It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So when did trolling become cool???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
It became a fad long ago for the bottom of the barrel of society, but became mainstream cool & for everybody when it became ok to throw "Let's Meet in the Middle to Work Together" out the window in favor of "My Lying Idiots Are Better Than Your Lying Idiots" competitions.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

A) so were you in the group playing DND or the group or the side pretending it was devilworship???

B) That’s funny internet trolls were specifically named after DND trolls .. because people thought they were the equivalent of a ugly coward typing away in his moms basement.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
Ever since the troll and chief was elected I have noticed a trend of people bragging about being trolls and/or trolling..

Well in my day trolls were garbage cowards playing tough guy behind a keyboard...

So how long do y’all think this trend continues??

Kinda an odd argument considering the one you are calling the troll and chief actually has the power to destroy entire countries, then go on to say trolls are just keyboard commandos....

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

Ever since the troll and chief was elected I have noticed a trend of people bragging about being trolls and/or trolling..

Well in my day trolls were garbage cowards playing tough guy behind a keyboard...

In my day we didn’t have keyboards.

And, we still had trolls...

Back in my day we didn't have food, we ate dirt! And we were grateful!

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Evidently the first symptom of becoming a troll nowadays is TDS syndrome .
I have been observing certain "folks" posting styles and have came to a 6 Sigma surety that an extreme case of TDS is what leads to one becoming a "troll".

There are those that are imitation trolls that are basically pretending for fun.
Then , there are those that are true trolls that actually take what they themselves say as a dogma . Those are the ones that I speak of.

Thanks for all your input that assisted me in first drawing up the theory , and being one to provide a valuable part of concluding my research.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
This troll is pretty cool.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Trying to emotionally manipulate people finally backfiring?

It's kind of the life cycle of the typical lazy pseudo-liberal.

Produce nothing, manipulate everyone.

If you spent more time producing and not running your mouth, you probably wouldn't have all the pent up angst toward the world and need to resort to talking out of the side of your face in some slack-jawed, passive aggressive post because no one buys the programming you vomit out like a 15 year old discovering the media for the first time.

Great thread, as usually

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diisenchanted
You tell me you are the one trolling at this moment.

So when did trolling become cool?

Savage burn.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

There have always been trolls, and they exist in every group and ideology.

Edit: 7 out of your last 10 threads are mud pit. You've had some that didn't stay around too.............

What's up pot?
edit on 13-8-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
“a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, not the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.”

That was said about John Adams. That’s some trolling

Truth. Everyone likes to think they're living in special times. It's all been done before.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Kinda an odd argument considering the one you are calling the troll and chief actually has the power to destroy entire countries, then go on to say trolls are just keyboard commandos....

Rational, coherent thought was never his goal here. He was trolling.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

in my day, Trolls were creatures the D&D kids talked about. The internet wasn't there, we did stuff outside, and met folks from the next town. And we didn't give a rats ass what some pasty face vegan from LA thinks about us. But we are progressing, so there is that.

Actually, the internet meaning of the word "trolling" came from a method of fishing.

You put some shiny verbal bait on a hook, threw it out into the interwebs and waited to see if someone took the bait.

They didn't put the troll creature in till later.

(dating myself chatwise...
)
edit on 13-8-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

in my day...

LOL, what do you mean " in your day"?

Today is your day dude!

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

BWAHAHAHA

THAT IS HILARIOUS when the trumpets are the main people bragging about trolling all under anonymous names , behind the safety of their keyboards....

There has not been a glorification of trolls on the left..

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Well in my day us trolls were garbage cowards playing tough guy behind a keyboard...

Fixed it for you.

What you just witnessed above is something that can be used to troll people or trigger them, if you wish.

As long as there is someone that can be triggered, there will be trolls.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

What’s your source???

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

BWAHAHAHA

ONLY IN RIGHTWIBG WORLD LOL!!

Like everything else in Fox News world it is an alternate reality that is the laughing stock of everyone not a hard right conservative.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

a reply to: Zanti Misfit

trumpets

That makes you sound just as juvenile as when conservatives call Obama "Obummer" or something like that. If you don't wanna look like a troll, try to post like an adult.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

That’s because the mud pit has lax Tand C..

I basically put them all political threads in the mud pit and some get upgraded.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

a reply to: face23785

BWAHAHAHA

ONLY IN RIGHTWIBG WORLD LOL!!

Like everything else in Fox News world it is an alternate reality that is the laughing stock of everyone not a hard right conservative.

You really think I read that post on Fox News? You really need to charge them rent dude. You think about their network 24/7.
edit on 13 8 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join