It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow 20 frikin years..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Yep my wife and I tied the knot on August 14th 1998. So today is our 20th Anniversary . Been together 28 years .

I actually took her to the Prom. I cant believe its been this long lol.

We have a grandson. It just doesnt seem possible . Its been rough then good then rough again but we stuck it out.

Thick or thin. We are so co dependent at this point I dont think I could live without her. So now i just wait and pray for the sweet release of death.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

RIP

I mean... congrats!!

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   

WOW that is a long time from my perspective. I would only be ten in 1998. Congrats man and keep it up dude. Hope you are having a VERY good anniversary(wink and nudge)

In all seriousness though really do keep this up. Most people that take a lady to prom don’t make but maybe a year anymore. Often times I am sure many of us wish we did, so good on you two.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Congrats!

Met mine in Sept of 75.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Congrats!

Met mine in Sept of 75.

Wow I was 3 lol

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

WOW that is a long time from my perspective. I would only be ten in 1998. Congrats man and keep it up dude. Hope you are having a VERY good anniversary(wink and nudge)

In all seriousness though really do keep this up. Most people that take a lady to prom don’t make but maybe a year anymore. Often times I am sure many of us wish we did, so good on you two.

ty

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

RIP

I mean... congrats!!

ty.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Congratulations to you and the Mrs.!

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Pretty amazing in this day and age, well done
Once you start taking it for granted that's when you slip up

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Not married as long as you but I'm with you on the co dependence thing.
I would be totally lost if I didn't have her.

Who else is going to tolerate a pain in the ass such as myself

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Wen just celebrated 1 year 8/11/18
The co-dependance thing.....we tend to look after, or 'mother' each other. we're both middle aged (me 52, her 41, 1st marriage for us both), and we're both the smart flighty type, so we need looking after, lol.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Congrats.....it takes two to make it work. I'm on my second marriage, so is my wife, we are at the 14 year mark. She's really smart....me not so much. She's a liberal....me not so much. We are what each other needs. And that's damn special. I hope you & yours have many more of these days.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Good for you...
I dont think many people today see that sort of thing as a goal. It's a sad thing. They really dont understand.

Pushing 24 years for me.

I always tell people the the 24 years has felt like 24 minutes..........underwater....

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Congrats. I celebrate 17 years wed next month. However, we've been together for 23 years since we met in college.

Time flies but have enjoyed it. Count myself lucky as I've seen way too many divorces and failed relationships among friends.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
Yep my wife and I tied the knot on August 14th 1998. So today is our 20th Anniversary . Been together 28 years .

I actually took her to the Prom. I cant believe its been this long lol.

We have a grandson. It just doesnt seem possible . Its been rough then good then rough again but we stuck it out.

Thick or thin. We are so co dependent at this point I dont think I could live without her. So now i just wait and pray for the sweet release of death.

Ha, jokes on you. I await the sweet release of death, having never done any of those chores. It appears, we all end up facing the same fate, despite how much suffering you have to endure, to get there.

marriage et al, is the suffering, by the by.

*IM SOOOO ALLLOOONNNEEEE*

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

ty

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Pretty amazing in this day and age, well done
Once you start taking it for granted that's when you slip up

Yeah we have outlasted both our parents marriages.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Not married as long as you but I'm with you on the co dependence thing.
I would be totally lost if I didn't have her.

Who else is going to tolerate a pain in the ass such as myself

Yeah I kid But damm I would be lost too.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
Congrats.....it takes two to make it work. I'm on my second marriage, so is my wife, we are at the 14 year mark. She's really smart....me not so much. She's a liberal....me not so much. We are what each other needs. And that's damn special. I hope you & yours have many more of these days.

I think we will be together until I die..

I pretty sure she is going to be the one to kill me ..

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

My wife say's if I die first, she'll be the one to strike the match at my cremation...……..which, knowing how frugal she is will be in the back yard with some Kingsford.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join