It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 20

page: 90
<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

In the UK at least, psych wards are places that like to give heavy medication to patients. (When I say heavy, I mean all you can do is stare at the wall and drool all day. Cohesive thoughts are not possible under such a regime.) Vegetated. I don't mind getting vegetated every once in a while but not with "meds". My Dad received ECT (electro-shock therapy) voluntarily to help his depression when younger. It might have helped his depression but it destroyed his short term memory for the rest of his life.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Thanks guys, I appreciate the support. Having a rough night...I admit it.

You're right about the hospital stays too...what you all described. It seems more like punishment than help.
My friend tells me about her experiences but nothing really helps in the end...because it is her situation that is depressing her so much...and she has no control over the situation. So it doesn't change yet they expect her to now be fine with everything.

I just deleted what I wrote.
I'm actually quite worried about her and I'm having a hard time talking about it.
(and feeling a lot of anxiety right now)
Geez...sorry...

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

No apologies necessary. I have a strong dislike of psychiatrists. Psychologists are okay but I personally don't believe that talking to someone really helps in the long run. It solves nothing IMHO but then I am a stubborn person and find it hard to let go. Capricorn here. Stubborn goat.
And hey, I also deleted my previous reply.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

My friend tells me about her experiences but nothing really helps in the end...because it is her situation that is depressing her so much...and she has no control over the situation. So it doesn't change yet they expect her to now be fine with everything.

Situational depression is the worst, because meds don’t change the situation. They may help cope until the situation improves , but that is not always a given.

I believe I am suffering situational depression now over my health problems, and I know I’m not alone in that. One day at a time is all I’ve got right now, and of course Abilify( antidepressant).. which may need to be increased.

We don’t pay for health care here, and I can’t imagine how difficult that is for those with limited funds.

Hugs to anyone who needs one.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

When she gets released, she can see a psychiatrist and maybe get meds to take the edge off of her depression and anxiety. She doesn't have to stay on them if it isn't a biological thing, but only extenuating circumstances.

I've never been in a psych ward, so I don't know what takes place exactly.

Here, you can get meds for depression from your regular doctor. I am on meds for anxiety.

If she was bad enough to want to take her life, I would advise at least a counselor of some kind for a while.

I know this isn't helping you Jacy with your own issues to deal with. I wish I lived closer where I could be more of a comfort to you.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Um...will you guys stop deleting your posts please? If it was important enough to you to write in the first place, write it.

And Mr. Stubborn, Maybe you don't need meds, but talking to someone about your problems does help, if even in a small way. It can lessen your anxiety or depression or whatever. Doesn't it help to know that you are not alone in it all?

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

I've tried meds for depression years ago, but I either slept all the time or felt too out of it so I stopped. I do need the anxiety meds though. They take the edge off for me.

edit on 14-9-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Oh hey everyone, thank you so much for your input!

She actually has autism, diabetes, 4 metal rods in her back, has been on meds and in therapy for years. Multiple stays in the hospital and a couple of suicide attempts.
That's why I'm upset...nothing they do has any effect really. She was the first friend I met there and we vowed to support each other. There is nothing I can do either except try to be there for her.

Wow, more deleting. I feel like I'm rambling on so I'm cutting them short.
I really am not expressing myself well tonight.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Um...will you guys stop deleting your posts please? If it was important enough to you to write in the first place, write it.

And Mr. Stubborn, Maybe you don't need meds, but talking to someone about your problems does help, if even in a small way. It can lessen your anxiety or depression or whatever. Doesn't it help to know that you are not alone in it all?

My dear, I spend every day of every month alone, all day long. I talk to no one except here on ATS and no, that doesn't help depression. I have no anxiety, I am fiercely stubborn and refuse all help, offered or implied. I asked friends to help me when my foot was bad. Long story short, I told them that I didn't need their help. Self sufficiency is my other middle name (along with stubborn). Apparently they didn't realise how stubborn I really am. They do now and I don't hear much from them any more. I like that just fine. I hate inconveniencing people, even in my moment of need.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

You're doing just fine Jacy. Yes, being there for her will help. Just be sure to look after yourself as well. We need and love you so much!

