It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My ex-intelligence friend tells me he saw Tom Selleck star as Indiana Jones

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Firstly, I live about a 45 min drive from Wright Patterson Airbase in Dayton, Ohio.

I have a friend that I've known for about 5 years, he is former U.S. Army intelligence and now works in the a/v, multimedia field, along with a day job we both share ( this is the second job we've worked together ).

He disappeared from work unexpectedly and has been gone for about 10 days now and in a private message told me he hoped to be back to work next week.

Then tonight while private messaging he told me he would be home tomorrow and that he was doing some things he couldn't tell me about but, yesterday he was reviewing a cut of Raiders Of The Lost Ark that starred Tom Selleck as Indiana Jones, in it's entirety.

He said that Tom Selleck was actually paid to do the full voice over work and probably had to sign a confidentiality agreement or something,

though he wasn't required to sign anything, he was doing a/v work and then a session where they asked him if he saw any flaws and what

they were.

He said that it was done perfectly and there were no signs at all that it wasn't a 100% authentic film, only starring Tom Selleck instead of Harrison Ford.

Ok so, I'm at WTF?

Maybe it's the proof of concept for a terrifying political/propaganda tool ?

I don't even know, like I said I'm still at WTF?

I would like to see that film though, I'm wondering if he didn't have to sign a confidentiality agreement is it something that might actually come out?

Weird night.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Tom Selleck is Indiana Jones. Got ya

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Tom Selleck is Indiana Jones. You might be getting Mandela'd here.

Didn't Kirk Douglas play his dad?

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Well either he's telling the truth or he's been away for 10 days in a psych ward; If so, I don't think they'll let him come home tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Tom was up for the roll. No issue there.
How much voice over was there in Raiders? Honest question, it's been about 10 years since I've seen it, and I want to wait until my (now) 4 year old is old enough to watch it with me before I see it again. 3-4 years.

www.youtube.com...

As a professional in the performing arts, I can say: your A/V friend missed the big trick.

www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1215474/pg1
or
www.theverge.com...

If you do not want to read the thread.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Believe me the psych ward thing occurred to me.

He sounded calm and serious though.

I'm weirded out by it.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Tom Selleck is Indiana Jones? Ask him if it bombed in the box office?

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
Firstly, I live about a 45 min drive from Wright Patterson Airbase in Dayton, Ohio.

I have a friend that I've known for about 5 years, he is former U.S. Army intelligence and now works in the a/v, multimedia field, along with a day job we both share ( this is the second job we've worked together ).

He disappeared from work unexpectedly and has been gone for about 10 days now and in a private message told me he hoped to be back to work next week.

Then tonight while private messaging he told me he would be home tomorrow and that he was doing some things he couldn't tell me about but, yesterday he was reviewing a cut of Raiders Of The Lost Ark that starred Tom Selleck as Indiana Jones, in it's entirety.

He said that Tom Selleck was actually paid to do the full voice over work and probably had to sign a confidentiality agreement or something,

though he wasn't required to sign anything, he was doing a/v work and then a session where they asked him if he saw any flaws and what

they were.

He said that it was done perfectly and there were no signs at all that it wasn't a 100% authentic film, only starring Tom Selleck instead of Harrison Ford.

Ok so, I'm at WTF?

Maybe it's the proof of concept for a terrifying political/propaganda tool ?

I don't even know, like I said I'm still at WTF?

I would like to see that film though, I'm wondering if he didn't have to sign a confidentiality agreement is it something that might actually come out?

Weird night.

Interesting. Would love to hear more if you can get anything from him.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

That's exactly what it sounded like to me.

Maybe he was doing something involving that?

Actually now that I think about it, he didn't actually say he was at Wright-Patt that's just what came to mind.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   

It's a fascinating mystery. I know you will keep us informed.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Yeah. Could begin to explain it.

edit on 14-8-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Let's see if he shows up for work in the morning.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   

That's exactly what it sounded like to me.

Maybe he was doing something involving that?

Actually now that I think about it, he didn't actually say he was at Wright-Patt that's just what came to mind.

With my tin hat on, your friend reviewed a video that overlaid Harrison's face with Tom's; Tom provided the voice work, the "voice over."
As stated by your friend.

Welcome to the world of nothing is reality. . .

Are there stock options for Mandala?

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:54 AM
link   

He was very clear that it was the entire movie, Raiders of the Lost Ark, not a short video and it was played on

a large screen with theater quality sound.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Been to WP to see the museum a few times. Hands down one of the best museums I've ever seen.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I checked your link and was stunned!
So that is the new frontier of disinformation. My mind is reeling with the possibilities. Thanks lola reply to: randomtangentsrme

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: FreeFalling

He did say in passing that he thought Tom Selleck had to sign some sort of confidentiality agreement, though he himself did not.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 01:05 AM
link   

He was very clear that it was the entire movie, Raiders of the Lost Ark, not a short video and it was played on

a large screen with theater quality sound.

Face replacement has been a thing for a couple years. He said Tom was willing to do the voice over. Welcome to the new world. It only gets better with age. Look into it.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 01:27 AM
link   

MANDEBLAH!

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 01:29 AM
link   
tom selleck did an indiana jones homage on magnum PI, as a spoof to almost getting the role.

but i never heard they shot the entire thing. even in the 70s-80s, i bet the budget for indiana jones was 30 million bucks, which was a TON of money back then.

somewhere along the line, they would have mentioned the budget was double.

as a side note, prince filmed, shot, and edited TWO films. i think one was a concert video, which i saw on showtime. the other is a movie about performing, with actual acting in it. prince never released those films even tho they were done in the 80s.

if there was a 'tom selleck cut' of indiana jones, that would be box office gold. they would release it immediately, and it would make 200 million easy.

robert rodriguez shot a film will not be out for 100 years! some people already have tickets for it, because they had a contest for the tickets. basically whoever wins the ticket, hands it down to his relatives, and so on.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join