It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 20

page: 93
<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

OMG Jacy, so tragic that your friends have lost their hope and are suicidal. Please keep us posted when you get back. Hugs!

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Right after I started writing this reply (about an hour ago)...another friend from the shelter sent me a message on Messenger. She was talking about being suicidal and then she stopped replying to me. So I've just contacted her son (they live in another town) and he called 911 to send an ambulance to her place.

😕.. my prayers are with you and your friends jacy. May you all find strength and courage to cope with life’s difficulties.

* waves to fellow Sheddites *

Wishing everyone a peaceful weekend.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

I had the same problem if it's any consolation, even without the cast. Due to one foot hurting you quickly end up relying too much on the other foot and over-stress it and/or other muscles.

Why were your pants on fire?

Actually my pants were not on fire but if they were I would want to know how to ask for help. Just trying to be proactive.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Afternoon Blue! Ah, freedom on Friday, yay! Your back will improve once you get back to normal. I'm always here on a Saturday. Hell, I'm here every day. LOL

My MD suggested that I ask the foot doctor to recommend physical therapy to help with the back problem.

PS, I love your new look.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

You are such an angel to others as a good friend. Prayers for your friend.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

It's still swollen but I can walk on it ok. After I sit down I feel it twinging so I think it will be several months before 100% is reached but I can move around okay. The rental company came round to do their monthly check. The guy said it had been 6 weeks instead of 4 since the last check. Time flies when you can barely walk. He was happy to see that my room "passed", there are still a few things I need to do but I managed to do the dishes, hoover and mop the floor and do some laundry. The last time I did that was at least 6 weeks ago apparently. (I had to scrub the plates really hard. Egg yolks are stubborn!)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Thanks Blue! I thought I needed a change for a little while. I am quite attached to my old avatar, so she may be back eventually.

Waves at Sheye!

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

If you can't do your dishes right away, soak them. Then when you are up to it, use your regular dish soap and it is easy to clean. I usually keep up with the dishes, but have had days where I left things soaking in the sink until the next morning.
Egg yolks are like glue if not washed right away. LOL

I'm concerned that your foot is still swollen after all this time. Are you putting ice on it? A frozen vegetable bag or even ice wrapped in a facecloth?

edit on 15-9-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I want everyone who visits here to watch this video. Jacy, when your friends are up to it, have them watch as well. Powerful and inspiring.

edit on 15-9-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Beautiful video,Night !

“Hope is the chorus to the verse of depression” .. I love those words.
Hope and love... two of the best four letter words.

May we all hang on tight to both of them.. they will make our struggles easier !

Hope jacy is doing ok.. she must be very anxious and stressed today.

Big hugs to you jacy 😕

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Shameless plug.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Sending positive vibes to all Sheddites, I'll be lurking if anyone needs me.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Thanks Night, added this video to my thread.

ETA I soaked them for an hour in scalding hot water but damn, after a month the yolk is like glue. Everything is clean now though.

edit on 15/9/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

Thanks Night, added this video to my thread.

ETA I soaked them for an hour in scalding hot water but damn, after a month the yolk is like glue. Everything is clean now though.

I wasn't sure if making threads on suicide was allowed. I wanted to make one myself. Glad you made it and it's still standing, so I guess it's ok. I think it is a very important topic and should be discussed. I will go catch up in your thread in a few minutes Hun.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I think as long as it's not glorifying suicide, it's OK.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Hi Sheye! Yes Jacy is under enormous stress I would imagine. Between her own struggles and reaching out to others, it can be draining. She needs to look after herself as well. I hope she is eating and sleeping enough.

To me, it is vital that we nurture and are there for each other, all of us if we can. I have always felt a strong pull to reach out to others and I know that others are the same. It doesn't matter what we ourselves are going through at any given time, if someone needs us and we can, we will be there.

Yes, love and hope are beautiful words!

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

I think as long as it's not glorifying suicide, it's OK.

Thank you LurkerRico! LOL, sorry, couldn't resist with the name.
How are you doing this fine Saturday?

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I'm doin ok. Just feel like hibernating in the basement today.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Is it warmer in the basement? Is it winter there already?

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

You can hibernate in here you'll have company, food and drinks and whatever you'd like.

new topics

top topics

<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join