It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parliament incident: Armed police surround driver after vehicle 'hits several pedestrians'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I saw that the police are saying the driver was not known to the intelligence services. I suppose we are left with guesswork as to the motive for this without much to go on, except that it does follow a familiar pattern. No beards involved though, it seems.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Have they described the driver as "southwest Asian" yet?

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

No beards involved though, it seems.

The two pieces of crap that killed Lee Rigby didn't have the stereotypical beards that we've come to expect.

Having watched the video it does seem lucky that no-one was seriously hurt but it doesn't appear a well thought out attack.
My guess, and I admit it is only a guess without any real evidence to support it at present, is that it is a lone nut job claiming inspiration from one of any number of Islamic extremist groups.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Have they described the driver as "southwest Asian" yet?

Err, no.
And they won't.
Because he isn't.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

True, and they certainly were two pieces of crap. You are probably right but it's all a guess at the moment.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

It will all come out in the end though, stands to reason.

And if not "They" will simply make it up in the interim.

But the Mans obviously not going to be able to "no comment" his way out of this horrible situation.

The truth will out eventually.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

"Have they described the driver as "southwest Asian" yet?"

Whats that, a Chinese fellow with a cowboy hat?

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I expect it won't be long before we get a better idea of what's gone on here. I think we can rule out accident, though. So that leaves terrorist or bloke with mental health "issues".

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I don't think it's an accident myself.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I don't think it's an accident myself.

No you don't see a group of people on bikes accelerate than swerve to hit them by accident.He meant to hurt people luckily he's an idiot.

My prediction is Somali been in the UK for 3 years. And we will find he just recently broke up with girlfriend or wife.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Sly News are reporting that three homes in the Midlands have been raided,

Second line,

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
a reply to: szino9

www.dailymail.co.uk... this link? it appears to show a dark skinned man in a poofy jacket

Witnesses said officers initially stood back and said it seemed as if they were concerned that the car may have contained a bomb. Witness Jason Williams told ITV's Good Morning Britain that the incident was 'very, very scary', adding that he was feeling 'very anxious'. He said: 'Basically I've seen a man driving a vehicle, and he's gone into one of the bollards. There was a loud bang. 'Straight away I thought 'Oh no, this is another terrorist attack'. So I've just started to run and the police were saying 'get out, get out of the area'.
and

'I was very surprised (the police didn't go in straight away). They seemed to be standing back. They were obviously a bit wary, like what's going to happen next? 'I don't know if it was a tip-off, a warning, that this was a bomb. There seems to be maybe about 200 police here now, and it's all happened very quickly in the space of half an hour.' Police have cordoned off Millbank and Victoria Tower Gardens. Armed police, ambulances and firefighters were all on the scene.
guess we will have to wait for the update from Scotland yard but it seems the barriers did the job they were designed to do and stopped the vehicle ,and on plus side it seems that those injured do not have life threatening injuries

A poofy jacket? In mid-August? Almost certainly, he had a suicide vest hidden under it.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

"Have they described the driver as "southwest Asian" yet?"

Whats that, a Chinese fellow with a cowboy hat?

Nah that's how the politically correct journalists and politicians describe Muslims from the middle east, trying to give the public a false impression.

To my knowledge, there's no info to indicate he's a Muslim yet. He may not be.
edit on 14 8 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

first off i dont think any one in this thread but you is "hoping for terrorizim" second who cares if idris elba plays bond ,bond is not a person its a code name of the top agent lets leave race baiting and that nonsense out of this please

www.nytimes.com... still being treated as terrorisim as per the ny times

Neil Basu, the counterterrorism chief of the Metropolitan Police, said the department was treating the incident as one of terrorism, “given that this appears to be a deliberate act,” the sensitive location and the method used. Parliament has been attacked before, and past terrorist attacks have involved cars driving into pedestrians.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

www.ourmidland.com... yeah its being shared by other media outlets now as well thank you for pointing this out as i try to be through in my ops

www.ourmidland.com...

