It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's Paranoid?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

You've never heard of 'wine gums'?

wow... you're missing out on a special sweet

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
Ah a subject dear to my heart. The owners are paranoid. I worked in a very small facility where there were cameras everywhere. They not only spent hours viewing costumers. One costumer was texted that she had been seen daily talking to an employee.
They announced that "we" were being monitored 24/7 by corporate. I habituated my self to smile to the camera, and tell costumers that I had to go because I was on camera. When I left my shift I would always open my purse in view of a camera and a manager.
I hate the damn things. As a customer I will give it the "finger" show what I am putting in my cart and then fumble around with something on purpose. Go in my pocket pull out something.

How much time do they waist viewing cameras versus creating trust with employees and costumers.

Exactlu.. i just replied above about 'trusting your customers'

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

There was a time when the customer was always right and you should respect your customers and trust your customers... after all, they are coming to your shop to buy products!

Those were the days. Seems like many of today's customers want a five finger discount no matter what is sold.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

There was a time when the customer was always right and you should respect your customers and trust your customers... after all, they are coming to your shop to buy products!

Those were the days. Seems like many of today's customers want a five finger discount no matter what is sold.

5 Fingers??

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I've noticed the cameras in some big name stores in my area... and they aren't hiding them either. The aisles have a huge screens and you can watch yourself on video shopping on that particular aisle. Its not just a camera by the front door anymore, they are lining your shopping aisles. I wonder how many cameras this setup took ? Get ready its coming, this isn't new... we've known it was headed in this direction.

It was ironically funny... the day this particular store went live with its system I happened to be their first shopper in the morning and the staff was having a group meeting up by the registers... they were in the process of booting up their new system and I got a tad delayed during my checkout.

The thought that came to my mind as I walked down the aisle watching my self shop... Is this store is an anchor for testing a new security package for the watchdogs ? I won't mention the name of which store it happened to be but it made me think of this store in a different way. I was kinda of shocked to see it in this particular store for certain... but the more I thought about it... not really. I'm sure alot of folks shop here and they are near a few other big names stores too... anchored together which I have no doubt are in the program too because of things I've witnessed in those stores while shopping too.

This is larger than simple retail store security... its just another phaze of the eyes on u projects going on worldwide. Sold to the store as a nice pretty security package with a big red bow on top !

No need to be paranoid...

leolady

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Ah... We have Dollar Tree and Everything's A Dollar stores here. I'm sure there are variations of these bargain stores under other names too.

I don't usually notice security cameras but in Walgreens they have motion detectors that ring out an announcement that a patron needs assistance in a particular department.
"Customer assistance is needed in the cosmetics department"
"Customer assistance is needed in the vitamin department"
I'm like...No I don't I'm just looking. Lol
But security cameras...just a part of life. Who notices except people trying to evade them?

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Yes. Thank you. We do have them here.
There are treasures in those stores amongst the junk. Such as these little plastic bowl covers with elastic that come in a box with three different sizes. They look like little shower caps and I've used the largest of them to cover my head when I want to deep condition my hair. But they are so handy to cover off sized bowls or one's that simply don't have a cover. They have a very small one that will fit a coffee cup sized vessel. I am never without them.
I was there yesterday. They have Halloween decorations for sale already. LOL
edit on 8252018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: leolady

Let em watch. Who cares?

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

We won't tell anyone if you really were just stealing cosmetics. No really, paint me a clown face and all.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

5 Fingers??

Yea, shoplifting is sometimes referred to as the "five finger discount".

Basically I'd say that many people aren't really criminally minded but have a lack of self control and give in to "crimes of opportunity". People may pick up a wallet or money that they see someone drop and keep it, or find a credit/debit card at an ATM and try to use it to purchase something online. They may try and rationalize the situation with the saying "finders keepers" or "they should be more careful with their money" or what have you, but it really comes down to a lack of empathy and scruples IMO. Humans are opportunistic and will give in to bad behavior if they think no one is looking, hence more cameras to keep them honest.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I'm either paranoid, or not.
I wish I was paranoid.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Sadly camera's are all a fundamental part of society now.
Can't step one foot out of the house without being watched by someone or something.
Want to search something on the internet? Google knows. Want to buy a beer from your local store? 5 CCTV camera's eyeing you as you walk through. You're working? Camera's watch your every single move.

Want to go camping to hide from it all? Good luck! Phone is tracking you by GPS.
Wish I could leave this era and live a simpler life than this totalitarian one we're all sleep walking through.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Have you seen what a pack of school weans can do to a shop or manage to chorey at lunchtime?

Not got a problem with cameras in shops unless the bank machine is covered by them, in which case the scam is obvious.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Black ones are the best.

Never had Sportmixure?

Again black ones were the best but they changed them.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Black ones are the best.

Never had Sportmixure?

Again black ones were the best but they changed them.

I bought meself 2 packets on Tuesday

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: StrangeQuark96

At least with camping, you have the choice to leave your phone at home.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Opportunistic? I guess but I still think this is some open prison we've let be built around us.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join