It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Damn your commercials to hell YouTube.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Okay maybe the title was a little theatrical.

I hate the commercials on YouTube I really do. Not to get to personal, however when I take a shower I like to put some music on and my normal way of doing that is going on YouTube and finding some play list that seems interesting. For example tonight was John Denver and Johnny Cash (not my normal genre but hey) So I hop in the shower listening to "country road" then Nancy Sinatra "these boots are made for walking". Then I hear talking damn commercials I think to my self. But it just never ended. I was almost done so I just suffered through. When I get out I looked the commercial had been on for five minutes and still had another 43 to go... a 48 minute commercial? I thought they were getting rid of this crap...

Okay rant complete.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Somethingsamiss

In a word, ad-block. Probably doesn't work on smartphones though.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Two words. uBlock Origin.

Youtube hasn't served me ads in a while... now the channels do it in video, spruiking something that sponsored them.

By the way, if you enjoyed my post, why not check out Golden Lotus Scented Candles. They smell like a gorgeous garden, and help to bring a soothing, calming atmosphere to your home. I always use, Golden Lotus Scented Candles. Try them today ! And don't forget to smash that Star Button !!!

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   

I agree, U-toob commercials SUCK!!

Commercials in general suck, but U-toob is even worse than that! I swear, they must pay people to watch videos and then insert the commercials at the exact worst time, right at the most important part, to interrupt the whole flow of the video.

I want to smash my computer sometimes over that!

I totally agree!

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Doesn't really work on embedded YT commercials. Works on pop-ups, but not those.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I use only a PC and I see no ads whatsoever on youtube. uBlock Origin is the prog I use.
edit on 13/8/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Doesn't really work on embedded YT commercials. Works on pop-ups, but not those.

Works for me, all I have to deal with now is stopping the video a bit early when they start talking about products or services. But no embedded adverts appearing mid way through a video.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 05:06 AM
link   

They are pushing for subscriptions.

Just use spotify. You get some ads every 30 minutes, better than Youtube where a playlist can have like nine ads in a 20 minute song list.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   

I don't like ads either, but at the end of the day, somebody's gotta pay for hosting those videos which you get to stream without cost. Even if the company that hosts it is backed by one of the richest corporations in the world, you simply do not get something for nothing.

edit on 13/8/2018 by DividedByZero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Watch on a kindle. I never get commercials.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Don't happen to me either...and they want you to buy the uninterrupted Red YouTube
edit on 13-8-2018 by mysterioustranger because: No coffee yet....

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I dont mind a commercial at the start of some videos. Money makes the world turn and that's a fact people need to get used to.

But....

I hate a fricken commercial in the middle of a video. They always cut in right in the middle of a sentence. Never where a commercial belongs.

That and the volume always seems to be much louder of some adds...ugh

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Spotify Premium, $9.99 a month and I can listen to whatever I want whenever I want commercial free and without YouTube's crap recommendations which make little sense to me.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I stack ABP and uBlock origin, noscript and ghostery. I haven't seen an add in over a decade.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Disconnect, uBlockOrigin, AdBlockPlus, Greasemonkey/Violentmonkey(Adblocker-Blocker-Blocker xD), Cookie Auto Delete, First Party Isolation, Neat URL, Unpaywall...

To name a few tools for digital self defense.
Saw or heard the last ad years ago in the web. They are useless anyway, i just buy what i need and what I want, not what others tell me so they can make profits with my money.
Except on ATS, for sure.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I dont mind a commercial at the start of some videos. Money makes the world turn and that's a fact people need to get used to.

But....

I hate a fricken commercial in the middle of a video. They always cut in right in the middle of a sentence. Never where a commercial belongs.

That and the volume always seems to be much louder of some adds...ugh

Try it in an ASMR video. I've read a few comments that right in the middle of a quiet tingle sound, bam.. nissan car parts. lol

that would send me mental.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   
This has been informative.

Love the smell of ATS in the morning!

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Can't advertisement be regulated so we don't have to be bombarded with so much unwanted products or services

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Will say... this is my favorite commercial ATM

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Guys, let's stop sharing knowledge of ad-blocking. Sure, it's nice and all never seeing an ad or commercial anywhere on any device ever, but some websites rely on the majority of users who aren't aware that that's possible. The more people we tell, the less money those websites make. If everyone did what we did, certain sites wouldn't be able to function.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join