It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 20

page: 92
<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Damla
honestly tell me..wouldnt you be happy if i stopped posting?

No .. we wouldn’t be happy.. you are welcome in the Shed and an interesting poster.😊

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

dont say that. never welcome me openly.so you wont get the feeling of hurt from contradicting yourself.it happens.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 03:54 AM
link   

dont say that. never welcome me openly.so you wont get the feeling of hurt from contradicting yourself.it happens.

The Shed is supposed to be a welcoming place Damla... do you not feel welcomed here ?

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   

yes.if you ll pretend you dont understand what i write or wait for a more appropriate time to understand what i may be writing, you deliberately type my name wrong and if you try to get it forcefully out of me.

now i hope you dont pretend to act like i typed it all for you.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Damla

There is no animosity towards you here.

We are all semi-kindred spirits, with nothing but sharing a fairly ordinary life as is dealt to us.

You appear to be speaking English whilst your native tongue would allow more expression.

Bear with us, we would rather help you along ...

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 04:18 AM
link   

yes.if you ll pretend you dont understand what i write or wait for a more appropriate time to understand what i may be writing, you deliberately type my name wrong and if you try to get it forcefully out of me.

now i hope you dont pretend to act like i typed it all for you.

You are difficult to understand at times Damla, but we understand that English is not your native language. I can only speak for myself, but I will try to wait while you explain yourself better in your posts... if that is your issue.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 04:30 AM
link   
it is no big deal. I can leave as well. One last try.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Take your time.

We will listen.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 04:38 AM
link   

it is no big deal. I can leave as well. One last try.

I’d prefer you don’t leave. Like I said before.. you are an interesting poster.

I just woke up awhile ago.. had some orange juice and a cig.. now I am going back to bed. Talk to you tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Happy sleeping to you
Thanks. But it doesnt matter. there is always a better group to be with. For everyone.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   

honestly tell me..wouldnt you be happy if i stopped posting?

No and you are not the only non-native speaker on this thread either. I have no difficulty understanding what you write, if that's any help.

ETA I am bi-lingual but only because I moved to a foreign country (The Netherlands) and needed to learn the language. Due to work I couldn't attend any kind of adult education centre (I worked shifts, week one was 6 a.m. till 3 p.m. and week two was 3 p.m. till midnight) so I just sat and listened to colleagues in the coffee breaks and dinner breaks. It took me 3 years of listening and asking the odd question here and there. The next problem was that I could understand 95% of everything that was said to me but I couldn't read Dutch. I solved that problem by watching English language movies with Dutch subtitles. That part went quicker and I could read and understand written Dutch after a while too.

The next phase was to start talking. It's one thing to understand a language but being able to formulate a sentence on your own is quite a different thing. Thankfully they (Dutch colleagues) saw I was trying and helped me greatly. I made many silly mistakes that made everyone laugh, myself included but I got there eventually. 25 years later the only clue people get is my accent but sometimes some people don't even hear that.
edit on 15/9/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   
If they let clowns like me in they let anyone in.
As Night said, all are welcome.
edit on 15-9-2018 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Some of you were here earlier this Morning. Good morning!

It was good to see Timely again and Skiddy! You guys been hanging out drinking beer behind the Shed?

I'm still half asleep so point me in the right direction to the coffee pot.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

In my last place of employment we had people speaking a number of languages. I could listen all day long and not understand what was being said, only if I remembered enough words, then I might get the gist. I learned greetings and a few things in each language, all of which I have forgotten now. I always had trouble learning another language or retaining information.

I'm laughing because I did know some French and we had Africans who spoke French. That is when I discovered that the French I was speaking was Canadian French which wasn't proper French. LOL My maternal Grandmother spoke French and was from Quebec.

I had fun with the Spanish speaking folks. I once asked why so many things ended in o or a. It was explained that things were male or female. I laughed and asked him how a table or chair was considered male or female. Even he laughed and said he didn't know. Since we had mostly Spanish speakers, if they were chatting away I would make them laugh by saying, "Hey, the white girl wants to laugh too. Then they would all speak English and included me. LOL

edit on 15-9-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

edit on 15-9-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
What, it's Saturday and the Shed is actually alive?

Usually it's a slow day as everyone is off doing real world things. It must be the weather or something.

I've finally realized that after wearing this cast for too long that it is the cause of my back pain that I've had. As I have been keeping weight off my left leg as much as I can all the pressure goes up my right leg to my hip and finally my back. Sitting on an assortment of pillows and folded pillow cases helps out a bit as does altering how they are arranged. Oh well, I'll have the cast off on Friday as long as former tropical storm Isaac doesn't strengthen and hide this way.

My two cents about talking in foreign languages - I learn a bit of Spanish in high school which I thought that I had forgotten most of until I had a girlfriend who spoke Spanish. I surprised myself with all that I actually know. I've learned a little French from my mother who took French in high school. After traveling to France an couple of times and trying to learn the language so I could at least say "help me, my pants are on fire" I've discovered that I can read in French a lot better than speaking or hearing it.

Back to the movie now...

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

I had the same problem if it's any consolation, even without the cast. Due to one foot hurting you quickly end up relying too much on the other foot and over-stress it and/or other muscles.

Why were your pants on fire?

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Afternoon Blue! Ah, freedom on Friday, yay! Your back will improve once you get back to normal. I'm always here on a Saturday. Hell, I'm here every day. LOL

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hi Night! Hi everybody!

I was here reading early this morning and was truly touched (and happy) to see so much support and conversation in our Shed.
It was great to see posts from members that I haven't seen in a while and I appreciate everyone's comments.

A friend stopped in with coffee so I haven't been online since much earlier. She just left and I wanted to say "thank you" before I go to see my friend at the hospital.

Right after I started writing this reply (about an hour ago)...another friend from the shelter sent me a message on Messenger. She was talking about being suicidal and then she stopped replying to me.
So I've just contacted her son (they live in another town) and he called 911 to send an ambulance to her place.

I'm freaking out now and waiting to hear back from him.
I will be back here later...I wanted to respond to people here but now have to deal with this situation.

Take care everybody.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Why were your pants on fire?

Ahaha!

How is your foot now Matthew?

top topics

<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join