British counter-terrorism police are carrying out three searches in central England as part of an investigation after a car slammed into barriers outside the Houses of Parliament in London. Police say the driver, a 29-year-old UK national, was arrested on suspicion of preparing a terrorist act. He is currently being questioned at a south London police station. Police say the silver Fiesta, which was privately owned, had travelled from Birmingham to London late on Monday night. It was then driven around the Westminster and Whitehall area from approximately 6 a.m. until the crash at 7:37 a.m. Tuesday.
so still no name but we got an age now 29 year old

www.independent.co.uk... hes not co-operating with authorities apparently

Police have not identified the suspect as they work to establish the motive for the incident, which injured three people and sparked a large security operation and evacuations in Westminster. Theresa May vowed that terrorists would "never succeed" in dividing Britain, after Donald Trump took to Twitter to blame "crazy animals" for the attack.
and

"There is no intelligence at this time of further danger to Londoners or the rest of the UK connected to this incident." Two vehicles appeared to be behind the car shortly before the crash but Mr Basu said there "was not a police car in pursuit of the vehicle" and a nearby ambulance with its blue lights on was on a "completely unrelated call". The driver, a man in his late 20s, was arrested at the scene by armed officers and has been taken into police custody. Mr Basu said his team's current priority was to formally identify the suspect "and establish his motivation if we can - he is not currently cooperating".
so it seems they are having trouble identifying him and lastly it seems thankfully that the injured are expected to recover fully with none of the injuries being life threatening

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
So they're still slow-walking it, but now they're saying he's "of Sudanese origin".

So will they be calling him a North African terrorist to avoid saying he's Muslim? Sudan is 97% Muslim, so...

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Seems surprising to me that the guy drove around Westminster & Whitehall for 87 minutes, doing nothing in particular - no stops, no engagements of any sort - without some automated CCTV system flagging the activity as 'suspicious'. Don't they have algorithms for that sort of thing yet?

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
Seems surprising to me that the guy drove around Westminster & Whitehall for 87 minutes, doing nothing in particular - no stops, no engagements of any sort - without some automated CCTV system flagging the activity as 'suspicious'. Don't they have algorithms for that sort of thing yet?

The only thing I'd think they could do is program them to look at plates. If you're just telling it to alert you if it sees a silver Fiesta a certain number of times, you're gonna get alerts every day. That's like saying it's suspicious if you see multiple silver Civics in 87 minutes.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

www.ourmidland.com... yeah its being shared by other media outlets now as well thank you for pointing this out as i try to be through in my ops

www.ourmidland.com...

British counter-terrorism police are carrying out three searches in central England as part of an investigation after a car slammed into barriers outside the Houses of Parliament in London. Police say the driver, a 29-year-old UK national, was arrested on suspicion of preparing a terrorist act. He is currently being questioned at a south London police station. Police say the silver Fiesta, which was privately owned, had travelled from Birmingham to London late on Monday night. It was then driven around the Westminster and Whitehall area from approximately 6 a.m. until the crash at 7:37 a.m. Tuesday.
so still no name but we got an age now 29 year old

www.independent.co.uk... hes not co-operating with authorities apparently

Police have not identified the suspect as they work to establish the motive for the incident, which injured three people and sparked a large security operation and evacuations in Westminster. Theresa May vowed that terrorists would "never succeed" in dividing Britain, after Donald Trump took to Twitter to blame "crazy animals" for the attack.
and

"There is no intelligence at this time of further danger to Londoners or the rest of the UK connected to this incident." Two vehicles appeared to be behind the car shortly before the crash but Mr Basu said there "was not a police car in pursuit of the vehicle" and a nearby ambulance with its blue lights on was on a "completely unrelated call". The driver, a man in his late 20s, was arrested at the scene by armed officers and has been taken into police custody. Mr Basu said his team's current priority was to formally identify the suspect "and establish his motivation if we can - he is not currently cooperating".
so it seems they are having trouble identifying him and lastly it seems thankfully that the injured are expected to recover fully with none of the injuries being life threatening

If they know he's 29 years old, then they know who he is. They just don't want to release his name.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

They just don't want to release his name.

Then I'm sure there'll be some security or legal reason that prohibits the release of his name.

Due procedure has to be followed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join