It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 20

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
a reply to: Nyiah
If you had of told me it was a Christian band , I never would have believed you. I was searching something else and that popped up. They are Christian ??? 😳

So now that we have established they are Christian, does that make me evil for posting it ? Should I refrain from posting Ava Maria in the Shed, because it might offend some. I’ve been offended by some songs people choose, but I refrain from throwing tantrums.

Stop. This is called digging yourself a hole.
Instead of simply clearing the air and apologizing, you went on the immediate defensive with plenty of snark. To the average reader, that never reflects well for the writer because it always comes off as being caught red-handed and not being able to simply own up.

All it would have taken is one post, similar to this:
"I honestly didn't know what I was posting, I'm so sorry for offending, I really am. I didn't mean to. XYZ poster, I'm sorry that what I posted came off so wrong, but I promise I'll work toward being clearer next time."

Instead of that, you went on the immediate defensive and pointed the finger back at posters. That doesn't sound like "My bad, I'm sorry" to me.

You got caught, and are trying to flip it back on the Sheddites as being their fault/perceptions. Gaslighting is a very crappy thing to do to people.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Accusing someone of something they are not guilty of is a crappy thing to do.

I searched some words for another purpose and this heavy metal song came up as a choice.. the truth of the matter is I listened to the first “ cookie monster” rants , shut it down.. and posted it for the metal fans because it’s been implied here more than once that I’m some sort of stick in the mud because of my music preferences.

I don’t appreciate being called a liar by you or anyone else, and you have no right or any proof that I am being less than completely sincere.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I searched some words for another purpose and this heavy metal song came up as a choice.. the truth of the matter is I listened to the first “ cookie monster” rants , shut it down.. and posted it for the metal fans because it’s been implied here more than once that I’m some sort of stick in the mud because of my music preferences.

I don’t appreciate being called a liar by you or anyone else, and you have no right or any proof that I am being less than completely sincere.

More digging, and still not one glimmer yet of an honest apology as an olive branch, regardless of what your intent really was. Just defensiveness, finger pointing, blaming.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I've seen more than enough to stand firm with what I said.

Have a good night, Sheye.
edit on 8/25/2018 by Nyiah because: Olive branch, not leaf. Though a leaf would be apt here, not much was expected.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

More digging, and still not one glimmer yet of an honest apology as an olive leaf, regardless of what your intent really was. Just defensiveness, finger pointing, blaming.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I've seen more than enough to stand firm with what I said.

Have a good night, Sheye.

Stand firm in your incorrectness, if you wish.🤷🏻‍♀️

I have nothing to apologize for, and I won’t be bullied into it by people with bias.

You too.. have a good night ( I sincerely mean that )

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   
It’s becoming painfully obvious that some resent my presence in the Shed , and considering these souls may need the Shed a lot more than I do... I will take leave of the Shed. I may write one last story entry ... in time.

I wish all Sheddites much peace and hope, through your trials and tribulations.

God bless you all 😊
( I may on occasion lurk 😏... and I’m very good at ducking stale doughnuts...)
edit on 25-8-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Second, thank god I'm not the only one who saw that band name and song title, googled the lyrics and thought, "What kind of underhanded religious dig is this? < narrows eyes > "
Sheye, you might not have intended to offend WiS,

Thank you Nyiah for clarifying this. I truly appreciate clear speech.

This is not about me, but about the spirit of this place I have been part of for three years and ATS for thirteen. All the years I have been here we have fought for caring, assertive, compassionate, intelligent communication. And I will keep fighting.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Thank you Nyiah for clarifying this. I truly appreciate clear speech.

😂😂😂... the irony.

Ok.. I’m leaving now 😏... unless you drag me back in here to defend myself.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   

because I’ve read some very negative posts from members who claim this is all about positive exchange.

Positive doesn't mean we roll over. You have no idea how many people have been assisted with love and care down the years. We care, through death, loss, homelessness, terminal illness, depression and every thing in between. We are there. With physical and mental aide. We don't care about "what" you are. Just reach out a hand and we will grab it.

This hurts me, as it hurts others. But I will not be run over silently.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I would appreciate if you would refrain from discussing me any further. I have feelings too. Please just let me have a dignified exit from the Shed without browbeating me over my perceived inadequacies.

Let’s let things go and move forward from this negativity in a positive way . I will leave the Shed, and you can all have your positive energy vibes back , that I have been robbing you of. 😕
edit on 25-8-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I have so much empathy and just wish for peace here in the Shed. Right or wrong, I'm just a big love bug.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   
One last song for the Shed ... strictly for dramatic effect 😉😏
No digs or puns intended ... just straight up good lyrics.
Takes awhile to get to the incredible Joss Stone singing this old classic.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I just wanted to say that you're such a wonderful person, Night, and care so much about everyone here in the Shed. I can only hope that people here can understand that you want everyone to be loved, heard and respected and that that's a good thing. This is the spirit that makes this place special.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

That is what I would like to see Lone, for this place to be the special place that it was always intended to be.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I posted this before but removed it before anyone saw it. So I'll post it again.
It used to be my bass warm-up song. Nice and slow and bassy and simple to play. They used to have the video of Moby in the studio doing this acoustic version but for some reason the video got 404'd.

The post I make most often on ATS is the post I never post. I usually find some flaw in my dismal attempt at communicating and delete it. It gets irritating sometimes. You sit there for a good 10 or 15 minutes crafting a reply and then re-read it and think...

"Oh my God, did I just kinda imply that she was fat? Delete! Oh that sounds way too harsh! Delete. That sounds too gay mate. Delete. Now it sounds like you are trying to hit on her! Delete. Now it sounds like you are stoned. Delete...Sigh...Drunk post. Delete..."

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   

edit on 26-8-2018 by Errollorre because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Hey sheye! I'm sorry I missed your post. Its a little late now but better late than never I suppose.
I'm doing okay I just get tired of the daily grind sometimes.
You guys stay up late around here. I'm like holy crap I'm getting up to go to work and some of you are just laying down.

I went into a honey badger coma for several days in my quest for the best honey. Having been stung many times it seems like I made it out alright though and am starting to feel normal again. The hell of it is I never even got the honey. I guess the bee's saw me coming from afar.

I played music in church since 88 and finally got burned out 2 years ago and let it all go for a while. I wasn't burned out on music just the church scene.

I set my guitar down and never opened the case for nearly 2 years. I've been playing some lately though and without a band to play with I just turn on some of my favorite dime store music that I keep Mp3's of on my phone and play along. I have a Macki mixer, keyboard and keyboard amp and I can plug guitar and cellphone into the mixer and jam along.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone choose the key of B before. LOL!

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Trucker1

Hiya Trucker1... I’m replying to your post so as not to appear rude... even though I said I would exit this thread to make others happy.

I understand about getting frustrated with “ church life”... I currently don’t attend a church due to frustrations... and disappointment in leadership. I do better praying in private. 😏.

Thought of you today , briefly, as I was driving over some new asphalt. The road was so nice and smooth to drive on and I thought .. God bless the guys and gals who do this work 😊.

Take care Trucker1 !

edit on 26-8-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join