It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So when did trolling become cool???

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Well this turned and bit you in the ass, huh?

Unless his goal was to troll right wingers and whip em up into a frenzy I would argue he has been quite successful...

edit on 14-8-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

If by " whipping them into a frenzy " you mean getting his ass handed to him on the first page, then yeah, he's doing great.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   

a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

If by " whipping them into a frenzy " you mean getting his ass handed to him on the first page, then yeah, he's doing great.

I think you dropped these.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: JoshuaCox

in my day...

LOL, what do you mean " in your day"?

Today is your day dude!

while you are correct, read the OP, and see if you can come up with any reason for me to use that term. Any reason at all.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Some people claim to be trolling to hide their retardation.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Meh in Scotland a troll is someone who we call a "bawbag" and has " #e patter"

therefore is a worst #

we dont give people wae #e patter the time of day
and normally anything they say is met with " did ye aye"

not sure why trolls on the internet should be treated any differently , it is sad and amazing at how badly some people need attention though!

Most if not all trolls , just need a hug and someone to pay them 5 minutes of attention so their ego can be stroked and they go back to being normal people . Depending on how troll like they are that maybe 10 minutes
to a week !

hahah

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

Meh in Scotland a troll is someone who we call a "bawbag" and has " #e patter"

therefore is a worst #

we dont give people wae #e patter the time of day
and normally anything they say is met with " did ye aye"

not sure why trolls on the internet should be treated any differently , it is sad and amazing at how badly some people need attention though!

Most if not all trolls , just need a hug and someone to pay them 5 minutes of attention so their ego can be stroked and they go back to being normal people . Depending on how troll like they are that maybe 10 minutes
to a week !

hahah

The problem I run in to is that there are many people out there that believe some pretty ridiculous stuff that amounts to trolling when brought in to a logical, reasonable conversation.

You can't take them seriously, but they seriously believe it.
edit on 14-8-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Trolls have always been around. They've just gotten less subtle about it. Take you for example. You used to post fact based threads. Mind you they were bias sourced but they at least had something behind them. Now you are just acting like a dick. I see some poster say something and I just KNOW you're going to show up and be antagonistic. And there's yin to your yang. You post and there's some that are going to do the same. And you aren't hard to find with thread like this.

It's a real pisser for those that want to have DISCUSSIONS on topics but you trolls take up pages and pages going at each other... with the same damn over worn points again and again. A dance of the sad. Sorry man but I call them as I see them.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I remember the days when trolling just meant sarcasm , still think Monty Python Trumps them all.
edit on 14-8-2018 by PillarOfFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Trolls have always been around. They've just gotten less subtle about it. Take you for example. You used to post fact based threads. Mind you they were bias sourced but they at least had something behind them. Now you are just acting like a dick. I see some poster say something and I just KNOW you're going to show up and be antagonistic. And there's yin to your yang. You post and there's some that are going to do the same. And you aren't hard to find with thread like this.

It's a real pisser for those that want to have DISCUSSIONS on topics but you trolls take up pages and pages going at each other... with the same damn over worn points again and again. A dance of the sad. Sorry man but I call them as I see them.

Great post.
If we had a 5x star button we could use once a day, I'd be using it early today.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Online trolling became cool the minute comment sections were added to anything online. Anonymously making statements you wouldn't have the stones to make in public.

Trolling out in the open became cool the minute people noticed that Trump is THE troll. I mean, he's always been that, but as a celebrity, nobody cared. Now after he started his run for President and continued, even escalated an art reserved primarily for keyboard warriors and those with no life, everyone realized it was now cool to say the most vile things publicly. hey, why not, the President does it, why shouldn't I?

It's an embarrassment, but it's the current reality. Hopefully, civility will find it's way back soon.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Unfortunately there are lots of slow-witted, willfully ignorant sheep out there. They've always harboured bigoted, misogynistic, anti-intellectual views but kept them mostly to themselves. The embarassment in the Whitehouse has emboldened them. They now feel free to march with torches while chanting neo nazi slogans. They now feel free to refer to immigrants as an "infeststion" or "breeders" and to see blacks as "low iq dogs" and "traitors" for voicing their concerns.

History will view this as a very dark time. It will take decades to restore decency and civility to our society. The silver lining is that, due to the vulgarity and callousness of Trump, the pendulum is going to swing long and hard in the other direction. Meaning we might not see another Republican president for the next 50 years.

Trump won the electoral college by less that 80k votes. He won because Hilary Clinton was an uninspiring candidate who didn't bring prople out to the polls. The fact that everyone (including Trump) was sure she would win didn't help her either. After what he's done to minorities, and how disgusted the world is by his behavior, he has zero chance of being reelected. And he has a very good chance of winding up in a jail cell. He's a dirty man who has done dirty things his entire life. He isn't going to get away with it.
edit on 14-8-2018 by KevinKaboom because: Typo

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
What is a troll?

What does that mean exactly?

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
1998, brother.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Well this turned and bit you in the ass, huh?

I dunno man, if he was actually trolling y'all with this OP, then I see dozens and dozens of folks with egg on their face.....

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
In my day if someone wanted to troll.

They had to use smoke signals.

And wait for it to reach the jet stream to be carried all over the world.

Progress created the trollnet.

Luxury...

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

So how long do y’all think this trend continues??

Maybe until the deranged Leftists find a cure for their mental illness.

Who let Shaun Hannity in here? I thought this site said no mainstream shills? Now you're getting stars cause you said mentally ill leftist?

Wow, lots of ATS era drinking the right-wing look aid. Or drinking too much of Alex jones' miracle bone broth.
edit on 14-8-2018 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join