It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monty Python Attacked For Being 'Too White'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I'm calling the silly police.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: PillarOfFire

way to take it out of context... he was clearly saying that times have changed, is all. it wasn't a critique of python, it was an acknowledgement that different POVs are explored in different eras.

but by all means manufacture your outrage, i know y'all gotta keep busy somehow.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Just one thing I don't like seeing in these threads: don't say this is a left problem. I'm from left ideologies. I hate the PG culture. I hate the new wave of feminism (feminazi). I love monthly python. Heck, even if I don't agree with most of what they say regarding social policies I love to listen to Jordan Peterson and Ben Shapiro. Don't put us all in the same basket

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
.Monty Python is finny A.F so is Benny Hill, England at that time had it's own social dynamic in the 60 ts and 70ts , not unlike the states, enjoy it for what it was...which is Funny!!

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

That's it, enjoy it for its history, but don't keep trying to erase it.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Nobody is trying to erase Monty Python from history though.
All the guy in the OP said is the show probably wouldn't be made in the same format these days, and you could say that about lots of shows from the 60's and 70's.
You seem to be needlessly worried?

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Shane Allen belongs in a Monty Python skit,,what a clueless buffoon.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Nobody is trying to erase Monty Python from history though.
All the guy in the OP said is the show probably wouldn't be made in the same format these days, and you could say that about lots of shows from the 60's and 70's.
You seem to be needlessly worried?

Yup. What network would be able to air this today?

Great show btw. I have it in it's entirety.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Easy to jump on the PC bashing bandwagon but there are plenty of comedy shows from the 60's and 70's that would not be made today. Might have been funny at the time but they just make you cringe nowadays.

Python though, comedy gold.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I'm not worried why would I be. When I saw that article I saw other instances we've all talked about on here. The Texas flag being one, uprooting statues is another. Don't matter how you spell it out, its a distain for all things History. Shun history an make the younger generation hate it instead then society in 30 years will be even dumber than the one we've already got. If you think its not a problem in the works then walk away. I ain't the only one who seeing the bigger picture here.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: PillarOfFire
If you think its not a problem in the works then walk away. I ain't the only one who seeing the bigger picture here.
No, I'll disagree with whatever I wish to and post whatever I like according to T&C's

You do seem worried though, hence your added examples of removing statues and people crying about the Texas flag.
The OP is solely about a UK TV show, and a UK TV executive expressing an opinion that such a show would not be made in the same format these days.
Nowhere does the article describe attempts to erase history, that is your own added value to the conversation, and frankly wrong.
The erasing of history silliness is a solely US thing, we aren't doing it here in the UK because we accept history is what it is, in all its shameful glory.
I can understand why you may disapprove of your countryfolk wishing to hide your history, but don't try to make out that people in the UK are trying to do the same.
We're not, because we aren't as nuts as the snowflakes and SJW BS type folk in your country.
You have crazy folk in the US on a mass organised level - BLM, Antifa, MGTOW, Proud Boys etc, none of which have a similar following in the UK, they just get laughed at by Brits.

So yes, I understand that you have problems with people like that in your country, but the OP in no way reflects similar pathetic campaigns in the UK - merely a bloke saying (factually) that such a TV show wouldn't be created in such a format today.
Clutching at straws much? lol
edit on 15-8-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

No, I'll disagree with whatever I wish to and post 

Who's the one getting tetchy now? Not gonna argue with you, its mundane to continue with your emotions going off like a small explosion at random intervals. Have yourself a good one I'm having another brewsk.
edit on 15-8-2018 by PillarOfFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Dude I put laughing icon after my words, please don't think I'm emotional in any other way than I'm laughing at you and your silly attempt to equate the article in the OP with the childlike efforts of your countryfolk to erase history.
I'm calm and amused mate, you seem to be the tetchy one telling me to walk away if I disagree.
So no, I'll hang around like a bad smell and mock your whining about the PC/SJW people in your country.
A purely US thing which the rest of the world laughs at!
Here, just in case you misintepret my current mood...

edit on 15-8-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: typo

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Meh... Have a beer you're too tight man.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
No, again you are projecting your own thoughts into my state of mind and you are failing badly.
I am laughing at you and your attempts to link a quote from a BBC exec about how monty python would not be recreated in the same format today, with the childish attempts to erase history in the US.
I'm not 'tight' I'm amused. Even moreso because all you can do is attempt to deflect by asserting your imaginations about my emotional state instead of debating the issue.

If you wish to discuss how wrong you are to link crazy US folk erasing history with the article in the OP then please do, I enjoy debate.
But if all you can do is make childlike comments about how you perceive my emotional state to be then nope, I'll just carry on laughing to myself about your poor (facebook like) debating skills lol
Here, I'll reiterate my mood again, in the hope you are capable of understanding these emotion icons....

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

OK Emo man whatever you say.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Again, no attempt to debate, just more silly labels to describe me.
Have you forgotten this is ATS not facebook? lol
I'd prefer to engage in debate about the points I raised which are counter to yours, so please do argue against them and we can have an interesting discussion. But if you prefer to carry on with childlike labels for me, I'm equally easy because you entertain and amuse me, like a mouse does to my cat.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Look man the session ended 3 posts ago. Please make an appt. for next Tues. 3pm if you want then we can continue if that's what you need.

I recall you were the one instigating labels onto me from the start but, you're in denial I forgot. Watch the door on your way out its spring loaded.
edit on 15-8-2018 by PillarOfFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Jeez. You two don't do this well...

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Oh gosh, I wonder why you started a thread if you are incapable of debating it when someone disagrees with you.
Now I'll ask again, do you agree that the article in the OP about a British TV show has no relevance to the silly 'erasing history' thing going on in the US?
I'm debating your OP here, not debating you or your emotional state, so please do share your thoughts on the substance of my comments. This is ATS not facebook mate lol

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join