It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monty Python Attacked For Being 'Too White'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Don't think I've seen this posted but this PC dross is going too far for my liking. Who attacks an icon and culture of a host country but the PC gangs. Its disturbing as hell. Its becoming a political issue now its affecting private lives and comedy now.

Recently, the BBC's Head of Comedy Shane Allen criticized the classic comedy troupe "Monty Python" for being too white, male, and middle class.

"If you're going to assemble a team now it's not going to be six Oxbridge white blokes," Allen said in June. "It's going to be a diverse range of people who reflect the modern world."

www.dailywire.com...

edit on 14-8-2018 by PillarOfFire because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
More unchecked racist extremism on the left that will lead to extremism on the right.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
The guy's an idiot. Monty Python is still watched regularly today. Hell I've got everything they did sans the Policeman's Balls. Dude needs...

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: PillarOfFire

It is now okay for the media to be blatantly prejudice against whites, and to target them (as a race). Anyone who tries to call them out "doesn't understand", is a product of white privilege, etc.

Reverse racism doesn't exist and anyone who is white deserves to be shamed and targeted
That's the new message from "grassroots" political activism groups, the media and their celebrity underlings
edit on 14-8-2018 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I think you take this a little bit out of context and nobody said anything bad, just that today it wouldn't happen.
I was shocked when I read the title, but what's actually being said is a true statement.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Yeh, well I Fart in his general direction.

this really is the dawn of the age of outrageousness.

link   
a reply to: intrepid

A great one. My parents are big python fans and disappointed its come to this.
edit on 14-8-2018 by PillarOfFire because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Peeple

Point taken. Shows like All in the Family and anything Mel Brooks wouldn't fly in today's atmosphere.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

If you're a guy it doesn't feel good being pushed into a corner all the time. I'm seeing this all the time now white dude bad everyone else good.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Wait until they find out The Beatles ejected the fifth, black member

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

This goes to the heart of a question I have had in mind for years now.

If there is something on "the boob tube" which you don't like, just how hard is it to change the channel or simply turn the darn thing off ?????

I have been known to do both in the past. I can easily remember when we only got two stations where I lived. This simple act seemed to work then and I will bet it will work today.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

But there is always black movies to keep yall asses down, ya dig! Sa Da Tay !!

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Ha. True. Also sad.

*why can't I star anyone anymore?

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I see whats going on here...

First they destroy art around cities that reflect days of white racist men.. and now the time have come to movies and series from all times

Sounds to me USA is under attack from terrorists

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Wow a fellow SNL lover of Eddie, gotta love the James Brown Sketch, getting in my hottub also

Eddie is a comedy genius!!!!!!

There was a compilation video that i had somewhere, many a laugh, as for Monty Python just before my time but they were very naughty boys

edit on 14-8-2018 by UpIsNowDown because: link

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

You still get the big roles, Mission Impossible, 007 never was black...

Also the Vogue had her first black female cover a few weeks ago that's also a reality and we are almost 20 years after Naomi Campbell.

Do you only watch "race-appropriate" movies?

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

You think Naomi Campbell is good looking?

See, that's something wrong with you, and not a racial issue at all. Fugly af.

Most of the models have been and are. I just don't get the pug dog eye look.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

..........but non white people aren't funny.

That doesn't matter.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The funny thing is... I see this all over the internet, but where I live anyway, none of this exists. People are for the most part normal. I believe they are making 0.000001% of the population look like 50%, and most people are buying it. "Civil war!" ahhh!!!!! No.... Most people are behaving in general.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
totally agree with this statement

"If you're going to assemble a team now it's not going to be six Oxbridge white blokes," Allen said in June. "It's going to be a diverse range of people who reflect the modern world."

Needs to be followed with

won't be nearly as funny either.

That's why i really don't watch much modern TV. I don't watch Sanford and Son thinking, this show would be funnier if there were some white people on it...I am too busy laughing. When i am not laughing at a modern tv show, i do think, how did the white women and Hispanic man have a black baby, and the Hispanic man doesn't accuse his wife of cheating on him
edit on 14-8-2018 by SocratesJohnson because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join