It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA spotted a vast, glowing 'hydrogen wall' at the edge of our solar system

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

There's a "hydrogen wall" at the edge of our solar system, and NASA scientists think their New Horizons spacecraft can see it.

That hydrogen wall is the outer boundary of our home system, the place where our sun's bubble of solar wind ends and where a mass of interstellar matter too small to bust through that wind builds up, pressing inward. Our host star's powerful jets of matter and energy flow outward for a long stretch after leaving the sun — far beyond the orbit of Pluto. But at a certain point, they peter out, and their ability to push back the bits of dust and other matter — the thin, mysterious stuff floating within our galaxy's walls — wanes. A visible boundary forms. On one side are the last vestiges of solar wind. And on the other side, in the direction of the Sun's movement through the galaxy, there's a buildup of interstellar matter, including hydrogen.

If true this answers why Red Light drops off so dramatically as red light will bend off as it passes through Hydrogen. We see this on our earth as red light cannot pass into the ocean water which made up of mainly 2 hydrogen molecules per atom.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
That would explain why there is no red-light district in the Mariana Trench.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
We see this on our earth as red light cannot pass into the ocean water which made up of mainly

never thought of it that way! As a scuba diver I can attest to that (red filter).

originally posted by: [post=23672187]water which made up of mainly 2 hydrogen molecules per atom

...2 hydrogen atoms per molecule....

fixed that for you..

originally posted by: skunkape23
That would explain why there is no red-light district in the Mariana Trench.

Are you sure about that?

edit on 13-8-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

They reached the end of the internet.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Would that make things outside the solar system appear closer or further away? or maybe no affect at all?

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
That's space wall the aliens informed us they we building to contain us.

Its because all the space faring alien civilizations are racist sexist homophobe xenophobe islamophobe bigots!

Damn space Nazi's the lot of them.

Punch a space nazi!

edit on 13-8-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: coldlikecustard
Would that make things outside the solar system appear closer or further away? or maybe no affect at all?

Cool. I've had similar ponderings.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

www.foxnews.com...

There's a "hydrogen wall" at the edge of our solar system, and NASA scientists think their New Horizons spacecraft can see it.

That hydrogen wall is the outer boundary of our home system, the place where our sun's bubble of solar wind ends and where a mass of interstellar matter too small to bust through that wind builds up, pressing inward. Our host star's powerful jets of matter and energy flow outward for a long stretch after leaving the sun — far beyond the orbit of Pluto. But at a certain point, they peter out, and their ability to push back the bits of dust and other matter — the thin, mysterious stuff floating within our galaxy's walls — wanes. A visible boundary forms. On one side are the last vestiges of solar wind. And on the other side, in the direction of the Sun's movement through the galaxy, there's a buildup of interstellar matter, including hydrogen.

If true this answers why Red Light drops off so dramatically as red light will bend off as it passes through Hydrogen. We see this on our earth as red light cannot pass into the ocean water which made up of mainly 2 hydrogen molecules per atom.

Some of us already knew it was there...

Gen 1:6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
Gen 1:7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
Gen 1:8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

When God created the earth, he made a sea below heaven and another sea above heaven...

Rev 4:6 And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind

Rev 15:2 And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

If true this answers why Red Light drops off so dramatically as red light will bend off as it passes through Hydrogen.

Not really. Hydrogen has very narrow absorption bands, one of them is at 656nm. "Red" light extends from 630nm to 750nm, so most red light passes through hydrogen with little trouble at all. Ever notice how Betelgeuse looks red?
i.pinimg.com...

Liquid water, on the other hand, is a broadband absorb er of red light.
www.photonics.com...

edit on 8/13/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iscool

www.foxnews.com...

Some of us already knew it was there...

Gen 1:6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
Gen 1:7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
Gen 1:8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

When God created the earth, he made a sea below heaven and another sea above heaven...

Rev 4:6 And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind

Rev 15:2 And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.

How does any of that gibberish say anything even remotely close to hydrogen being at the edge of the solar system???

One of the craziest things I've read all year.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Phage Just having fun with it.

Correct water which is H2 to O, so it goes to figures that blue light has a tendency to pass through at a greater rate than Red light. I don't think science has ever conducted a study on a massive Wall of Hydrogen. But it would answer to why the Bible says that the heaven will melt with fervent heat. I pray they don't have any combustible fuel on board so they don't accidentally ignite the Hydrogen it would be Armageddon for sure.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Oh my bad but I am sure you are smart enough to figure out it was just an dyslexic brain fart.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: coldlikecustard

Exactly! That was one of my questions. I tried to get the PDF of the study but you have to join their group to get it. If anyone has it please post it here for a good read.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

Not sure but I never made mention of the bible verse in the OP.

I was more on the line of the heavens melting with a fervent heat.

HYDROGEN EXPLOSION.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 02:06 AM
link   
It's a very surprising news that I came to know through this article. Thanks for providing such facts about the hydrogen wall. Know more about nanopowders andATO nanopowder dispersion to enhance your knowledge.
ATO nanopowder dispersion
edit on 13-9-2018 by skyspring because: missing text

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: skyspring

From what I know of the Hydrogen allows ultra violet the blue spectrum of light to pass through fairly well while infrared spectrum of light is slowed down and blocked. This may in fact give us a newer understanding of the red shift model we have been taught about. Calculating the red shift we may have mistaken its readings as we did not know there was a hydrogen wall around the Solar System.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   
You're guys overblowing it. The "wall" is simply where interstellar medium composed mostly of ionised hydrogen begins. It fills our whole galaxy. In reality, it's a near-perfect vacuum, with only a few atoms per cubic centimeter. It doesn't affect how we see the rest of space in any appreciable way.
edit on 17-9-2018 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Given the distance from Earth, even if the alleged cloud could ignite i don't see it causing anything back on Earth never mind Armageddon.

The Hydrogen probably exists in near vacuum at very few parts per million per square meter so igniting the stuff would be pretty much impossible.
edit on 17-9-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

For How many years did not one scientist know that Hydrogen cloud existed out there? Even with all our earth bound equipment that had been scanning the solar system and identifying chemicals. How much more may it be missing Oxygen or another explosive gas that may help in the ignition.

Try applying E=MC2 to this new found HYDROGEN WALL. Scientist found right off the bat the only thing ever produced from this equation was the A-Bomb, the H-Bomb and the Nuclear Bomb. E=MC2 killed more people than it ever helped.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

BUT Einstein already said that the ether was not real in space and so it needed not use it when figuring out E=MC2.

He never calculated that light might be slowed in speed if it hit a hydrogen wall. Heck he never proved the light of speed was consistent or that it was the fastest speed.

edit on 20-9-2018 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join