It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Undetectable" plastic 3D printed guns aren't actually undetectable

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
a reply to: face23785

Tell me what makes you unable to search for yourself? Are you lazy or just unable due to bandwith problems?

In countries where guns are illegal these things are being massed produced.

Your pathetic attempt to downplay the creation and use of these guns is silly.

You asked for one example and i gave you that and now you claim some bs.

Grow up!

www.google.com...

Just so everyone can see what he just tried to pass off like it's a smoking gun, here is the first page of the google search he linked:

Yeah, that's a ton of stories. There's only one story there about crime, and here's all they got:

Stunned officers believe a gang were using the machine to make deadly firearms.

They recovered a freshly-made plastic magazine and trigger during a raid in Bagley, Manchester, which could be used to create a handgun.

I'm downplaying it because this is a joke. This is 5 years ago. Listen how they play this up:

The discovery is believed to be the first of its kind in Britain and confirms the worst fears of security chiefs.

They warned just a few weeks ago that criminals were attempting to use 3D printing technology to manufacture guns.

Police fear terrorists and criminals could use the machines and plans that are readily available to download online to circumvent gun controls.

Sounds like they thought it was gonna become a big problem. So where's the rest of the stories?

If this was as common as you think it is, there should be more than one story on the first page of those results. Face it. You got played by the media into thinking these things were a major problem. They're not.
edit on 14 8 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

that is not what it said on my screen but either way the search involves more than one page...

Since i know you can use google now you should do that if you are interested in what you are asking me for.

here is a copy of what comes up for me

Page 2 of about 2,470,000 results (0.39 seconds) Search Results Web results 1351. Assault/Use Of Dangerous Weapon During Bank Robbery ... www.justice.gov... In situations in which the weapon used in a bank robbery is not recovered, ... United States, 36 F.3d 266 (2d Cir. ... United States, 20 F.3d 270 (7th Cir. UNITED STATES v. VICHITVONGSA | FindLaw caselaw.findlaw.com... Burnette, 170 F.3d 567, 572 (6th Cir.1999); United States v. .... the defendant used a gun to kidnap hostages one day and to effectuate a bank robbery the next, and ... In contrast, Vichitvongsa chose to use a firearm once during each robbery to ... [PDF]Guns Used in Crime - Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) www.bjs.gov... by MW Zawitz - ‎Cited by 59 - ‎Related articles By Marianne W. Zawitz. BJS Statistician. How often are guns used in violent crimes? According to the National Crime. Victimization Survey (NCVS), almost. Missing: 3d ‎| ‎Must include: ‎3d 3D-printed guns could soon pose challenge to regulators | PBS ...

edit on 14-8-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

You got played by the media into thinking these things were a major problem.

You lie over and over and keep changing the goal post. I am bored so i go along with it.

You asked for one example and i gave it.

Now you want to claim that a gun is not gonna be used by a criminal and that these types of guns are harmless.

That will personally come back to haunt you.

These guns are being produced in factories according to reports included in the search parameters i gave you. Sold on the black market.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

You got played by the media into thinking these things were a major problem.

You lie over and over and keep changing the goal post. I am bored so i go along with it.

You asked for one example and i gave it.

Now you want to claim that a gun is not gonna be used by a criminal and that these types of guns are harmless.

That will personally come back to haunt you.

These guns are being produced in factories according to reports included in the search parameters i gave you. Sold on the black market.

What lies have I told? I've never claimed it's impossible that one of these will be used in a crime. It's just not going to become the big issue the media and you think it will be. This capability has been around for years and you have to scrounge just to find one example of a criminal being caught with one, much less actually using one to kill someone. There are much bigger issues to worry about. I never said they were harmless. Ironic that you accuse me of lying, and then you come back making more things up.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

What lies have I told

check your post. they are dripping with lies.

You have several times begged me to give you examples and i did then you down played them.

I then gave you a search link and you auto accuse me of some other crap and you never once questioned if operating systems and connection speed can effect google searches. Nope you kneejerked so hard you took a screen shot...

You keep asking for stuff and denying the truth but when it is pointed out to you you then change the content of what you are asking.

Facts are facts

These guns are undetectable by most metal detectors and metal firing pin does not negate that.
These guns are used in crimes in many countries around the world.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

that is not what it said on my screen but either way the search involves more than one page...

Since i know you can use google now you should do that if you are interested in what you are asking me for.

here is a copy of what comes up for me

Page 2 of about 2,470,000 results (0.39 seconds) Search Results Web results 1351. Assault/Use Of Dangerous Weapon During Bank Robbery ... www.justice.gov... In situations in which the weapon used in a bank robbery is not recovered, ... United States, 36 F.3d 266 (2d Cir. ... United States, 20 F.3d 270 (7th Cir. UNITED STATES v. VICHITVONGSA | FindLaw caselaw.findlaw.com... Burnette, 170 F.3d 567, 572 (6th Cir.1999); United States v. .... the defendant used a gun to kidnap hostages one day and to effectuate a bank robbery the next, and ... In contrast, Vichitvongsa chose to use a firearm once during each robbery to ... [PDF]Guns Used in Crime - Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) www.bjs.gov... by MW Zawitz - ‎Cited by 59 - ‎Related articles By Marianne W. Zawitz. BJS Statistician. How often are guns used in violent crimes? According to the National Crime. Victimization Survey (NCVS), almost. Missing: 3d ‎| ‎Must include: ‎3d 3D-printed guns could soon pose challenge to regulators | PBS ...

