It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 20

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Yes, I did sort out a room .. has beautiful stained glass windows. 👍🏼

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Hahaha! Do with him as you wish Sir Gordi. Oh I should have written about visons of Errollors death. I'll try to remember next time.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

Yes, I did sort out a room .. has beautiful stained glass windows. 👍🏼

Me too in my castle like chamber.

We have good taste.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
Get Sober may be construed as a put down to those who drink excessively, and I’m not in any position to judge someone else’s alcohol consumption ( unless it is a close family member or friend who is on a very self destructive path ).. then I will voice concern and carefully try and help them out of their addiction.

That's cool. In my understanding, none of us on this planet is in a position to judge. Not even the "best" person (how is that kind of a thing defined anyway?" But if you say to someone "get sober" or post a song titled that way, i think it is more caring than judging. Alcohol, in large amounts, is not that healthy after all. Having a mild hangover right now, with 16 and a half hours of sleep just behind me. You wouldn't believe my thirst right now. For water. Also having some coffee.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

I've always been of the opinion that no-one has the right to judge except a) a Judge and, should it exist b) God.

The statue of justice is a blindfolded woman holding a set of scales. Just the facts Ma'am.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Hello everyone.
I made it.

Here is a song.

A story to follow next.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
This is a continuation of my part of the Shed Adventure story.
My previous chapter can be found here in:
Chapter 6 Shed 19 page 139.
Now for today's story.

Chapter 7
Ash Mountain

Princess Aria the winged elf, and Troll the troll exited the thick forest of the forbidden lands.
Sitting on Troll’s shoulder was Trixie the pixie.

They stood now looking out on a meadow full of tall grass and flowers.
The meadow stretched out before them for twenty miles.
There it met the foot of Ash Mountain.
Even here at the forest edge the trio had to tilt their heads back to look up to the top of Ash Mountain’s tall peaks.
In either direction, north or south the tall mountain range ran as far as the eye could see.

“What is that black streak on the mountain your Highness?” asked Trixie.
Aria gave the pixie a quick look and a small smile.
“Please.,” said Aria. “Don’t call me “your Highness” or princess, or your majesty, please, just call me Aria.”
Trixie answered sheepishly. “Ok toots. Aria it is. So what’s the deal with the black stuff on the mountain?”

Aria got a serious look on her face.
“It looks like a cloud or smoke. I’m not sure. Something is very wrong about it. I guess we’ll find out when we climb the mountain and go up into it.”
“Mountain bad.” said Troll. “Bad air on mountain before black smoke.”
“I know.” said Aria. “This is the tallest mountain in Acassia. When you get near the top the air is so thin that it’s difficult to breath. I don’t think that smoke is going to make it easier.”

“The smoke cloud is not on the top of the mountain.” said Trixie. “Do you think it’s there to keep folks off the mountain?”
“Maybe.” said Aria. “There is something very strange about this whole journey.
We just walked through miles of the Forbidden Forest and we were perfectly safe. This forest is known to be inhabited with all sorts of dangerous and foul beasts. But I didn’t even hear a squirrel run through the leaves.
And look at the sky. Not a bird to be seen. In fact there are no insects buzzing around anywhere.
Usually a visitor to the forbidden lands would be bitten endlessly by insects if they could survive the forest creatures.”
The three looked around suspiciously.
“Let’s go. Said Aria. “We have a long walk. The one thing that hasn’t changed is the enchantment in the air that keeps my wings from working.”
“Yeah hun.” said Trixie. “I noticed when we entered the forest my pixie wings pooped out.”
“Let’s try to walk in the tall grass and in any ravines we come across.” said Aria. “It will make it hard for anything to see us. If there's anything watching.”

The three walked all day under a warm sun without incident.
They camped for the night at the foot of Ash Mountain and at the first light of dawn rose to begin the long climb.
After an hours climb they reached a point where there were no trees or grass on the ground.
No plant life of any kind could be seen on the surface of the great slope.
Just dirty red ash and rocks large and small.
The sun was beating down hot on the climbers and the air was turning black and thick.
“I don’t think we have to get to the top of this mountain before we find it hard to breath.” said Trixie.
“Yes.” said Aria. “The smoke is expanding down the mountainside. Tear off a piece of cloth from your clothes if you can and cover your mouth and noses. We can’t breath in this soot.”

With covered mouths and noses the three struggled to climb the steep mountain with loose rocks and ash giving way under their hands and feet.
Their vision ahead was almost completely obscured by the thick black smoke.
And a distant pounding noise could be heard.

Several more hours past by.
The noise continued to grow louder as they climbed.
Dirty, hot, and covered in sweat, the three paused to rest on a large flat boulder.
“Look.” said Aria. “What is that?”
Through the dark haze the outline of something above them, perhaps a building, could be seen.
“Look like big man shack.” said Troll.
“Let’s climb up to it.” said Aria. “But be on your guard. It could be dangerous.”

