It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama was right when he warned of voice manipulation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
President Obama was right. When said we were in a time in which our enemies could manipulate audio recordings against us, he was spot on.

Unfortunately President Obama never made that statement, but it doesn't change the danger of voice manipulation technology. As you'll see in the video, President Obama's words are not his own.

www.theverge.com...

With the alleged "tapes" Omarosa claims to posses, I wouldn't be surprised if they were edited or otherwise manipulated. And that is assuming they exist at all.

Edgar Allan Poe's words "believe nothing of what you hear" ring true.
edit on 8/13/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Something is way off about this whole story!

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Mark Burnett, the producer of "The Apprentice" said that no tapes exist that has the president saying anything of the sort.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

The recording is modified by a gentleman named Jordan Peele using some kind of special software tool.

Disturbing when you can't trust your own two ears, not absolutely any how. As technology continues to progress we should expect this process to get easier and more effective

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

That is what my money is on too DB, definitely nothing damaging as she alleged. From what I can tell, she has only succeeded in implicating herself in a potential act of espionage

I just came across this recording and thought I wouldn't be surprised if someone tried pulling a fast one

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
From what iv heard Omarosa doesn’t have squat on tape anyway.

Also, when the whole “grab Em by the kitty cat “ thing happened I was thinking about this very Obama video... not saying it didn’t happen , but it was not on camera 🤔🤔

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Look up Adobe Voco. It is being called the new voice photoshop!

]]]]]
edit on 13-8-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Yeah they can do almost anything with computers today.

My question would be for the Trump supporters.
What if she does have Trump on tape saying a derogatory word?
How would you respond to it?

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   

it's a cover for when really connected people get caught.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

If anyone had a tape of Trump saying anything of the sort, it would already be out and CNN would be playing it 24/7/365.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
President Obama was right. When said we were in a time in which our enemies could manipulate audio recordings against us, he was spot on.

Unfortunately President Obama never made that statement, but it doesn't change the danger of voice manipulation technology. As you'll see in the video, President Obama's words are not his own.

www.theverge.com...

With the alleged "tapes" Omarosa claims to posses, I wouldn't be surprised if they were edited or otherwise manipulated. And that is assuming they exist at all.

Edgar Allan Poe's words "believe nothing of what you hear" ring true.

Perhaps it is just me but I don't think it sounds like Obama at all.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I'd call Trump a dick.

Then maybe go to lunch. The deli does a nice tri-tip. Hint, it's the sauce that makes it special.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

It was a decent impression. Not great. But if the average person saw this on their nightly news, while being partially distracted by cleaning, kids, or other distractions. . .

Remember, by definition, 49% of the population are below average intelligence.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Mark Burnett, the producer of "The Apprentice" said that no tapes exist that has the president saying anything of the sort.

This claim by Omorosa is almost certainly a bunch of okie-doke to hype Tom Arnold's bullcrap show about hunting for Trump tapes.
edit on 13-8-2018 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   

What if she does? Everyone has said stupid things in private at one time or another especially when there is an expectation of privacy.

At the end of the day, he is an American and has the right to speak freely. I don't think many voted for Trump to be canonized (though his service to this country merit serious consideration if you ask me).

Nothing will change over some tape of dubious pedigree, collected under likely illegal circumstances and released with malice and revenge in mind. And if that turned out to be the case, I think the President's service to this country vastly outweighs mere words.

But once again, her claims are very unlikely. No reason to hold the "tapes" back. This is very clearly a marketing ploy for her otherwise pedantic, uninteresting and blatantly untrue tale.

edit on 8/13/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   
So, is this the new excuse for Trumpettes now? When damning tapes of Trump come out they're going to declare them fake?

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I dunno, but seeing Obama saying, "Stay woke bitches". Is awesome.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I will say this. April Ryan, a journalist and commentator on CNN, who I love and adore, said she knows for a fact Omarosa changes voice recordings, because she did it to her. I believe her. I don't put anything past Omarosa.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
So, is this the new excuse for Trumpettes now? When damning tapes of Trump come out they're going to declare them fake?

Nah, we wait to see if they call in the clown, Gloria Allred. Then we know its bullcrap.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

No. But it sure does create reasonable doubt

There are no tapes. It is a marketing ploy. Keep in mind these statements come after rounds of standing applause for the President.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join