It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Fallout 76 Concerns

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: eriktheawful

Morrowind was the game that got me away from RTS and into RPG, I still rate it as the best Bethesda game in the TES franchise

Yeah Morrowind is still my favorite TeS game, the new TeS games obviously have better mechanics but the world in Morrowind was so well designed despite the limited technology of the time, the music was gorgeous, and it has lots of guilds and quests. I've probably played Skyrim more, overall it's the most entertaining and well made TeS game, but Morrowind has the most soul.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

I don't mind it being online what concerns me is it won't be available on Steam or use the Steam network they'll be using Bethesda net to distribute and host it.

Todd Howard says it's because they can't contact all of their customers easily on Steam which is fine by me , I don't want Bethesda contacting me nor do I want them selling my information , not that I don't trust Bethesda just that I don't trust Bethesda ... the bunch of money grabbing buggy game releasing shysters that they are.

-1 Bethesda for me.

Hope there's a horse armor DLC.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767
Sadly kids do in these games what the society where the weakest go to the wall teaches them.

All others are enemies and need to be killed and everything that belongs to them needs to be destroyed.
Coop, teamplay, what is that for useless stuff?

It´s all about ME, the superhero (like my helicopter-parents told me)!

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Whatever happened to the glory day's of computer game's, Jet Set Willie, Manic Miner etc, no killing just exploring and the odd dropping a stone on something was about as violent as it got and yet they were ten time's more addictive for some reason.
It does kind of make you wonder could there be an agenda being pushed here?.
A potential new and very controversial conspiracy thread for anyone that feel's up to it.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Tried Ark survival evolved?

It has plenty of mods and private servers. Seems to tick the boxes you're looking for.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

I'm with you on that list.
IMO A NV remake would do nicely. As far a 76 is concerned, I'm looking forward to it. I've never got the time for online gaming but, Its Fallout so cause I gona play it.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Fallout 76 is due out in a couple of weeks so Gamespot were given 3 hours with the game , bellow is a 50 minute highlights video from that 3 hours for those interested in picking the game up.
Footage captured on XBone.

Not sure it's for me TBH

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

I don't mind it being online what concerns me is it won't be available on Steam or use the Steam network they'll be using Bethesda net to distribute and host it.

Todd Howard says it's because they can't contact all of their customers easily on Steam which is fine by me , I don't want Bethesda contacting me nor do I want them selling my information , not that I don't trust Bethesda just that I don't trust Bethesda ... the bunch of money grabbing buggy game releasing shysters that they are.

-1 Bethesda for me.

Hope there's a horse armor DLC.

Wait what?
They won't be getting any $ from me then..

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I think i will be skipping out this title, i do not like empty worlds without any NPC, its not fun.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
One Beta review said the game is the nicest looking free game anyone can spend $60 on. In other words, it sounds like a cash grab soiling of the bed by Bethesda. I've not seen a single review that was what I'd call positive. Most are downright bad reviews and the ones that aren't spend most of their time trying to defend the game or deflect criticisms and downplay the game's obvious shortfalls.

Bethesda needs to right the ship soon or their reputation will take a serious hit. Between ESO, the porting of Skyrim to everything with a CPU, and the minimal improvements and barely next-gen quality of Fallout 4, they're struggling of late. I actually wish they'd hand the Fallout license to Obsidian and just focus entirely on TES moving forward.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Soooooo , Fallout 76 ?

I've read the reviews and watched a few youtube videos of the game in action and frankly I think Bethesda are getting exactly what they deserve , lazy cash grabbing Radscorpions that they are.

Anyone playing want to give their thoughts on the game ?

edit on 20-11-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I've watched people play it cause I like fallout. It looks really bad. A million bugs, almost no npc's, nukes suck beyond looking kind of cool, lots of bad design or just lack of design, PVP is really bad,and quests are all boring with no real-endgame.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Pretty much YouTube has been brimming over with hate for Fallout 76 and Bethesda.

I've seen a handful of pro 76 videos, all but one of them were by Bethesda Fan Boys, who would gush over a steaming pile of crap if Todd left it there for them.

The one I saw that was not too pro, was by a veteran game developer, who took the time in explaining the issues of having a MMO for Fallout.

As it is, I'm most likely not going to waste my money on it.

If they had come out with a Fallout 76 that was PVE with a co-op mode, you bet your butt I would have blown my money on it!

But with the way it is now....using a game engine that's literally old enough to buy alcohol here in the US (no kidding.....it's 21 years old now).......I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to pass. Unless there are some MAJOR changes done to it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join