It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monty Python Attacked For Being 'Too White'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

You could always go Invade China or Saudiarabia let's start there.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: PillarOfFire

Sometimes it seems to me that the last refuge for white people will be Russia!

Want some white entertainment? How about Marina Devyatova?

Of course, I suppose they'll soon be banned from Youttube as well.
edit on 14-8-2018 by TonyS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Okay if you think I attacked you it's probably true, RUN!

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
If only Monty Python knew they needed to act in blackface to be politically correct 50 years after they made their movies. Oh wait, they had the Black Knight who could not be defeated, they'll be okay.
edit on 14-8-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
If only Monty Python knew they needed to act in blackface to be politically correct 50 years after they made their movies. Oh wait, they had the Black Knight who could not be defeated, they'll be okay.

That was Benny Hill's job:

The overt sexuality of his show would also not fly today. The feminists would screams bloody murder.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Everyone on the telly was posh, speaking the Queens English back in those day.
Now the tv has presenters that have many accents.........

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

It's funny, I can't stand Cruise, but like a lot of his movies.

You were spot on saying Python haven't been 'attacked' and the rest is the usual hyperbole and panic response. Somebody somewhere's telling their friends "they're trying to ban Monty Python for being white! It's political correctness gone mad!"

Without googling I'd say most UK sketch shows remain predominantly white and so do the sitcoms. I follow stand up comedy and most of the successful UK comedians are white too. It's hard to care what colour or class they are as long as they are FUNNY.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Ukraine's Got Talent is better......

edit on 14-8-2018 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Then there is the fact that Benny Hill was crap.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Monty Python found a niche.

The comedy was absolute gold:

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

He was pretty poor.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Not even finished with my second cup of coffee yet.... sheesh.

So a group of kids meet in college, found out they make great friends and as an added perk they are the Most Talented and Funniest Gretuitist direct line to my Funny Bone Laugh out Loud Bunch of People

So when I was in high school and met my 5 best friends, I was wrong? It didn't matter that when I was in grade school in Whittier California where African American kids( just call them American as I am too) but moved away and was only accepted by the lifelong friends I have now because I was a deaf dork listhhhpy kid.... and the afro Americans on the football team didn't like me because I was different.

My 5 friends and I took over the EMT and EMT i classes as instructors in northern Nevada. There were not to many non white folks that wanted to join. The few that did became crucial to the EMS program ( because they were damn good at what they do, color didn't matter )as all of us where a tight knit that loved Chicken Wings and Beer. We also all mostly worked for REMSA and CAREFLIGHT....

And here I am defending how MY LIFE PANNED OUT.
This is what it's come too?
Monty Python was what it was.... if nobody liked it, then make your own show.

Here watch this show... In Living Color
en.m.wikipedia.org...

It's pointless anymore.
Whole damn world has become SUPER STUPID.

How many people audition for Saturday Night Live?
How Many People Auditioned for SCTV-Second City Television
en.m.wikipedia.org...

The Kids in the Hall
en.m.wikipedia.org...

🤗Good Morning ATS🤗

edit on 14-8-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple
Problem I have with this Is you PC nuts yell equality for all while using a demographic stance being the white male one, to push an agenda that only benefits the PC cause. Get it?

I stand for equality no matter what the color but I'll say it again the implication with this article is plain as day. Very subtle tactics the BBC are using, like CNN and others. Everything is pushed on a subtle level, not everyone wants to see it cause all they hear is you must be racist if you don't want other races involved. That's a false assumption being implied purposely to draw attention to something g that's not there.
edit on 14-8-2018 by PillarOfFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Isn't this just merely a comparison of the times though? Saying, back in the day this was acceptable, but today we'd do it this way. Why do you have to blow this out of proportion and make it a race baiting thread?

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Whoo hoo! Go Ukraine!

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: PillarOfFire
Don't think I've seen this posted but this PC dross is going too far for my liking. Who attacks an icon and culture of a host country but the PC gangs. Its disturbing as hell. Its becoming a political issue now its affecting private lives and comedy now.

Recently, the BBC's Head of Comedy Shane Allen criticized the classic comedy troupe "Monty Python" for being too white, male, and middle class.

"If you're going to assemble a team now it's not going to be six Oxbridge white blokes," Allen said in June. "It's going to be a diverse range of people who reflect the modern world."

www.dailywire.com...

Wonder what their thoughts are on BET channel?

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Problem I have with this Is you PC nuts yell equality for all while using a demographic stance being the white male one, to push an agenda that only benefits the PC cause. Get it?

You're taking way too much out of that hysterical article. The person you're calling a 'PC nut' actually nailed the article in their first post. It's taken out of context and you've dragged it even further from context by exploiting the error to score points about white identity.

And you know what? It's all hypothetical malarkey isn't it? Monty Python WAS made and they aren't here now. There's no point yelling at people over something that never happened. And another thing...if you look at the most popular UK sketch shows of the past 10-18 years, they're predominantly white or all white. This means the BBC guy was exaggerating and makes your argument very patchy.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I attacked you, make wild assumptions about you and am trolling you. I see a problem here but it's not on tv. You have issues, it's okay to be white middle class male, you're not the king of the world anymore like 50's and before, but
Nobody attacks you
The PC crowd if it is a homogenous group with an agenda I'm not part of it
You didn't understand the article.

Do you often feel people around you are talking # behind your back? Because it could be symptomatic.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Then there is the fact that Benny Hill was crap.

I guess you weren't a pubescent boy in the 70's then.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Yes I was but even then I had standards!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join