Funny you telling me I can't use Google but you can't take the time to take a screenshot and instead post a mess of a paragraph to hide the fact that none of those examples are dealing with what we're talking about here. Note the bold:

Page 2 of about 2,470,000 results (0.39 seconds) Search Results Web results 1351. Assault/Use Of Dangerous Weapon During Bank Robbery ... www.justice.gov... In situations in which the weapon used in a bank robbery is not recovered, ... United States, 36 F.3d 266 (2d Cir. ... United States, 20 F.3d 270 (7th Cir. UNITED STATES v. VICHITVONGSA | FindLaw caselaw.findlaw.com... Burnette, 170 F.3d 567, 572 (6th Cir.1999); United States v. .... the defendant used a gun to kidnap hostages one day and to effectuate a bank robbery the next, and ... In contrast, Vichitvongsa chose to use a firearm once during each robbery to ... [PDF]Guns Used in Crime - Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) www.bjs.gov... by MW Zawitz - ‎Cited by 59 - ‎Related articles By Marianne W. Zawitz. BJS Statistician. How often are guns used in violent crimes? According to the National Crime. Victimization Survey (NCVS), almost. [bMissing: 3d ‎| ‎Must include: ‎3d 3D-printed guns could soon pose challenge to regulators | PBS ...

If you open either of the links that work, neither of those cases has anything to do with 3D printed guns. Just including "3d" and "guns" in your search parameters isn't going to get you the results you're looking for.

People in glass houses...

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

So tell me how many examples you would accept to fit your new parameters?

I gave you one as you asked and you balked as though it was not real.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Weird not seeing many crimes across the world being committed w 3d guns

Just did a search myself

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

What lies have I told

check your post. they are dripping with lies.

Yet this is the best example you can provide?

You have several times begged me to give you examples and i did then you down played them.

That's not a lie.

I then gave you a search link and you auto accuse me of some other crap and you never once questioned if operating systems and connection speed can effect google searches. Nope you kneejerked so hard you took a screen shot...

Note post above, your Google results don't show what you think they show.

You keep asking for stuff and denying the truth but when it is pointed out to you you then change the content of what you are asking.

I haven't denied any truth. Can you stop making stuff up? It's pointless to talk to you if you're just going to make things up.

Facts are facts

These guns are undetectable by most metal detectors and metal firing pin does not negate that.
These guns are used in crimes in many countries around the world.

The OP disagrees with you and you've yet to demonstrate otherwise. You found two examples, of a technology that's been around for years. And I never claimed that there have been zero uses in the entire world. What I've been saying all along is that these things aren't the scary problem the media wants them to be. You got tricked. They're not undetectable and criminals aren't flocking after them. They want real guns, with very few exceptions. So few you had to try to lump Glocks in in another thread and in this one you're sending links that are about crimes committed with commercially manufactured metal guns. You've debunked yourself.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I did no such thing. I acknowledged in plain English it was real. Several times. One last chance to stop making things up and address what I'm actually saying.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

Just did a search myself

Why would that be weird?

What is weird is that the op asked for one example and now ask for more.

I never claimed it was a problem.

I simply claimed in another thread that plastic guns are real and have been used in crimes.

The op refuses to accept that.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

I did no such thing. I acknowledged in plain English it was real. Several times. One last chance to stop making things up and address what I'm actually saying.

wtf are you saying

Just look above you and you will see that you asked for more and more.

Last chance?

Tell me if you accepted it as what you were asking for then why did you ask for me.

Just state clearly what your malfunction is and what you want from me here.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

They're not undetectable

You are incorrect.

Over and over.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

These guns are used in crimes in many countries around the world

In many countries? I've seen at most two examples and one is stretching it.

So where are they being used "all over the world"?

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Look harder.

I am not here for yalls amusement.

How about you post your two examples?

All that is beside the point of the op claiming that they are not detectable. that is a crap statement.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Look harder.

All that is beside the point of the op claiming that they are not detectable. that is a crap statement.

Lol your own google search refuted your statement.

Are you trolling or can you really not admit when your wrong

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Just did a search myself

Why would that be weird?

What is weird is that the op asked for one example and now ask for more.

I never claimed it was a problem.

I simply claimed in another thread that plastic guns are real and have been used in crimes.

The op refuses to accept that.

This is yet another lie. Since you can't stop lying about what I'm saying, I'm just gonna move on. These things still aren't a problem though. You can believe all the gun control propaganda you want.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Look harder.

Lol your own google search refuted your statement.

Are you trolling or can you really not admit when your wrong

He's hopeless. In another thread he spent 3 pages dodging a simple question. When I asked for example of plastic guns being used in crimes he said Glocks, trying to play semantics because Glocks have some polymer in them, when he knows this entire discussion is about these completely plastic 3D printed guns. It's dishonest. He finally found ONE example, and the guns in that case weren't even used in crimes. They were merely caught in possession of them. The other case he linked, all they found was a trigger and a magazine, no guns and no crimes were committed with 3D printed guns in that link either. I'm sure there's been a case somewhere, but the fact it's this hard for him to find one completely refutes the media narrative that these things are gonna be some kind of game changer for criminals and terrorists.

He backed himself into a corner weeks ago and can't find a way out, but yes he's too arrogant to admit he was wrong and that he got duped by the media and the gun control lobby.

Good luck. I'm done with him.
edit on 14 8 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Interesting how these would blow off slugs without metal hammer shell and all without blowing up in the hands of people. I think if people went through with everyday looking things like cologne bottle or perfume under pressure and barrel and piston under pressure too with hair spray too this may be very difficult to spot.

I mean take plastic nails in the guise of cigarettes for bullets and puncture them under pressure releasing deadly poison inside them with spyware anything is possible.

In parts what is anyone going to notice at TSA in common household safe looking disguised things to lock together and seal off on another end for ultimate firearm integrity?

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join