I have trouble being articulate sometimes. You are doing great Hun!

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I wish we could help somehow with your depression Matthew. Yes, I always hated having to rely on anyone for anything too, but at this stage, I realize I have to accept that there will be times when I will need help with one thing or another. As our mighty dragon Syx used to say, "It is what it is."

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Reasons to be cheerful.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I really am not expressing myself well tonight.

You’re expressing yourself fine jacy, don’t worry about it.

Just write what’s in your heart and on your mind.

The flame on the prayer candle is burning so steady.. looks beautiful. I’m happy I lit it for two reasons. For the prayer.. and for the fact the power just went out. Sitting here in my apartment with one prayer candle for light... it’s rather soothing.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Most of our healthcare is covered here too (SW Ontario). I can't believe what people have to pay in the U.S...like Blue's blood work was $125. Here it would be free.

I do think health issues cause a lot of situational depression. Then money issues if you can't work.

I think we all hate feeling like we need help from anybody...we all want to be self sufficient and independent.
I had to swallow a lot of pride and accept a lot of help this last year. I had to ask for help too...I had to ask a lot.

But I do find that having you guys to talk to helps me. The keeping in touch e-mails and shout-outs on here.
When I feel like nobody cares about me I remind myself that people actually do care about me..a lot of really amazing people that I met here.

Ok this time I'm going to hit send button before I delete it all.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Going to say goodbye for a bit. Power is getting low on my phone..and since the power has not come back on, I better conserve.

Take care everyone !

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

How could we not care about the person that created this place? I will stop deleting my posts too.

Nite all, it's almost 4 a.m. here.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I was chair dancing to Light's song.

Jacy, glad you didn't delete this time.

YES, people DO care about you, very much!

Did a lot of running around today. Kind of tired. OMG, I lit some incense and had to move it away to the back of the table, my eyes were watering. LOL

Sorry you lost power Sheye. I love candle light, but with my eyes, It would make it pretty hard to write a cohesive sentence. My eyes aren't as good as they used to be.

I hate when you get those same few folks on facebook who ask everyone to copy and paste or share something. Some people don't understand the word no. If I wanted it on my page, I would put it there. Sheesh!

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Night Light! HA! Nightlight. That's funny. See you tomorrow I hope.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

A big dragon hug to anyone who needs it.

With all the rain we are having I'm just taking it easy listening to the rain and thunder at time as I don't have any plans a few days.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I can relate to the feeling of being in a Groundhog Day loop. It sometimes seems destined for such to be the case; us humans have made our society to be a struggle for contentment and satisfaction... Sometimes I feel like this is because, once we find contentment... Oftentimes I think this is because it's so easy for contentment to turn to boredom...

I feel my reasons for feeling I'm in a loop may be different to yours(in that, though things around me change, I never do; while from what you said it seems more like things are just the same generally.)

There seems to be some easy advice to give, but I won't, and I'm pretty sure you already know it and do it, lol. (Be thankful for... Etc) one thing i will say is, change up the paradigm! If things don't change, make them change! Even if it's just little things. Arts and crafts, writing stories or journaling, or even writing letters to friends or being here. Idk what your situation is like but maybe having a garden or getting a pet would help. Things that change, while staying the same, and require your interaction, which (hopefully would) bring you enjoyment.

Oh, and its okay to feel sorry for yourself. For me, I also tend to feel bad About it- but I realized that, the reason why I was feeling ba, wasn't because I felt sorry for myself. It was because I wasn't taking steps to change it. Only, that led to greater anguish because I repeatedly fail to do just that, buts besides the point.

Sheye, Night, thanks for the kind words, they are deeply appreciated

<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join