It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 20

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
a reply to: Sheye

I get one sometimes as well, never play 649 for some reason. The Set For Life would be nice to win lol.

Yes, set for life would be nice. I guess at your age you would take monthly payments ? I think I would take the payout. I could be dead in a year .. lol.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Yea I'm 37 in November so I would take the payments. Rather have steady income than a lump sum. Too much temptation at my age to do stupid things IE: Buying gold toilet seats or dresses made out of meat.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Gold is too cold on the bum. Trust me.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

I imagine it would not be a pleasant midnight experience.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

Yea I'm 37 in November so I would take the payments. Rather have steady income than a lump sum. Too much temptation at my age to do stupid things IE: Buying gold toilet seats or dresses made out of meat.

Dresses made of meat ? Ok.. now you have me worrying about you . 🤨 Lady Gaga.. you are not ! Lol

I’d take the lump some because I could help my children more.

Light, how the heck do you know gold toilet seats are cold ? Friends in high places ?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

LOL you got the Lady Gaga reference. The gold toilet seat was from Arsenio HAll (woot woot woot)

I wonder what the resale value is on gold toilet seats?
edit on 5-9-2018 by Autorico because: added stuffs

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

I wonder what the resale value is on gold toilet seats?

😆... I’m sure melted down it has the same value.. though they are probably not solid gold, just gold plated. Now.. depending who sat on it, could raise or lower its value.😏

Going to have a small nap, so I’ll catch up with you later.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Makes note, buy lottery ticket, not gold toilet seat.

Just got home. My Sister took me to the restaurant where my friend Linda works. So Linda was surprised too and tipped well on an expensive bill.
And...my Sister bought me a purple dress.
She is always so generous and thoughtful.
We had some good laughs today.

Friday will be grocery/errand day and then Tuesday my spooky movie! Yay! Woo hoo!

Still hot out there, but a slight breeze.

Hope everyone is doing well. Sprinkles faery dust and exits the room. I might need a nap.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
We went out for dinner tonight, Chinese buffet. We usually do it once or twice a year, typically in January or February as a combined belated birthday dinner for one kid and an early one for hubby and the other kid (all winter birthdays) and sometimes summer. I guess you could say while it was a random choice, it could also double as my birthday dinner, mine's this month. OK with me, I LOVE the place we go to! No need for a birthday dinner now, I'm good

The only drawback to the place we go to is that even if you try to control amounts you eat, it's so good that you end up failing, and waddling out. I'm trying to fight off the "food coma" knocking on my door, older kid is losing the fight, hubby is losing the fight. Younger kid is the only one of us that decided to east sensibly and managed to do it despite the temptation of all her favorite Chinese goodies, she ate just enough to be full, and held her ground instead of following her sister back for more, lol. She, unlike the rest of us, isn't "overfull tired"

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Gee, where have I been the past month?

I'm having a hard day due to a rare panic attack that have me knocked for a loop.

Last week was my long awaited Social Security hearing number three. I'll get the decision in a few weeks. (I hope)

I learned to pace myself each day before that. Just doing one or two things each day that needed to be done. Medication and music always helped out to keep me from going insane waiting for that day to arrive.

In the meantime other matters have been on my mind such as getting around in this blasted cast and waiting for the day to have it taken off. I went to see my MD yesterday. Nothing too exciting to report from that visit other than I updated her on my need to see a new cardiologist, as my stinko insurance has given me the option of two doctors to choose from. After researching both of them I've already made an appointment to see one next week, should the insurance allow of course.

So, my MD said she would put in a word for me to see my preferred cardiologist. I'm waiting until tomorrow to call to see if the approval has gone through already.

Now back to today. I've researched and downloaded a new virus protection as my free one was about to expire. The new one has been running it's first scan most of the day. As I have one of those antique free government cell phones I have to mind the rules with them and recertify every so often. I had a text from them from a few weeks ago saying that it was time to do so. With surgery and the hearing going one I didn't remember if I had recertified or not. After a long call of pushing this for that and that for this I finally got a real person on the phone who told me that I was up to date.

Good, I go that out of the way. One last thing on my mental list that I don't have to worry about for a few month.

My next task of the day was renewing my SNAP (government food) benefits. I need to get this done by the end of next week so I thought I would give it a try. I have the paperwork to fill out and mail back with another copy of my driver's license as they just can't get enough copies of it I guess. Before I found the copy of my DL I decided to look into doing the paperwork online to get things done faster and possibly avoid having to fill out more information than I care to do on paper.

Challenge number one was signing in. I had no idea of what my user name and password were if any already set up. I finally got that figured out. Then I needed to find my ID number which was easy enough as it was on the top of the paper form. Then, yep there's more, they wanted another ID number that I could not find anywhere. After doing some online searching outside of their website I found out the mysterious second ID number was nothing more than my Social Security number. It would have been a lot easier if they just plain asked for that to begin with.

Now the hard part. As I live with my parent I had to provide too much information on them as well such as monthly income and Social Security numbers. A piece of cake, right? I have all that I needed in a notebook from when I first started SNAP. Here's the issue. As I have a new desk now I've cleared out a lot of junk I don't need to keep, especially since I'm a minimalist. I went through the notebooks that right here on my desk and could not find it in them. As the desk drawers are somewhat broken I had to fight with them to go through all three drawers. Not there either. I finally searched my dresser as well in hopes that the notebook was hiding there. No luck there either.

So I have paperwork everywhere and a fan blowing to keep me from burning up so I really need two extra hands to keep things from going off the desk. I'm getting very hyper at this time as I should have found what I was looking for, even after going through each notebook at least three times.

Finally I give up as it is getting to late in the day to call the state in case I had any questions. I'll work on this tomorrow. As my emotions are boiling inside I finally connected the hyper feeling to the good ole panic attacks of some time ago.

I'll just have to make a new list of all that I need and get dad to fill it out even though getting the information from him will be a battle.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Sounds like you had a busy , yet frustrating day Blue. Hope you find the info you need, and everything falls into place for you eventually. You have been very patient through all your issues, and I would so like to see you happy and at peace, with proper medical care, and a decent income.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   
For someone special to me.. thank you

edit on 5-9-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Thank you for your sweet reply, that means a lot to me. You are helping me feel better.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   

And your reply means a lot to me. I can hardly wait to see the improvements in your life around the corner. They are coming !!

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Sorry I missed this earlier, watched Star Trek and fell asleep. Now waiting for a phone call.

You are getting closer to getting things done Blue. I hate all the crap you have to go through with paperwork and approvals and all. I know how maddening that can be. The cast must be a pain in the ass, but you'll eventually be better and able to walk normally again. As for the hearing decision, it would be insane if it didn't go in your favor. I am feeling hopeful for you sweetie!

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Hi Nyiah! Yum, Chinese food! Love it! When exactly is your Birthday? We'll be sure to have a Shed party that day. My Mom's Birthday would have been the 18th of this Month. My oldest Brother's birthday was yesterday.

Did the restaurant have any koi fish? To look at, not eat. LOL

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Oh a mystery. I'm nosey. Who is this special person? LOL

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 02:14 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I want one.

Or two ...

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Oh a mystery. I'm nosey. Who is this special person? LOL

A personal friend who lurks these forums.

new topics

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join