It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 20

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Now this girl has her head on right!

"Never date an onion that makes you cry."

"Humans are weird, and I want to be a mermaid."
edit on 21/8/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Never date an onion that makes you cry."

I dated a guy who had more layers than an onion, and he made me cry.
Turned out to be a narcissistic, sociopathic , lying jerk.

I’m getting wiser.. I don’t date anymore😆... because I have a bad habit of picking less than stellar men. That’s my fault entirely.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: Nyiah

OMG, I'm always picking up rocks too! That made me laugh. My friends and Sister chuckle when they see me bending over to pick up yet another rock. If it's not rocks, it's gemstones and crystals from the metaphysical shop. Ha! I love her interests! She must be a very interesting little girl.

Lol, you two would be great rock hunting buddies then

If you also forget about rocks in your pants pockets and put them through the wash as well, you're definitely cut from the same collector cloth

I think I enjoy making things unpleasant for myself, though this one is sort of necessary. I decided today would be a good day to....wash the stairwell walls. Which is fine and dandy for the parts I can reach by hand, the rest of them require an old, repurposed Swiffer floor duster to reach.
(Quick pro-tip: Swiffer floor dusters, the kind you put the wet/dry pads on, work extremely well with microfiber car cloths if you have the kind with the toothed "catches" to push the fabric into to secure it)

I've never done so much acrobatics before just to reach really high places and not fall down. Trying to clean the ceiling of the stairwell was actually rather dizzying. The walls go all the way up to the roof (well, save for the small space between the ceiling and roof, obviously, but you get the point) I wouldn't call it a vaulted stairwell per se, but it's close. I wouldn't consider using a ladder, they're old, steep stairs. I'd probably end up jostling the ladder off a stair and breaking my neck.

I don't know how nobody noticed how the walls had slowly gone from a slightly satiny shiny finish to dull, but we did. They're quite dusty, to say the least, even though you really can't tell by looking. It's only obvious after you wipe a section down, and then you can definitely tell. I guess that's the natural end result of nearly 4 years of outdoor dust, pollen, dirt, etc getting carried in the windows & through the house on the air currents.

I'm only half finished, I guess I should get back to it. The walls are not going to wash themselves

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Light, that kid cracks me up! Glad you enjoyed the vid! LOL

Nyiah, The only place I forgot some rocks were in my purse. I wondered why it was heavier than usual. LOL
Hope by now, your dusting is done and over with.

OMG, the movie Alpha was just awesome!!!! What a story! The scenery was amazing as well.

edit on 21-8-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

You are a really good writer as I must emphasize again . You had me enthralled with your description of cleaning. There was a plot, a protagonist, you, an antagonist, time and ignorance. Your acute perspective of the "crime scene" and your curios unraveling, leading to a solution. Even objective observations.

Sorry I know you were writing about your day, I applaud your fervor, which I "envy". But you do write very well, that distracted me.
I have made a mental note of "The Swiffer Floor Duster Car Cloth" suggestion. Walls are a pain.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

OMG, the movie Alpha was just awesome!!!!

I want to see that movie, the trailer had me in tears. Good for you it was a great experience.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Oh Wis, you would absolutely LOVE this movie! I would like to own it on DVD when it comes out! I can't even find the words to describe it!

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

I vaguely recall it, Lucid, perhaps you could repost it or link it. I like you writing.
Perhaps you could tell a tell a about how you are faring?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Found it!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I do hope Lucid returns soon!

Man, I need a nap! LOL

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Man, I need a nap! LOL

No stay awake. Take a tweezer and pull out your nose hair. What ever it takes.
I have really weird stuff to tell.
EDIT
OK it is sleepy time, I get it.

I need to retire too soon. It was very odd though and related to the Shed.
edit on 21-8-2018 by WalkInSilence because: crap

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I'm still up. I got distracted on facebook. LOL

Tell me your weird stuff.

Pull out my nose hair? Bahaha!

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
For those who are down and out, sometimes you have to grab the universe by it's proverbial throat and yell out loud and clear:

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I see night posted it already. I'm well enough, staying at my brother's house of late. Still the same mentally as always, which is to say, not well. Still struggling to apply myself, or even know myself, to be honest.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: LucidWarrior
Still the same mentally as always, which is to say, not well. Still struggling to apply myself, or even know myself, to be honest.

I see we have similar issues to deal with. I wish you strength as you walk your path, it may lead to something better, or easier.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

And for you as well, bro.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Awww, Gentlemen, your thoughtfulness, kindness and love are appreciated by all I'm sure. Love you guys!

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Good to see the shed is still going strong star.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Well hello there! How have you been Hun?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Sometimes healing is an ongoing process and it is comforting to have our fellow Shed family by our sides.

edit on 22-8-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 02:02 AM
link   

That reminded me of an old meme. It has a tiny kitten with a sad face and a text "You were gone forever, i counted!"

ETA: I searched it

edit on 22-8-2018 by Finspiracy because: cat added

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join