It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monty Python Attacked For Being 'Too White'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: SummerRain

That's irrelevant it's a fashion magazine she was a fashion icon.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I think its a misunderstanding , its not against anyone , current diverse demography still like Monty Python.

Its just that the changing audience would want a group that represent current diverse demography.

Not racism , just audience demographic representation.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: PillarOfFire

"If you're going to assemble a team now it's not going to be six Oxbridge white blokes," Allen said in June. "It's going to be a diverse range of people who reflect the modern world."

Guess who wins the Upper Class Twit of the Year award: The white bloke running comedy. Why doesn't he step down and let a more diverse person run things for a while, huh?

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

That's irrelevant it's a fashion magazine she was a fashion icon.

Yeah... never saw the fascination with ugly models. Of any ethnicity.

So what was the point then.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Yeah, whatever happened to putting quality of product over the "need" to be diverse?

There are PC idiots everywhere--the last decade we have seen the cancer of political correctness grow like unchecked weeds in a grass-free field.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Launching a range of new diverse comedy programmes, with the centrepiece a celebration of the work of Sir Lenny Henry, the controller of BBC comedy commissioning Shane Allen has declared that the days of Oxbridge male dominance on his channels are long gone.

He's right. These days are gone. No need to cry white folks, you stay white for the rest of your life.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

The point was what I see in reality should be represented in the media, personally I prefer quality over pc. But I don't raise black/asian/indian babies and have to explain to them why there is not a single black super hero.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

This PC bollocks is becoming engrained in all BBC and UK TV programing in general.
And the quality of UK TV is suffering accordingly.

Strangely enough the one group significantly under represented in everything within the UK at present is white, working class males - I wonder why that is?

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Do you only watch "race-appropriate" movies?

Do you only watch anti white men race baiting movies? Sounds like you're a full out PC Shamer to me. In your mind standing up for your own gender cause its being abused is A OK unless your a woman or black? Makes sense.
edit on 14-8-2018 by PillarOfFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I'd never attack Monty Python for being too white.

Never liked it on other grounds.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

No. But that's my question to you originally. Do you only watch race-appropriate movies?

I am a woman and can say the race of the crew and acteurs have never influenced my decisions. I wouldn't watch Mission Impossible because I seriously hate Cruise but he is the only exception.
edit on 14-8-2018 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

This is how the world will end its fifth Mayan cycle no doubt. Its hard to keep up with the world when you're trying to avoid it at the same time.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

That's not a question, that's a trolling.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I see to much of Danny Dyer, even his daughter is now "famous", for 5 mins lets hope, Ant and Dec until recently pretty much hosted everything, Gary Lineker on the beeb hosts a lot also, I dont give a rats ass about the ethnicity of someone on the Tv, but I dont think we as whites are being under represented.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Wait until they find out The Beatles ejected the fifth, black member

That's coming next!

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Your feelings aren't facts. You feel discrimination fact is demographic representation.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

The implication is anti white guys, this coming from the head of Twittery which is PC cracking insane. The guys implying some well thought out racist stuff. Only the blind sides not seeing it because PC.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: PillarOfFire

"If you're going to assemble a team now it's not going to be six Oxbridge white blokes," Allen said in June. "It's going to be a diverse range of people who reflect the modern world."

So the meaning I take away from this is. A diverse range of people didn't exist before the 'modern world', the only people in existence clearly used to be white people from Oxbridge, and nobody but white people ever found Monty Python funny.

Also as far as I know, Monty Python's been fairly popular again recently, i'm pretty sure most of their collection is on Netflix now, I watched the meaning of life again a few weeks ago, and it always seems to be 'what's trending' on there.....seems like the 'diverse modern world' doesn't mind the whiteness of Monty Python...but then again what do I know I suppose.
edit on 14/8/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Talk about taking things totally out of context to fuel some fake outrage about the PC police.

What was actually said was entirely reasonable and within context.

But hey, ATS is good at generating fake outrage about how the lefties are the real nazis here.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I stopped responding to your drizzle on page 2. Your assuming you know my stance, do you always go into attack mode and assume # of people?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join