It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 20

page: 189
<< 186  187  188    190  191  192 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

No plans this weekend. Christmas is when we do our family get togethers. Honestly, I knew it was a holiday weekend, but forgot it was Thanksgiving. You remembered and it isn't even an American Holiday lol. Do you have a holiday this weekend? I know your Thanksgiving is in Nov.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Too quiet in here!

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The Doors Rock!

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer
Indood they dee. (The Doors, that is. Rock. Or rocked, when they were still swinging Doors.)

My weak attempts at something like humour.

Hi Gordi and hi everyone. Just dropping in this Saturday night.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Is anyone around? Would be glad to talk a bit with you folks.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

It is Columbus Day weekend for us. Here in my city there is an Autumnfest going on with crafts, entertainment, food...and I can't go.

One of my dearest friends lives in Canada, the one I talk to every day. That is how I knew about your Thanksgiving.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Good song Brent!

Hiya Gordi!

Hiya Milke!
How are you and our dear Dada?

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
If DB has them you might not want them back. They might be a little...brown...and smell funny.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Hmmm, I didn't think of that. Good point. LOL

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Hi, 'Raine. Dada is getting along pretty well, all things considered, but I'm having a rough patch right now.

For some months I was getting some pain in my right hip area and just figured the joint was slowly wearing out, so as it was bearable with some ibuprofen and paracetamol I didn't worry about it too much. I figured if it eventually neededmajor treatment I'd cross that bridge when I came to it.

Then around Thurs last week it suddenly got worse. Severe pain all down into my right leg and even to my toes. Like, struggling-to-walk kind of severe. Friday was a national holiday here and then we had the weekend, so I couldn't get to the doc til Monday. Long story short, he sent me for x-rays and also prescribed me some opiate painkiller medicine.

On Tuesday when I went back to him, he showed me the results: I have a herniated disc, I think between L5 and S1, and also l4-L5 looks pretty bad as well. He called it a "catastrophe" as it was so bad. So as the first pain medicine had not helped much and he now knew I was opiate-tolerant, he started me on something even stronger -- a fentanyl patch. 25 ug per hour, slow release. (ug = micrograms. A milligram of this stuff could be lethal to most people.)

Back again on Wed a.m. I told him the patch hadn't done much. Well, it had zero effect, really. So he gave me a fentanyl SL 100 ug tab. (SL means sub lingua -- dissolve under the tongue.) It helped a little and I wasn't adversely affected. (I stayed under obs in his office, which is usual with a first dose of this stuff.) So he gave me a scrip for them. In the p.m. I saw a neurologist after he arranged an urgent consult with her. She said it looked bad, and I should get a CT scan done in hospital asap. She also recommended I have an opiate-based drip (in the dr's rooms) every morning, plus continue with the fentanyl.

I started the narco-drip routine Thurs am. Mesocaine and a couple of others in the mix in one drip bag. The drip doesn't seem to do much for me (which kind of stunned the doc and sister as it should have me practically floating away), but it provides a safe basis for the ongoing fentanyl tablet use. The doc also arranged an urgent CT for me at the nearest major hospital. He knows my situation with Dada as he assessed her a few months back.

I went to the hospital by ambulance on Friday as the doc decided it was too risky for me to drive any longer distance and it's about 20 miles away, so he booked it for me both ways.

Had the CT within ten minutes of arrival, then back in the ambulance and back home. The scans have to be reviewed by a neurosurgeon who will then email the results to my doc, so there was no point waiting around.

Now I'm just waiting out the weekend and will call the doc early Monday a.m. to see if he has the results of the scan -- and also get a time for my next drip. Hopefully also on Monday a.m.

Not even 2x 100 ug Fentanyl tabs a time help much now, so I am just walking as little as possible. But I still need to look after Dada, cook her meals etc etc. I won't risk going to three tabs without the doc being right there. It's very easy to OD with this stuff so I just have to put up with it.

So, not the happiest news. But at least my doc's been great and has really pushed to get me some help as fast as possible.

And apologies for the long post. I tried to keep it to the bare basics but you know how I am: I always write too much!

edit on 6/10/18 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Oh Hunny, I am so sorry to hear this!

You have enough to worry about and now this. You sound like you are in good hands though with your Doctor. I will pray for you and hope for the best possible outcome. Big warm hug!

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Thank you, 'Raine. All hugs much appreciated.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Thoughts and good wishes for yourself and Dada, Mike !

Just what you did not need ! I hope your Docs get this sorted ASAP !

( who cares for the carer ?! )

P.S. Bathurst race day today ! 😎
edit on 6-10-2018 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Good evening Shed family...

I'm not caught up in here and I owe some emails...just wanted to say "hi" as I'm not feeling good and won't be staying online long.

I went to visit Tracy at the hospital this afternoon, but started to feel funny and nearly passed out (could have been stress due to seeing her in the psyche ward). So I came home and had a nap, then had some oatmeal and tea. The feeling has passed but it scared me and I feel really tired so will likely try to sleep.

I hope everyone is good, if not I send you a *squishy hug*, and hopefully I will be back tomorrow to read what I've missed.
Love to all, jacy

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Mike I am so sorry to hear this.

When will your trials end, so many years? I have no words, just tears in those tears there is a prayer.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Jacy, look after yourself and rest. Stress and not eating can certainly cause you to feel close to passing out or it could be any number of things. I worry about you being there by yourself. I am sending you lots of love and pray you feel better soon. Love you! Hugs!

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Hello Timely!

Hello Wis!

Tired and watching movies here, but didn't want you guys to think I was ignoring you.

Ok, back to my movie.

Love to all!
edit on 6-10-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Hey Sweet Pea, I am to tired to say anything intelligent or any thing at all.

Just a hug.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
….didn't want you guys to think I was ignoring you.
Love to all!

Ignori
I am too tired to even notice.

But I had to come in and take look a round.
Love you too. ZZZZzzzzzz

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Enjoy your movie Night ... you got popcorn ?

🍿

new topics

top topics

<< 186  187  188    190  191  192 >>

join