It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 20

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Awwww, you are just the sweetest thing Fin! I am wishing Wis all the very best in her job search.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Bahahaha! Yes I will gladly chat with you, but you have to share your wine or beer or whatever you have.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Bahahaha! Yes I will gladly chat with you, but you have to share your wine or beer or whatever you have.

Yeah dear, i have enough wine to make you bathe in it. Let's not give anything to pixies or they will fly and hit the walls!

I also want to tell that i appreciate the compliments i get here all the time. I am not that good at receiving them, but they feel good nevertheless. It matters to me a lot.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Ok, I promise I won't give any to the pixies. You deserve compliments Fin. You are always here for others and make us smile and share great music. What's not to love?

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mike Stivic

Walkinsilence,
You sound to be of much better spirits after leaving that awful environment ! I'm so happy you have decided to move on, and are taking some time for YOU!

Thank you, I am rapidly healing, taking time to putz in the garden, go for long walks with the dogs read and just re-connect with "me" has restored my sanity. Partially
Now I just need a source of income.
I love my trees, I grow willow for live weaving and shape Siberian elm and Common Buckthorn into topiary. It takes patience and years to do. I have trees growing in tree stumps and a few I have nurtured from seedlings or very small.
I like utilizing the plants others consider "weeds". For example, Siberian Elm is very easy to shape, it is hardy in our climate and tolerates being cut. It just sprouts right back. Boxelder is also a good hedge plant. Apple trees and using wild grapes are my future projects. Patience.
The dogs are a constant joy, though we haven't been swimming since I contracted "Swimmers Itch" a nasty condition. UFF

Okay gang , showered and watched jeopardy, I was kicking ass..
You shower before jeopardy? I get all worked up and need one after.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Thank You

You are such a darn considerate sweet heart, that I had to give you a granny Hug/Smooch.
You made me feel loved.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

I love trees!!! It's awesome that you grow and nurture them. I always wonder what kind of stories trees could tell if they could communicate with us. Some are so very old and must have seen so much.

AWWWW foxes!!!!!!

edit on 20-8-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

You do me too much honour, night.

a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

My best wishes, sir blue

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

No I don't. You deserve that honour/honor.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Me thinks Fin fell asleep from too much wine. That or he's bathing in it.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Yes, what tales could they tell. I have always been fascinated by trees and rocks, boulders, bed rock. Rocks are even older and they seem so solid but a tree can with its infinite patience penetrate a rock. To me that is amazing. There is an alchemy going on there.
I wish I could hear their stories. The great boulders that traveled thousands of miles over thousands of years. The trees that are descendants of seed that traveled with the boulders through the ice. There is so much history, so many things we can not grasp because we are "quick" beings, but life is slow, the earth is slow.
I like to sit by an old tree, a boulder or bedrock and "listen".
I have a stone. Maggy I call it. It is determined to be a solid magnitite with some quarz and hemitite from an ancient vulcanic eruption moved by the glaciers. Fifty pounds compounded into a rather small entity.

So old, from the core of this earth resting now on my wood stove after thousands of years of wandering.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

YES!!!!

I have a thing for rocks too and always wonder just how old they are. Kind of leaves me in awe and other people are like...it's just a rock. Gah! We have a lot of quartz around here with inclusions of other things in some. I'll be going to my metaphysical shop soon. Maybe I can find some gem that speaks to me.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I wrote the shed a story about a rock once, because night wanted a story

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

YES! Leave the link. Now if I ask nicely will you write another story?

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Love this young lady!

edit on 20-8-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Boo ! Muuuuaaaahhh 😜

Bored silly ... waiting to get sleepy 😴

I spy .. with my little eye .. I see something ...🤔
Are these visions of real life ? 😳

Ok... I’m gonna leave now 😏

OK Go ?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Thinking of all the members having to deal with fires in Australia. 😕

Hoping and praying for a good outcome.

Stay safe !!

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Thanks. I prefer fires this time of year as opposed to in the heat of summer. Burns off the fuel load so it is not there in summer.

Having said that ... it is not nice to have any fire coming towards you.

Australia and fires tend to go together due to our native flora.

Eucalyptus trees burn really well. Very flammable!

And loonies took these wonderful trees and spread them over the West Coast of the US.

Idiots. They were told ... but apparently we didn't know the US of A.

P

edit on 21/8/2018 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Thanks for the info pheonix358. It’s good to have a better understanding.

Eucalyptus trees burn really well. Very flammable!

Once they burn, do they sprout back up again ? Lol.. not sure how these things work. I believe ash can act as fertilizer ?
Would be nice if they didn’t grow back, and you could plant a different species that is more fire retardant.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Found the answer to my question pheonix.. interesting stuff.

wildfiretoday.com...

Those trees must smell awesome when not burning. Wonder how they smell when all that flammable oil gets combusted.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join