It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ads covering content

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
WORST I've ever seen it here, today.
REALLY a nuisance.

I haven't seen ANY ads while logged in, for YEARS. Now, they're displaying wherever they can find an open spot on the ATS window. Making my typing "jumpy" too, with a slight jagged delay.

Did ATS start some kind of paid subscription service, so payors can become ad-free? If so, I'll pay...I'LL PAY!

BTW: Windows 10 / Edge Brower w/"block pop-ups" turned ON.

edit on 8/14/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I love it when a gazillion members say they are having the same problem and a couple other people say "well it must be your phone because i don't see anything wrong on mine"

Ok that's so cool, let's all use that guy's phone from now on, let everyone know!

I get lots of ads too now, mostly covering the entire screen on the phone, and on my laptop i don't see as many ads but i do see them, but i also see another thing happening. The page never finishes loading, that small loading circle on the tab keeps going forever and the page is very slow to respond, it makes it impossible to scroll up or down, the browser is so slow that i can't switch to another thread because the title bar says the app is not responding and changes to a different color like if the app has died

Other sites do not have this problem, is it doing something weird but i guess it's ok since now we all can use the single guy's phone that is not having this problem

Also i must say that a few weeks ago i would not get any ads at all, i even opened a thread about how i was getting a weird button that said "Close Ad" with no ad at all on the screen but that was back then now i do get ads and way too many or covering all the phone's screen
edit on 14-8-2018 by WarriorMH because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: WarriorMH

I agree. let's all go over to "The Guy With The Phone". In the mean time.
please, some one tell me that you have a pill that can help me adjust to this "New World Order"

edit on 14-8-2018 by WalkInSilence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I had the dame problem just turned on ad blocker for the site and now its fine. I suspect that ads are just getting better at forcing people to click on them. If you want AdBlock Plus (Firefox, Chrome, Opera) is free and prevents it through your browser.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   

^

is seriously anoying - my " exposure " to ads on ATS has historically been minimal

i assumed that the adstream i had ovver the weekend was just a glitch - cos i was on a tablet away from home

but - back in my tree - on desktop - i has this

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

^

is seriously anoying - my " exposure " to ads on ATS has historically been minimal

i assumed that the adstream i had ovver the weekend was just a glitch - cos i was on a tablet away from home

but - back in my tree - on desktop - i has this

I dont blame websites they need to make money. The trick is to block it without the advertisers knowing. Instead if the add i just get a blank spot as far as the sites concerned i saw the add. You really can't complain about a site trying to provide free content through advertising.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Ad me to the list of getting the ads , had to disable _javascript to be able to navigate the site.

So is this a thing now or ats having technical difficulties?

i thought logged in members with x amount of post got none or reduced amount of ads?has this changed?
edit on 29831America/ChicagoTue, 14 Aug 2018 23:29:01 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
Im getting bombarded all of a sudden too. The site is damn near unuseable.

I think when you go to one of those sites that says, "We use cookies to make your experience better! Click "OKAY" if you agree." and you click OKAY, you've opened a Pandora's box to ALL COOKIES FROM EVERYWHERE.

I did that at software download site yesterday (FileHippo.com) to get an updated version of CCleaner, and BOOM...inundated with ATS Ads, and now FoxNews and CNN are displaying a FULL-SCREEN ad that you must close to see anything on their sites.

It reminds me of when you donate to one charity, they sell your name to 100 others...and they all start contacting you.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

I had the dame problem just turned on ad blocker for the site and now its fine. I suspect that ads are just getting better at forcing people to click on them. If you want AdBlock Plus (Firefox, Chrome, Opera) is free and prevents it through your browser.

I don't block ATS, i do have one of those installed but i don't block this site at all, i just think it has to be controlled so that it doesn't push people away. No people so no money at all, no money no site at all. No win for anyone, right?

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Puppylove
Im getting bombarded all of a sudden too. The site is damn near unuseable.

I think when you go to one of those sites that says, "We use cookies to make your experience better! Click "OKAY" if you agree." and you click OKAY, you've opened a Pandora's box to ALL COOKIES FROM EVERYWHERE.

I did that at software download site yesterday (FileHippo.com) to get an updated version of CCleaner, and BOOM...inundated with ATS Ads, and now FoxNews and CNN are displaying a FULL-SCREEN ad that you must close to see anything on their sites.

It reminds me of when you donate to one charity, they sell your name to 100 others...and they all start contacting you.

Don't claim to know it all but just so you know, the ccleaner app is not really very safe, they have their own problems and who knows but it is very nice coincidence you got crazy ad attack just after updating ccleaner

thehackernews.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   
So far today I bought 683 dollars worth of crap I didn't need due to adds I was hooked into by this site.
Dammit! I can't afford this!!!
Make it stop

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

I had ATS "Whitelisted" within the Ad Blocker, because it wasn't hitting me with Ads. If this mess isn't resolved by ATS tomorrow, I'll follow your advice and Blacklist ATS until word arrives that this glitch (hopefully a glitch) has been fixed.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Thanks for alerting me to the problems that CCleaner has recently been identified with. I've been using it since it was called "Crap Cleaner". Probably took heat from our snowflake society for using that name.

Since this AD issue on ATS is occurring to so many users, across many platforms, it's probably an ATS site issue..accidental, or intentional.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

ditto

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Thanks for alerting me to the problems that CCleaner has recently been identified with. I've been using it since it was called "Crap Cleaner". Probably took heat from our snowflake society for using that name.

Since this AD issue on ATS is occurring to so many users, across many platforms, it's probably an ATS site issue..accidental, or intentional.

Yes it seems to be a general issue with the site

Lmao about the app name, i don't get why people take the fun things away like that
:/

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake
Hi

Ads have been a real nuicence on here of late. Completely covering threads and I'm unable to close them.

Is there a workaround?

Thanks

I have been having trouble with the ads as well. They just started happening in the last few weeks seems like and they are really annoying. Been a lurker/member here for 20+ years and never had ads interfering with reading posts before. Hope it can get fixed? I am using the same computer as always, and the same browser, same everything - so that's not it.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Same on this end via PC with ads covering the screen. The ads in-between comment replies just started. Looks like with some pages, where the ads is in between the comments, the full comments don't load.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Is there any update to the runaway ads issue?

Candidly, the current quantity of ads is not just irritating...it's offensive.

If, ultimately, the answer is we just need to deal with it then this is fine, and I'll just move along (elsewhere). It would be a shame if there wasn't some alternative offered up, but at present I see no other choices.

Thanks, and best regards.

UPDATE - Hmmmm, seems better after posting this. Progress perhaps? (If so...YAY!!!)
edit on 8/15/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   
A new ad format was enabled that works well on most pages, just not ours. I've instructed our ad provider to disable it immediately.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I heard a voice from above and all was good and peaceful again in the great realm.

Thank You,

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join