It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump-appointed judge upholds special counsel Mueller's authority

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chickensalad
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist
How do you think this judges decision will affect that authority?

Does this ruling make a difference in his scope of authority or does it just amount to a legal opinion?

It did settle one of the legal questions surrounding Mueller and how he stands in the chain of command. Because his appointment was by internal DOJ policies they can be rewritten anytime the AG chooses and the carpet can be yanked out from under the SC. The other issue is she cited the previous supreme court rulings on the special counsel going back to Nixon. The issue there is the special counsel was appointed under a federal law Congress passed. That law lapsed and was not used for Mueller. The internal DOJ policy was used so there is room to challenge the ruling based on that information.

The judge faulted Sessions and Rosenstein (more Rosenstein) for what is occurring which tells me there are issues with whats going on but the judge wont make the leap until someone makes a challenge using the breadcrumbs she left in her ruling (to borrow a phrase from another user).

The ruling doesnt vindicate Muellers appointment in the least.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra
That's kind of how I felt about the ruling and written decision. It just felt like she was setting a legal precedence, purposefully.

I'm just curious as to whether the ruling in general actually makes a legal difference as to his (Mueller) authority. His scope of investigation has seemingly always been in question.

It really seems that Sessions recusal and Muellers path to appointment has put The investigation into some weird legal grey areas.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

His presidency is a complete failure to me regardless of any outcome.

Maybe that's the issue here? Pretty telling when you admit absolutely nothing will change your mind, you've already dug your trench.

Trump could cure cancer and you'd find a way to complain about it. This coming from one of Trump's biggest critics. I don't like him at all but am willing to give him credit when it is due.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: [post=23673127]Vasa Croe[/p

Correct....so who had the strawman again? Comparing no investigation to an investigation? You implied the connection, so please explain.

I don't know what to say to you anymore. I know you think you're making some good points, but you're really not.

I think you two are secretly in love and we should start a new thread in the relationships forum about it.

This thread title bothers me. Is the judge being a Trump appointee "the main idea" or just the idea I am led to believe is important while ignoring much more important facts. It has been a long time but I swear in primary school I was taught that the title is supposed to highlight the main idea of a story.

This judge refused to shut down Mueller and by no means upholds Muellers authority, as they are quick to point out this is the responsibility of the DoJ, providing the investigation is constitutionally legal. Seems like a legit opinion.

The money spent on this charade is negligible in the grand scheme. While it is widely accepted that the cost is roughly 10 mil per year for direct and indirect expenses, it is typical of the amount spent on a special prosecutor historically. I dont know what hole anyone thinks we will plug with 10 mil; that kind of money probably wouldn't even cover the drugs and treatment at an oncologist for two cancer patients with non hodgkin's lymphoma.

Frankly speaking, this investigation is pure comedy. I enjoy seeing Judge Ellis school Muellers team of 17 highly specialized "experts". Everyone should realize by now Trump will not be charged much less convicted of anything as a sitting president. He will neither be impeached nor removed from office.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Sillyolme

His presidency is a complete failure to me regardless of any outcome.

Maybe that's the issue here? Pretty telling when you admit absolutely nothing will change your mind, you've already dug your trench.

Trump could cure cancer and you'd find a way to complain about it. This coming from one of Trump's biggest critics. I don't like him at all but am willing to give him credit when it is due.

Best line ever was when DBCowboy said "I wish Trump would come out as pro-oxygen so liberals would stop breathing". That whole thread got trashed by a mod for some reason though so I dont think a lot of people ever saw it.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

I think you two are secretly in love and we should start a new thread in the relationships forum about it.

Mature.

This thread title bothers me.

A lot of thread titles bother me... but then I remind myself that people have some crazy ideas out there. I once saw a thread about how Obama paid $2 million in legal fees to hide the fact he had a fake birth certificate - when the source was anything but. But ya know what? I moved along.

Is the judge being a Trump appointee "the main idea" or just the idea I am led to believe is important while ignoring much more important facts. It has been a long time but I swear in primary school I was taught that the title is supposed to highlight the main idea of a story.

The title reflects the article.

This judge refused to shut down Mueller and by no means upholds Muellers authority, as they are quick to point out this is the responsibility of the DoJ, providing the investigation is constitutionally legal. Seems like a legit opinion.

The judge did advise it's the responsibility of the Trump Administration to take the action they appear to seek.... so it's any wonder why Trump and his cronies have been too scared to do anything to Mueller. Year two now, and we're still hearing Trump talk. It was easy enough for him to fire Comey so what's changed this time around? He seems to be blaming others in his administration for doing something he's (apparently) to scared to do himself. Hmm.

The money spent on this charade is negligible in the grand scheme.

Oh there are plenty of real examples of tax payer money spent on charades...

We have this religious task force this administration has started.... to protect the some 90% of the American population and almost the entire government from persecution.

We've had what, some 7 Benghazi investigations, all have gone to nowheresville ($7 million down the tank btw)

Hillary Email investigations, nowheresville. (I think one was enough).

Trump's little Voter Fraud Commission to prove his fantastical claim that 3-5 million illegals voted..... Gee I wonder what they came up with in terms of proven cases of Fraud? Psst.... it's in the link.

What about Pence's little $200K tax payer adventure to go to Indiana to watch a football match only to get up and leave before the game even started ya know....? because he certainly did not expect those kneeling players! *gasp*

Trump's little spaceforce? A work in progress. Expect tax payer money to sink into that hole. How about his little military parade? Glad we avoided that one! Imagine all that tax payer money. Oh the billions he's spending in addition on our already bloated military.

Tax payer money waste you say? You have no idea.

Maybe you don't support any of the above but that's besides the point. This Russia investigation has more merit than all those little GOP tax payer pet projects combined. The entire intelligence community along with bipartisan majority in DC (including many his Trump's very own Administration) are of the firm belief there was indeed an attack on the 2016 elections - whether involving Trump or not. That's the reality here bud. We can continue pretending otherwise but it does nothing to change that fact.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join