It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So when did trolling become cool???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
If you had asked people on ATS to list the top three trolls you would have been #1 on half of the lists. It is ironic that YOU of all people would start this thread and I am positive I am not the only one here that finds this comical. You have zero self-awareness.

Or he has a lot of self-awareness and is just staying in his niche.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Back in my day, we had to gather an expedition party of 30 to walk three days in the snow, with newspaper and cheese shammatches on our feet...

Just to knock on the neighbor's door and tell em he was a schmuck and to keep his goats on his side of the field...

Many of the expedition party was eaten or perished in the whole event, that we did monthly, no goats were harmed

Needless to say it was a small town

On the real note, trolling was never cool, it was just trendy, big difference
>

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

But doea he realise it ?

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
Ever since the troll and chief was elected I have noticed a trend of people bragging about being trolls and/or trolling..

Well in my day trolls were garbage cowards playing tough guy behind a keyboard...

So how long do y’all think this trend continues??

As long as there are immature little boys and the immature little girls who want to impress them.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Ever since the troll and chief was elected I have noticed a trend of people bragging about being trolls and/or trolling..

Well in my day trolls were garbage cowards playing tough guy behind a keyboard...

Ummm...back off...garbage coward...

#trolllivesmatter

YouSir

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
trolling became cool in the mid 80s.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Ever since the troll and chief was elected...

Let it go, let it go, let it go gently..exhale

Namaste

edit on 13-8-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

B) NO, they weren't named off DnD trolls particularly and who they were wasn't thought of as so bad at the beginning:

By the late 1990s, alt.folklore.urban had such heavy traffic and participation that trolling of this sort was frowned upon. Others expanded the term to include the practice of playing a seriously misinformed or deluded user, even in newsgroups where one was not a regular; these were often attempts at humor rather than provocation. The noun troll usually referred to an act of trolling – or to the resulting discussion – rather than to the author, though some posts punned on the dual meaning of troll.[30]
Source
BBS's, Usenet- Newgroups, etc., and even into some of the AOL chats days trolls were humorous attempts rather than having, such as countries having to bring the law after toll due to harassment, one case-harassing parents whose infant children had passed away.

4Chn brought in the whole so called "art of trolling", where the provocation stepped in even more and from there it seems they even manifested the tumor personalities formed such as those who 'catfish".

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

originally posted by: whyamIhere

In my day we didn’t have keyboards.

And, we still had trolls...

Back in my day we didn't have food, we ate dirt!

Ummm...Joe Dirt...as in...ya’ll hush up now...and eat joe dirt...

To the wild strains of the banjo...

Suuuuuuuuwee...

Not unlike...

My seester’s a viiirgin...she only has two cheeeldren

YouSir

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: samuelsson
a reply to: face23785

But doea he realise it ?

Ummm...why does...

painting oneself into a corner....suddenly come to mind...

The visuals man...the visuals...

A barefoot and bedraggled...famished wasteling...frantic and feverish...slathers white wash madly on the floor...until much too late he realizes...it was he...that backed himself into that corner...

The feels...the feels...

YouSir

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   
wow. you got trolled immediately on page one.

hope you learned your lesson.

trolls will always tell you you're the troll. their only rational defensive mechanism.
edit on 13-8-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Indeed.........)

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Ok is that a serious quote? Because that is next level right there lol, source please?

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

troll and chief? You mean this guy?

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Trolls only have power if we give it to them. Take the op as an example. He has done nothing but troll except maybe one reply. Why does he keep going? Because he is getting responses. (Yes I know I am responding) but hey have fun.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I am dead set against trolling of any sort. Anyone who trolls, shows a complete lack of debating skill. I mean...

hue hue hue

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   

a reply to: Lumenari

What’s your source???

Uhh, we lived it. Unlike you kids, we have been around since before the internet.

Do you even troll at 300baud, bro?

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 01:52 AM
link   

412 B.C.

Birth of Diogenes the Cynic.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Evidently the first symptom of becoming a troll nowadays is TDS syndrome .
I have been observing certain "folks" posting styles and have came to a 6 Sigma surety that an extreme case of TDS is what leads to one becoming a "troll".

Are you guys so immersed in US politics that you now believe not only that trolling, only happens in Political threads but that the perpetrators are only the ones you deem as having an imaginary syndrome?

That's some industrial level ignorance right there...

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Well this turned and bit you in the ass, huh?

edit on 14-8-2018 by DAVID64 because: I hate posting from a tablet

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join