It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Damn your commercials to hell YouTube.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Somethingsamiss

Or you could do a little work and download the songs for later listening without the ads,

sounds like a 1st world problem - sigh

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
Guys, let's stop sharing knowledge of ad-blocking. Sure, it's nice and all never seeing an ad or commercial anywhere on any device ever, but some websites rely on the majority of users who aren't aware that that's possible. The more people we tell, the less money those websites make. If everyone did what we did, certain sites wouldn't be able to function.

All well and good, but not applicable in this situation as the OP is specifically discussing YT. A provider that is not short of capital.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

I have to raise your Old Spice ad to this Old Spice ad. It's genius and funny. (They did a whole series of this mind-#ery)

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
well... someone has to pay for the power to run the servers.

Ads are a necessary evil.

You could always just buy the music you like and play it on your phone. No commercials there.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
Guys, let's stop sharing knowledge of ad-blocking.

NO! Suppressing knowledge is not a good thing. You guys are not helpless. If you're still seeing YouTube ads, you've done nothing to protect yourself. That's not YouTube's fault; it's yours. The fact is, YouTube has the ability to detect ad-blockers if it so chooses--just like ATS. YouTube is not "suffering" because you block ads. It still gets ad revenue, enough revenue to make its founders some of the richest people in the entire world. These guys are not some poor, struggling start-up trying to altruistically provide value to the public. They are a company that attempts to extract every bit of private information they can from its users to sell to the highest bidder. You have every right to protect yourself by blocking their intrusion into your life, whether it is ads, cookies or other tracking information. Yes, I use and ad blocker, and I turn it OFF for ATS, as per the T&C for this site. The point is, this is under MY control, not the site's. If you want to cede control to a site, be my guest, but it's not because you don't have an alternative.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join