It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sightings hit record pace

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
UFO sightings hit record pace

CP 2005-02-21 02:52:59

WINNIPEG -- There were no little green men to be seen but there were plenty of strange occurrences in the night sky last year. A national survey by Ufology Research of Manitoba shows a record 882 UFO sightings were recorded in Canada in 2004 -- an average of more than two a day and up 31 per cent from the previous year.

Included in the reports of unidentified flying objects were disc-shaped crafts, spectacular fireballs and a large black triangular object moving through the sky.

Chris Rutkowski, research co-ordinator for the UFO tracking group, said the results show that people still have a fascination with what's going on above.

"People are curious about the universe," Rutkowski said yesterday. "People continue to report observing unusual objects in the sky and some of these objects do not have simple or obvious explanations."

Rutkowski said he's not exactly sure what caused the increase, although sightings have been growing steadily.

For a while that could be attributed to popular TV shows such as the X-Files or significant events such as the millennium, he said, but now it might simply be due to more UFO reporting sites on the Internet.

Ontario led with 254 sightings, British Columbia was second with 247 and Manitoba was third with 112.

Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and Quebec all had a record number of sightings.

Figures show that more than 5,000 UFO sightings have been officially reported in Canada since 1989. Witnesses include pilots, police and individuals with good observation capabilities, Rutkowski said.

In most cases, a sighting can be explained, he added. More often than not it's a satellite, a piece of flaming asteroid or some kind of military training exercise.

But in 2004, about 15 per cent of all UFO reports remained a mystery. Even when only the most high-quality cases are considered, seven per cent still weren't explained.

Copyright © The London Free Press

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
hey ferretman,
i think that there has probably always been many ufo sightings world wide but its just that with the internet these days and people perhaps starting to search more for answers to things are goverments tend to explain away as natural,military, phenomeneon...(spelling?) they appear to come to light more?
Apparentley much of the known ufo activity increased after the explosions of nagasaki and Hiroshima.....nuclear power is a dangerous thing if used wrong to anyone in the universe,not supprising that aliens who could also be effected by it should come down and 'check' on us for this reason....maybe with the current state of the waring US and N.Korea that activity may increase again?

regards.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Check out the recent photo on coast to coast am's web site. Low and clear.
Dallas

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
ferretman, Thanks for the update, 31% now, But I suspect a higher percentage in the future...

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
heres some numbers from US

www.nuforc.org...

enjoy

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
i tend to totally trust ufo sightings by pilots, as wherever they are flying out of would see the object on radar if it wasnt a UFO and tell them about it.

and if it is a military aircraft it has radar in the cockpit and the pilot will know immediately if its a ufo.

i would have to see the total data, then look at only the cases involving pilots who saw it. If there was an increase in those cases i would have to say i am almost 100% sure that there are more 'visitors'

nuclear activity could attract them? maybe, but since the nukes havent gone off yet, i dunno. also, i dont know how radiation effects 'grays'. in a lot of abduction cases one of the main things that happens is the abductee gets radiation sickness, presumably from the ship, but whos to say its not from the visitors themselves.

now that antimatter is no longer a 'scientific urban legend' to us, i would assume that ufos use either gravity manipulation or antimatter drives.

the problem is that we only know about so many elements on earth, there could be any number of elements not present on earth that they are making antimatter propulsion from. this could casue the radiation sickness also.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
There was a recent report of a sighting about 2 years ago that seemed to be considerable. People in the air control tower of a small local airport here (no international flights, just piper planes and what have you), spotted an object that hovered above the sky in the air space for about 2 hours and then vanished. It did not appear on the radar, and it baffled air traffic controllers. The sightins around this particular area have increased over the years as well.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
the topic name reminds me to x-com. I hope that irl it goes the same way as in that (awesome) game.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
When these sightings occur and are labeled as 'unknown
', why is there never any follow-ups. Especially the stories that actually make the news. There have been a couple of so-called sightings in New Jersey the past couple of years labeled as 'unknown
' that have made the papers but then nothing is ever heard about it again. You'd think that these would be stories of importance.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by tomcat ha
the topic name reminds me to x-com. I hope that irl it goes the same way as in that (awesome) game.

You hope that the world becomes enslaved by aliens?

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka

Only if we lose

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe

Originally posted by merka

Only if we lose

Well if we win they will come back anyway (or technically awaken their buddies here on earth). There was an X-Com 2 you know, and more

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Have tried for years to get ufo orgs to host a weekly graph of quality reportings of UFO sightings--to no avail. Perhaps ATS would be the place.

I have a strong belief that good stats with good criteria graphed day by day and at least weekly could afford us some heads-up regarding probable shifts in the phenomena. This might be true--especially toward a looming disclosure or bump-up of disclosure types of details to be made available or public displays to be increased etc.

That is, I think a well kept graph which suddenly showed a dramatic spike might be a great clue--a loud alert that a sea change in the phenomena was on the brink. This could be valuable in a number of ways.

What can be done hereon toward such?

join