It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 20

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hi Night! (hugs)....and hello Shed Family!

This is my first time logging in on the tablet but my laptop is glitchy and uncooperative...so I'm fumbling a bit with the touch screen but wanted to say "hello".

I'm sorry that it has taken me so long to come back home.
I've never been so low, battling depression and anxiety that makes me feel like I'm constantly suffocating.

But I have been lurking and want you ALL to know that I have felt a lot of comfort just from being here reading your conversations. I know that some of you don't really know me, but I know you...and I love you all.

I would like to start posting again...everything is baby steps right now.
Thank you for the love and support...I have seen my name mentioned at times and want you to know that it has meant a lot to me. Hopefully I will get a chance to chat with you guys soon.

Love, jacy xoxo

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

LOL! No, I come to BTS for refuge and to relax. I've read The Shed before, just not jumped in. ;o)

a reply to: WalkInSilence

Hello back! Well, rats love coconut, and it is common -- almost everywhere but our property -- to see them racing along the branches or trunks. Once in a great while one of our cat kids catch a rat, and somehow, they all know it has happened and they'll all gather 'round as the ratkiller reenacts the gruesome battle. It's really quite........... human.... in some ways.

Our oldest is 14, and that's ancient for a bush cat. His name is Nico. She has gender issues.
She thinks she's a tomcat.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Hello Jacy!

I've never been so low, battling depression and anxiety that makes me feel like I'm constantly suffocating.Β 

For me, personally, Fighting, as such, only makes it worse. It took me a long time to realize that what works for me, is if, instead of Fighting the depression... Instead I assert the distinction between me and it. Sounds weird, but, if you can fight it, its separate right? And it does feel like it's trying to opress you, control you, drown you. But if you take a step back, and think about that... The fact that this feeling is trying to act on you... Then you can just kind of identify with yourself, and not the battle.

Then again, I'm a very rational person, lol. I offer this as my experience; not to say you should do it or it will work for you

In any case, my sincere hope is that you are soon liberated from that mental oppression!

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

Hi Lucid...and thank you.

I just lost the long reply that I wrote to you.

I guess I use the word battle because this last year has been a fight for survival. My common law husband of ten years walked out and I ended up spending six months in the abused women's shelter. I lost absolutely everything.

Now I'm on a small disability in a basement apartment and I'm not adjusting well at all. The depression is situational, the anxiety is crippling...and I don't even feel like me anymore.
I know it's going to take a long time to begin to heal.

I appreciate your words of wisdom and find that the best advice comes from somebody who can relate.
Thank you!
jacy

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

You did it, you came back home where you belong! You are not alone as you can see in here from different members in battling anxiety and depression. You have been through hell and back and healing will take time. Baby steps are good. Taking one day at a time helps. Good company, music or whatever helps. Sometimes we need a diversion. It's different for everyone, so do whatever works best for you.

I am just so thrilled to see you again Jane! You know that you will always find love, compassion, inspiration and some fun here.

I'll show you where Light and Gordi hide the whiskey. Then again, perhaps someElvan wine or a good stiff pixie drink will help.

Thank you for taking that step in returning back to us! Love you!

edit on 22-8-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

It was a relief to see we weren't in trouble and a pleasure to see you actually jump in and join us.

Ha, a cat with gender issues! That's a new one. Any pics of all your furry friends?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

Wonderful to see you again young Warrior! You have a lot of healing to do as well and I hope coming here can help you in some way. At the very least, you will have your Shed family by your side every step of the way and we can have some fun in here as well.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

Hiya Joe! Great to see you again! Still a little early for our Fin to be here I think, but hopefully he will show up later. How was your day?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Hi jacy!!!

I and Gail are very glad to see you here.
It even made me come out of the bushes.
Of course I'm leaving a trail of donut crumbs falling off of me as I walk towards the Shed.

I was getting ready to write about Troll rescuing you from a prison in our story.
(Maybe I still will
)

But we're just glad to see you.
All this stuff, the Shed, the conversations, everything,
this is all part of the story you started.

Good to see you back.

Take care of yourself.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Errollorre

Oh wow...hi...and thank you!
Hugs all around with Night Star in the middle...I'm so happy to be here with you all again.

