It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN's Chis Cuomo Defends ANTIFA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

That’s a fair summary

The problem is when you justify extremists violence because you subjectively view their cause as more just

You give the exact justification that your opponents will use

Hence Cuomo has no reason for complaining about trump supporters being mean to the press: just like Cuomo feels Antifa is fighting terrible people, trump supporters feel the media is terrible people

That’s why all reasonable people should decry all of this violence unless it’s self defense, because our subjective feelings on which violence comes from a better place is irrelevant

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Absolutely, we can get things done without having to resort to violence in this country. If you don’t like what someone is saying at their speech feel free to peacefully protest. Feel free to have your own counter gathering and have your own speeches. Garner votes to support your cause, run for office, change policy. There is no need for violence. And there is no need to stifle free speech.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

YOU STILL DONT SEEM TO UNDERSTAND WHY TRUMP IS PRESIDENT!! THIS IS WHY!! YOUR KIND CONTINUES RO DESTROY ITSELF! LOLOLOL
edit on 14-8-2018 by PurpleFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I just watched the video.

He's saying that your wrong if you start violence, period, even if you are antifa.

He then goes on to say that it's right to oppose hate groups like the KKK and Nazis and Neo Nazis and white supremists.

So...I'm not seeing a problem with this video clip. Someone please break it down to me how hes wrong there? Yeah I get that he has liberal views and is a democrat, but that doesn't make him wrong in this case.
edit on 14-8-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

The problem as I see it, is everyone that disagrees with them is being painted as KKK, Nazis, or white supremacist, even if they are not.

Yea some of the people Antifa goes against are those things, bunch are not as well.

Once the Left stops painting everyone with a differing viewpoint as a Nazi then his clip might have some truth to it.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

The problem as I see it, is everyone that disagrees with them is being painted as KKK, Nazis, or white supremacist, even if they are not.

Yea some of the people Antifa goes against are those things, bunch are not as well.

Once the Left stops painting everyone with a differing viewpoint as a Nazi then his clip might have some truth to it.

Except this video was really sort of aimed at unite the right rally and violence there from both Anitfa and the white supremists. That is a Nazi/KKK/white supremist party. That's not differing views that actual nazis.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   
So I looked at the video. And what I hear is "Good versus Evil..."

He makes a good point about a counter force that is forming to balance out the rise of open bigotry. But, that's exactly what I would expect in a society like the US.

Though Mr. Cuomo gives lip service to non-violent action, the tone of his message indicates otherwise.

However, my greatest disappointment is that he did not specifically address those "ANTIFA" operatives that were wearing masks.

If even a fraction of the violence being attributed to this ANTIFA boogeyman is valid, then I believe this group should be declared domestic terrorists and treated accordingly.

The Unites States is still a nation of laws. There is currently no need for a group of people to show up at protest rallies wearing masks.

Everyone still has the right of free speech; even those with whom we disagree. If one feels strongly enough about a particular point of view, then they should not hide their identity; even if that exposure opens them up to retaliation.

I fear that this masked contingent of ANTIFA can easily be infiltrated and diverted for nefarious purposes. Furthermore, I question what fraction of these so-called ANTIFA members are unable to differentiate between COSPLAY and potentially violent activism.

By continuing to present themselves as some form of Paramilitary Ninjas, they are simply reinforcing an ANARCHIST mindset.

-dex

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Thejoncrichton

Mabye the Dem's have a plan to "Bring America Down' and
Antifa is part of it....America hating, violent leftists wow
just can't see how this is going to work for them.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Like Father, like son. The Cuomo apples fall close to the tree, where they ROT.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

Except this video was really sort of aimed at unite the right rally and violence there from both Anitfa and the white supremists. That is a Nazi/KKK/white supremist party. That's not differing views that actual nazis.

The Nazi's were wiped out in WW2. What are you talking about?

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Bluntone22

What's that his sentencing date?

You got that $1,000 ready for me?

Tick Toc

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: pompel9

originally posted by: amazing

The Nazi's were wiped out in WW2. What are you talking about?

They weren't though. I mean if you have the word Nazi in your organizations name...you're basically a Nazi. Pretty much Aryan means the same thing.

Here's a short list of active groups, but there are dozens more.

The American Nazi Party
The Aryan Brotherhood of Texas
The Aryan Brotherhood
The Aryan Guard
The Hammerskins
The White Aryan Resistance

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Fists don't change minds they solidify them.

Antifa is nothing but a gang that only knows violence and CNN is a tool that is making it worse.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join