After some time they reached a flat area on the mountainside. There was a large wooden building that pressed up against the cliff.
A deafening roar came from inside the building. In the black haze they could see a chimney coming out of the top of the building belching out thick black smoke.
There was a large wooden door that was partially open.
“I’m going to look inside!” yelled Aria over the noise.
“We come too!” yelled Troll.
“Alright!” yelled Aria as she drew her long sword from a sheath on her back. “But be ready for anything!”

Aria opened the door and the three walked in.
The air was hot and blowing around.
This had the effect of clearing a good part of the smoke away.
With dull light from outside peeking in through spaces in the roofs slats they could see a large machine.
A large wheel turned and had a belt connected to it that turned smaller wheels.
The machine shook and let out a deafening roar.
Aria walked slowly around the machine and inspected it.
Then she signaled to the others to go outside with her.
Once outside they closed the door and walked away from the building for a while until they could speak to each other without having to yell.

“What is that thing?” asked Trixie.
“Well.” said Aria. “It reminds me of the mills we have by the steams.
But it does not seem to be grinding any flour.”
Aria thought for a moment.
“It seems to work by explosions that make the wheels turn.
I don’t think it has any purpose but to create the black smoke.”
“Troll break machine!” said Troll.
“No.” said Aria. “That machine alone couldn’t create all the smoke we’ve seen on this mountain.
And if we did destroy it we might alert someone to our presence here.
I also think there must be many of these things scattered throughout the mountainside.”
“But why?” asked Trixie.
“I think it is supposed to eventually cover all the lands with this smoke.” said Aria.
Aria sighed. “There is great evil in all the things we’ve seen. I’ve felt it for some time.
I had many dealing with the witch queen not so long ago, but this feels much worse.”

“Then we must hurry to rescue your father.” said Trixie.
“No.” said Aria shaking her head sadly. “I don’t think my father is going to be on this mountain.
I think this is a trap for me.
If it’s not, well the portal will come again in a few weeks. I could try then to rescue my father.”
“Then ugly Elf come for nothing.” said Troll.
“No.” said Aria. “If this is a trap, then I won’t be expected to be looking for the captured pixies.”
Come on now. We still have a long way to climb.
Let’s go rescue Trixie's sisters.”

edit on 14-8-2018 by Errollorre because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Errollorre

Welcome back, nice story addition too!
I was starting to get worried...

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Errollorre

Tom!!!!!!!! Finally you have arrived!

Your video always makes me tear up. It always amazes me that we have our own song just for the Shed/Accasia. It such an honor and you did an excellent job in creating it! Told you that you should make songs for movies or be on Broadway or something.

Great story entry today as well! I have been hoping you would join us soon! Very, very happy! Give Bug a hug for me and send my love.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
So... things are slowly improving for me.

I have an appointment with the foot doctor on the 24th to remove bandages/splint and replace it with a lovely cast to wear for about one month.

The hospital was nice enough to contact the nice cardiologist as well. I have an appointment with him on the 27th. I'll call later to make sure that they are accepting my insurance as my visit would otherwise be a waste of time.

Now I'm waiting for the lunch hour to pass giving my lawyer time to get back to his office for my phone call on the updated doctor visits. Once completed I need to call the non-profit to arrange transportation plus call to renew my SNAP card as well.

Always to much to do.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Do we all get to draw on your cast like little children like to do? Glad to hear things are progressing in the right direction for you, finally!

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver
Yes, everyone gets to draw on my cast at the cast signing party over at Night's house that weekend.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Hello Fin and Light!

The site is working wonky for me today. Grrrrr! It was working so well and today...not!

Still trying to wake up as I went to bed so late and the phone kept waking me up so I was up earlier than I wanted to be.

I have an X ray for my hip and a bone density test tomorrow. Not worried about the tests themselves, just the results, but I won't dwell on that.

Hope everyone is well or well enough today.

edit on 14-8-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
a reply to: Finspiracy

I've always been of the opinion that no-one has the right to judge except a) a Judge and, should it exist b) God.

The statue of justice is a blindfolded woman holding a set of scales. Just the facts Ma'am.

Does that include not judging liars and thieves ? We all have to make character judgements when deciding if someone can be considered a friend.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I want to sign your cast too. I will draw little hearts and butterflies.

GRRRRR, never had ads pop up in here and now they are!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hearts and butterflies? I wanted smiley faces. lol

Ad problem here too which is why I've turned the ad block for this site back on. Can't download new photos so I have no need to have it turned off.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Ok smilies it is. GRRRR, I don't even want to be here with these friggin ads!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Ok smilies it is. GRRRR, I don't even want to be here with these friggin ads!!!!!!!

I had them too , Night. When I first logged on ... now they are gone.🤷🏻‍♀️

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Interesting conspiracy? The pesky adds are now gone and I can now download more pictures. A connection?

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

GRRRRR, never had ads pop up in here and now they are!!!!!!!!!

WOW, this is weird, I guess we are low on cash. It is odd but if we need it so be it. I want ATS to stay alive.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join