humans so humans get to create the culture they abide in.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

You know??..during that time, I floated the idea to others that if they felt that strongly about it, instead of begging and protesting Oscar for inclusion or just representation, just go off and create the Ptah awards , (Ptah the Nile valley god of crafts man and architects) of whom Oscar is knock off from.
I argued the economic benefits for everything from catering to design, from event halls to sponsors

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Nobody should need to go and do their own awards. Then again, your logic makes sense if someone did. I prefer the Razzies anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join