It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 20

page: 70
<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Ladies, motivation is something I am sorely lacking. I sometimes cook for Mark and I, but he is more of a steak man and I am more for chicken, turkey, pork. So I will often cook something easy for myself. OR...I try to find frozen meals that aren't sky high in sodium, fats and calories. I love the crockpot, just throw things in and cook on high for 4 hours, sometimes even less and we have left overs.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Hi Sheye...you're right, I'm back now.

Dirty sock shaming doesn't work on lurkers any better than it works on teenagers, lol.

Most of the people I know who live alone don't bother to cook for themselves. I buy frozen dinners that I can microwave but I admit that I haven't used the stove/oven at all since I moved here.
It's a gas stove too and I've never had one before. Part of me is worried that I will do something wrong or leave the gas on by mistake. (Probably a good thing I have to smoke outside, eh?)

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

A gas stove would worry me as well, as I have no experience with them.

If I do use my oven ( lets say for baked potatoes).. I make multiples , so I can just warm up the leftovers all week.

I love baked potatoes and their skins, so they are a better option for me than cutting and boiling or standing and frying.

I also buy precooked burger patties that are frozen, and pop them in the microwave for a quick burger without all the grease splattering on the stove.

I too used to love cooking for my family ( was never big on making deserts).. and up until my back got really bad close to three years ago, I so enjoyed cooking them a Sunday meal. Now it’s torture and I do it less often.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Oh wow, I love baked potatoes and can't remember the last time I had one. I wonder if I could bake one without blowing the place up?! (If you never hear from me again, the answer was "no", lol).

I'm the same as you and Night with the back pain. It really does affect every aspect of life...what you can and cannot do. The trouble is we don't look like there's anything wrong with us and some people think we're exaggerating (or just lazy).

Ugh, we are having an old lady conversation about our aches and pains.
We aren't old ladies...we are rock chicks!!
Quick...somebody play some loud music while I go yell at the young hooligans to get off my lawn!

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

You make me laugh jacy 😆 thank you for that !

I hate talking about aches and pains, but it’s a fact of life, and it effects our lives.
I appreciate the good ideas from anyone that will cut down on time spent standing.

But.. if you want rock .. rock it is.😉

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Ah hahaha! So funny! Sorry I got distracted for awhile and missed the fun in here!

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Posting the first song in my heavy metal tunes.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I appreciate you ladies keeping me company tonight.

I'm trying to get my laptop to work so I can search for a movie on Netflix. My computer is freezing and glitching...sounds like it's dying. I'm stroking it and gently trying to pursuade it to 'hang in a little longer baby, momma loves you'...

(Momma really wants to throw it against the wall)

And now it's frozen on the sign-in page.
*runs into kitchen crying and grabs cookies*

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Oh no! Computers can be such a pain in the ass. Don't they know we need them? Sheesh!

Hope you get it running Hunny! Love you!

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Going to lay down for a bit.. try to anyhow.

Just developed a sore stomach ... ugh.

May catch up with you later.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Hehe...thank you. (I'm such a whiner)

Ok, now watching "Danny Collins". Al Pacino plays an aging rock star who turns his life around after receiving a letter from John Lennon. I've seen it before but really liked it.

I did enjoy the tunes you both posted though.
Sometimes I come here thinking that "Ugh I always sound so depressed...arghhh!!"

But whoever is here chats with me and I end up feeling so much better. So if anyone is here lurking, maybe feeling lonely or sad...please just say "hi". You don't need to be alone in a dark place.

Edit:. Sorry you don't feel well Sheye...go relax and feel better.
edit on 8-9-2018 by jacygirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

A bunch of us in here have depression and anxiety. You are in our tribe. And those who don't, have the compassion and love of an Angel. That and...It's the Shed, magical and good for the soul. HUGS!

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Hope you feel better soon.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Well it looks like we're not gonna lure anyone in tonight.
I start getting sleepy at around the time you are just getting going for the night...so I hope someone from the night crew comes to keep you company.

The people upstairs are making so much noise...I'm going to put my ear-buds in and try to tune them out.
(and eat cookies)

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Get your rest sweet friend. I'm achy and going to watch something on youtube. Enjoy those yummy cookies!

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Feeling better now... I have digestive issues that sometimes cause real pain. Milk seems to effect my stomach these days, so maybe I’m becoming lactose intolerant ?

I see it’s very quiet in here... * waves to lurkers *

I’ll just mosey along and come back later to post a tune or two.

What the heck.. I’ll just post one now.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Ahhh ... alone with the lurkers ( if there are any 😏)

Dedicated to lurker number 33 ...😏

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
dedicated to all Members who never star my posts 😆

The immovable glacier untouched by so called climate change still loves you... and does not care about stars... or popularity. God bless you all and don’t take the song literally.. just trying to have fun.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Saturday night and I’m partying by myself 😏. Beats going out and spending too much money to see a mediocre band, and watch peeps get too drunk.

Don’t know how many mediocre bands I’ve seen , but too many ! Sometimes it’s just the sound guy who does a lousy job, and you want to go up to the controls and fix the sound.

Anyhoo, I’m just as happy to stay home and listen to well produced music on YouTube and save money in the process.

Here is a song for .... lurker number 12 ( you’re so kind )

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   
*pours herself a glass of red wine and one for lurker number two who has heart issues*

new topics

top topics

<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join