It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New battery invented at Glasgow University could revolutionise electric vehicles

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

We're not far off. Give it a few more years.

Poor man's cold fusion is around the corner.

(Inadvertently, the breakthrough that will allow an interesting form of long term energy storage was stumbled on in 1993. Depending on how things go, that will be figured out at some point soon-ish. Right around the era where the "impossible EM drive" is adequately scaled up, and the mechanism fully understood.)

What we'll be using soon for "batteries" isn't really a traditional cathode/anode differential system. I just can't remember the specific scientist that makes the breakthrough, but it's someone involved with carbon polymer chemistry. They aren't trying to store energy, they're tackling a different issue entirely, and Teflon their way into the successor of Lithium Ion.

EDIT: Or all of this is bs, I'm making up. OP's post is interesting stuff. I like the general idea, but I'd wager it's going to get a lot better when they figure out how to do the same thing with a different material.

edit on 14-8-2018 by Archivalist because: heh

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Before you were born someone smart already figured "why have an electric car industry dependent on coal and oil? Just take out the middle man and put the coal in the car"

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

You want The Super Mario Bros world to come to life?

edit on 2018-8-19 by Protector because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join