I'm sorry...I didn't mean to disappear. My neighbour upstairs had to come in my apt. to check the breakers after a power outage yesterday. Of course on the one evening I decide to come and chat in here... I end up having a somewhat busy evening (which never happens).

I want to start coming back more often so I didn't want it to look like I was posting a hit and run tonight.

If I disappear after this post it's because I'm likely slumped over drooling.
I'm tired and I've been in the bushes living on stale donuts for a long time, so I'm going to take advantage of sleeping inside The Shed tonight.

There's no place like home.
jacy

P.S. I would be delighted to be in a story with Troll !!

It is good.

edit on 22-8-2018 by jacygirl because: Troll

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

* waves to jacy ... πŸ‘‹πŸ–

Nice to see you posting again !
Now that you are here, you can leave the doldrums behind !! 😎

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Under the leadership of Shadow the mighty Wolf Lord, the howling wolves gathered in packs beneath the huge bright moon. Night Star's companion sat on his haunches, his white fur bristling. He was bonded to the Elvan Warrior and felt an uncontrollable desire to be by her side. His loyalty to her was greater than that of his loyalty to the Wolf Lord. He hoped that Shadow would somehow understand. They were all painfully aware that this battle would be like no other they had ever encountered before. The possibility of death was great and If he was going to die, it would be by her side.

Through the years they had battled evil, guided and protected each other. He refused to abandon her now or ever. Wolf whined as he held on to the memories feeling so very far away, so alone in his plight to reach her.

Slowly he padded his way toward the thick dark forest. He glanced back at the others, silently wishing them well. His pace then quickened and he raced forward. It wasn't wise to travel alone, but his choice was made. There were strange sounds all around him as though he was surrounded by...something, but what that something was, he didn't know. With great caution, he tried to remain under the cover of tall grasses and trees. Stars were scattered across the great expanse of the night sky like diamonds dancing.

edit on 22-8-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Oh wow Tom, Jacy and Timely!

Group hug!
Jacy, your room remains untouched and just as you left it. Well, we did keep it clean for you of course. Much better to be inside than out there lurking in the bushes with spiders and other creepy crawlies.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Hi jacygirl!

We talked just a little bit before you had to go. Everyone here has written so nice things about you that i would like to talk further. Actually i don't quite know how to start this... You seem a bit broken, i can understand that. I have a long history of mental illness, mostly depression and anxiety.

If it makes you fall down to bed, try to maintain calm breathing rhythm. That way the nature tells us we are not in danger. Also: don't make a fist (again, then your brain knows you are not in danger) it can help you calm down.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Jacy, your room remains untouched and just as you left it. Well, we did keep it clean for you of course. Much better to be inside than out there lurking in the bushes with spiders and other creepy crawlies.

Actually there was a big fat spider just about to go to the room. And i took care of it (read: i shouted to our Australian friend timely to take care of it as my voice cracked in fear)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Ahaha! Glad I missed it. Spiders freak me the hell out! Glad you showed up. I was feeling a bit down with my own depression. Got a video for me tonight? Are you up having coffee?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Got a video for me tonight? Are you up having coffee?

Skipped coffee, having wine.

Corey Taylor is the lead singer of Slipknot and Stone sour. In a metal singers voice contest, he made it to second place with 5.5 octaves. Some Patton dude won with full six octaves.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Oh I LOVE that song!!!! Thank you! I knew you would come through for me!

Wine for breakfast eh? That would mellow me out, not wake me up. Want some coffee with that wine?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Actually there was a big fat spider just about to go to the room. And i took care of it (read: i shouted to our Australian friend timely to take care of it as my voice cracked in fear)

That was only a baby !

I gave it " the look " and it ran outside.
My work here is done ! πŸ˜ŽπŸ•ΈπŸ•·

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

a reply to: Finspiracy Want some coffee with that wine?

That is a question which is harder than you think to answer. You know, i am not sure if i am in a hangover or if i am drunk. And sometimes coffee multiplies my hangover. It gets really mental then. Anxiety and stuff, you know. Here is another video, an educational one, which i can fully agree with. It reminds me about last decade (let's say 2001-2009) and then i quit using.

For some reason, i want lightspeed to watch this also.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join