It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 20

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence
It really could have been a lot worse. Be thankful that you didn't go to the restroom without washing your hands first.

I thought this little guy might brighten your day.
edit on 14-8-2018 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

Be thankful that you didn't go to the restroom without washing your hands first.
I thought this little guy might brighten your day.

Hey you, it jumped my little old heart to see you.

Thankful, yes, but I have done that, yes, and it isn't pleasant a little too hot even for me
. That guy is something thank you. Give the girls a big hug.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
Does that include not judging liars and thieves ? We all have to make character judgements when deciding if someone can be considered a friend.

Maybe this goes a bit to the "semantics" side. I have cut off liars and thieves from my life. But i don't judge them. Because i don't want to be judged either. I am not angry at them either. Mostly i am disappointed, due to seeing the potential underneath that was ruined because of severe dishonesty. I have seen great people fall from great heights. I used to have all doors open infront of me, i closed some, circumstances closed some, then i fell. Who am i to judge?

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Light, I have a cousin who helps me with my computer through teamviewer. It is the site, not my computer. Many others are being affected. I can't enjoy myself or feel safe here with this going on. I'm going out of my way being here now. I don't know how long I can stay on the site while this is still going on.

I'm going to check the business board to see how things are coming along.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
a reply to: Night Star.

We don’t own this site , Night. I feel your frustration, but it’s a privilege to be on a site that doesn’t charge fees.

Their site, their rules... and that’s just the way it is.
They don’t NEED us... new members will always come along.. but we do NEED them, if we want to remain a part of the Shed, and especially you who wants to keep it alive and well.

You’ll get over your frustration, and put up with the adds, in time 😉.

I am well aware of this being their site and their rules, but I have never been bothered by all these ads before and as a long standing signed in member playing by the rules and not having ad block....I am obviously very disappointed. I am also concerned about my computer.

Being disabled, this is all I really have to interact with people and have fun throuhgout the day and night. It helps my depression and anxiety and my well being. Otherwise...I would be terribly lonely and probably down and blah all the time until I could get out of the house and be with my off line friend or Sister. I come online to be here, go to youtube and facebook. etc. I have made lovely friends from all over the world. I don't need anything to happen to my computer, my life line.

This site has been my home for many years.

edit on 15-8-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   
nvm

@night - I'll try and come up with something - story-wise. Am still working out what to do with the naughty elf!
@Tom - Hello! (Weirdly, I just sent you a pm yesterday!!) Great story add.
G

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Pray for those facing up to 80 bushfires fuelled by dry tinder.

People in the Blue Mountains are under threat again.

New Soth Wales has been lacking good rain for a long time.
Combine with a lack of clearings amd other peventative measures ... well please spare these good folk a word in your prayers.

It is Winter here ...
edit on 15-8-2018 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Hey i want to tell you that you are something like an internet role-model for me. I have drank a tiny bit but this is not drunk talk and i have been thinking this at sober times too.

You have a nice family, nice house and garden. You drink a bit at times but not at all problematically. You use humor but you seem to never lose your grip.

I think i am not the only one who is inspired by you here at the shed.

Keep it up

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   
D D I G! (Don't Do It Gordi!)

(Psst! He's only after the whisky... The smooth-talking bar-steward!)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Yo! how are you feeling? Your foot is still toast?

I feel strange. Getting slowly drunk without hop. No beer this time.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Light, I have a cousin who helps me with my computer through teamviewer. It is the site, not my computer.

I see. You are very frustrated. I come from planet frustration and i can sense it 100%. This is just a thought, maybe give light a shot with teamviewer also. He might know some tricks

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

All joking aside, alcohol becomes a problem when it's a daily habit. I remember the good old days, one or two beers in the weekend. I didn't even drink the pints/half-litres back then. Many people drink but when you are in a relationship, have a family, etc, responsibilities come first and always must come first.

People have asked me how I lived the way I do for so long. I tell them exactly that. No responsibilities and a few bad years can make it easier to drink, unfortunately. And once you pop you just can't stop. (A Pringles (euw!!!) slogan) This is why I slowed it down to a "not drunk" thing. I still drink way too much but I avoid the excess I used to seek out. Hangovers were never a problem but waking up the next day remembering nothing used to be my goal. Small steps...

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
a reply to: Finspiracy
Many people drink but when you are in a relationship, have a family, etc, responsibilities come first and always must come first

Yes but it is not like that for everyone. One can be drunk at the bar, get involved with a woman, relationship follows. Still drunk at the bar when newborn is here. Mother and kid leaves and still the man is drunk at the bar because "i am not understood" or whatever you come up with.

I understand your point, and it is valid, but it is not universal to all situations.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Will do Timely. Are you in the line of fire? Stay safe.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   
This one is for all shed members and shed lurkers:

"Put your hands in the air
If you hear me out there
I've been looking for you day and night
Shine a light in the dark
Let me see where you are
'Cause I'm not gonna leave you behind"

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   

No not this time. But My aging Dad and his stubborn Wife; do cause me concern.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Morning Boys, so cozy to see you have a little chat.
Here is a little spread for the hungry ones

Now wish me luck, please I have some hunting to do and need to make a perfect hit. (Job Hunting)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Are they in a fire zone?
I get the concern part, I never moved very far from my folks when they where alive and actually moved home to take care of them, mostly Dad before they passed away.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Good luck with the job hunting!

edit on 15/8/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Prayers coming Timely! If your Father is in the area, tell him to get to hell out of there, stubborn wife or not. Keep at him!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join