It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Undetectable" plastic 3D printed guns aren't actually undetectable

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
a reply to: howtonhawky

Made entirely of plastic?

metal printers

just feed in a chunk of metal and get a gun..basically

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
Generally, you are right. But it´s even after waranty, in case you can just lease.

If it´s a simple repair and bolt and service will be a week away you should be allowed to change that bolt without voiding the waranty for the whole machine.

What you´re going to do if you have to get in the corn? Chill out until service has time for you? Or pull that bolt, replace and harvest before weather, season or whatever ruins it.

That does not sound like a tractor company.

It sounds like a mafia.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

That´s a pretty good description. If I get it right, some licensed sellers started this(leasing), not the manufacturer directly, it could be more local but I´ve heard this several times now.

Yes, you can always buy elsewhere but when it reaches a point it get´s so expensive, you bulge in or you are "out of biz".

If it´s important to you, I try to get some sources.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

no it is not important to me. like i said i hate to be that guy...

I noticed the local commercials here in tx a few months ago where they were indeed touting the benefits of a lease program and the big kicker i noticed was that with this lease program you get a set amount of hours you can operate your tractor every month.

Sure it would be good if you owned the dealership or if you just had some grass to mow during the summer on your million dollar ten acre property.

It does open the market up for refurbished tractors..who needs that fancy computerized crap anyhow...unless we are talking about printing guns.

It also opens the market up for a company that can shoot straight and that is just a matter of time.surely

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
Will I be able to 3-D print a ghost gun with a hundred round clipazine and chainsaw attachment?

Yes. And it'll have a bottle opener on it too.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

originally posted by: face23785

Made entirely of plastic?

metal printers

just feed in a chunk of metal and get a gun..basically

So not plastic, got it.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Dude you are referencing a CNC not a 3d printed. The only thing it does is mill the lower receiver, which is made of aluminum, but can also be made in a polymer with a 3d printer. However that is not the example you have used.

The action is still made of steel. No matter what, no gun will be 100% plastic. It would never survive the detonation of firing pin striking the primer and igniting the powder for more than a handful of rounds, if not the first.

Your example is not plastic, and you are still refusing to answer if the media has reported a single violent crime utilizing a 3d printed firearm as the OP queried here and previously. Yes or no, its a simple question. No, a CNC machine is not the same as a 3d printed, you will not be able to say "I told you so" by continuing to use the machined aluminum billet AR lower as your example.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Dude you are referencing a CNC not a 3d printed. The only thing it does is mill the lower receiver, which is made of aluminum, but can also be made in a polymer with a 3d printer. However that is not the example you have used.

The action is still made of steel. No matter what, no gun will be 100% plastic. It would never survive the detonation of firing pin striking the primer and igniting the powder for more than a handful of rounds, if not the first.

Your example is not plastic, and you are still refusing to answer if the media has reported a single violent crime utilizing a 3d printed firearm as the OP queried here and previously. Yes or no, its a simple question. No, a CNC machine is not the same as a 3d printed, you will not be able to say "I told you so" by continuing to use the machined aluminum billet AR lower as your example.

Easy on the facts there man. There's a narrative to drive here.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

Yea i did not ever claim it was plastic and i said it was metal. There are indeed printers out there that can make a complete ar or 1911 in a matter of hrs.

I am not refusing to answer anything and the answer you are looking for is provided in the op itself.Moreover again glocs are plastic and are being used much.

You are severely wrong in your assessment that a nylon gun could not work cause they very much do work but as the op pointed out in another thread it would not be something to take to the range cause it would ware out faster than a metal part.

It is a new day for guns.

Being able to print out a fully functional gun from a chunk of metal is cool and here now. just watch the video i posted.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

no gun will be 100% plastic

lolololers

perhaps someday you will learn to trust me

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
No kidding this the same crap as back when people thought the glock could get through a metal detector without setting it off. Your always going to have to have metal pins, sears, hammers etc to have a viable firearm and then your ammo sets off the detector anyway.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Glocks have a polymer frame, with a steel barrel, firing pin, slide, and magazine. The CNC machines are not printing guns, the more accurate comparison is that they are carving the guns the way one would carve a toy from a block of wood.

What you are referencing is the typical industrial method of manufacturing a firearm, but for the private consumer. I still stay stamped steel is the toughest and most reliable stuff out there.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

How? Please explain?

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

To remake a 40's grease gun would be simple and very cheap

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: StephenLongMember

How? Please explain?

I was being sarcastic. Everything Trump does it's the end of the world and people will die. There shouldn't be any of us left by this point.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR
No kidding this the same crap as back when people thought the glock could get through a metal detector without setting it off. Your always going to have to have metal pins, sears, hammers etc to have a viable firearm and then your ammo sets off the detector anyway.

[dumbass gun-grabber]But, but what if they make plastic ammo?[/dumbass gun-grabber]

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

The CNC machines are not printing guns, the more accurate comparison is that they are carving the guns the way one would carve a toy from a block of wood.

I said that in the first post you responded too.

They call it a printer but it is like a metal router.

I do not get what the point of the run around is that soo many do when i post facts.

100% nylon guns are out there

Nylon guns are being used in crimes

nylon is a type of plastic..its a polymer

polymer firing pins and springs exist but not for long term use

nylon or plastic guns are not detectable by most standard metal detectors

printed guns whether plastic or metal guns are a threat to gun manufacturers and law enforcement

There is no known way to stop nylon or plastic guns without infringing on several constitutional amendment rights

people can try and spin these facts in what ever direction they want but facts are facts

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
This gun isn't plastic, however with 5-15$k you could make all you want for less than$100 per unit. Maybe $150 on the outside, and with a helper you could pump them out fast
goo.gl...

You make the entire thing out of readily available metal with a minimum of machining, basically bar stock, and a pipe.
Although not the greatest weapon for lifespan or accuracy. . But a hell of a lot better than any current inner city thug
edit on 13-8-2018 by StephenLongMember because: Clarification

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

The CNC machines are not printing guns, the more accurate comparison is that they are carving the guns the way one would carve a toy from a block of wood.

I said that in the first post you responded too.

They call it a printer but it is like a metal router.

I do not get what the point of the run around is that soo many do when i post facts.

100% nylon guns are out there

Nylon guns are being used in crimes

nylon is a type of plastic..its a polymer

polymer firing pins and springs exist but not for long term use

nylon or plastic guns are not detectable by most standard metal detectors

printed guns whether plastic or metal guns are a threat to gun manufacturers and law enforcement

There is no known way to stop nylon or plastic guns without infringing on several constitutional amendment rights

people can try and spin these facts in what ever direction they want but facts are facts

You're too busy to link to a crime committed with a 100% nylon gun though, right?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join