It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 20

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Errollorre

...This is a very good song Gordi!
Well done.
I played it for Gail and she also thought it was great.

Thanks Tom,
It was a wee bit different from my usual stuff and it ended up being very different from how I originally saw it (it my head!!) but I'm reasonably happy with how it turned out.
cheers!

Man-Hugs to you (Gail's had enough hugs!!!! ROFL)

G

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Oh dear, take a deep breath and hold it
are you blue yet? Exhale...

...Just calm down and breath through your feet.

I thought of posting "The Tide is Turning" but it seemed to political.

Oh, I am calm... Very calm.

Roger Waters?

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 03:21 AM
link   

btw - if something is observed to be a possible contributor to a situation or event, there is no logical precedent for saying that it is fully responsible for that situation or event. At no time did I say (or even imply) that man was fully responsible for the current spate of natural disasters. My suggestion that we should stop messing with mother nature was my way of saying that we may be contributing to these issues and that it would probably be in our best interests to desist!

My apologies if the following quote from you came off as an implication that man was fully responsible for what is happening now on the planet.

Time for us humans to stop messing with mother nature in my opinion. I reckon she's starting to bite back!

Apparently, I didn’t quite get the jest of your implication, so once again, my apologies if I misconstrued what you were intending to say.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 03:38 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

No worries.
G

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   
btw - I'm not a big fan of "subtle" (or not-so-subtle) digs and sarcasm.

I am VERY aware of them and can use them myself to good effect where appropriate, but I don't think that the Shed is the place to use such tactics at this time, with so many people here going through so much in RL.

I'll just leave it there.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Don't mind if I do! It's a lovely vocalist.

ETA I type too slow. I've put the whisky in the bookcase behind the Men's Guide To Home Embroidery Volumes 1-3 Fully Colour Illustrated, no one will ever look there. The mop and bucket were getting too well-known.
Shhh....!
edit on 19/8/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer
btw - I'm not a big fan of "subtle" (or not-so-subtle) digs and sarcasm.

I am VERY aware of them and can use them myself to good effect where appropriate, but I don't think that the Shed is the place to use such tactics at this time, with so many people here going through so much in RL.

I'll just leave it there.

Thank you for that. I feel at the receiving end of sarcasm and digs here in the Shed ( by some )..but I don’t let it bother me.

I genuinely care about all Sheddites and wish them the best, despite their personal feelings about me.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

Oh, I am calm... Very calm.

Knowing you, that sounds intimidating.

Roger Waters?
The very same.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Hey Light, do you still have your foot?
So you have that infamous collection, it is very rare. No wonder you guys were always fighting about who got to wash the floors.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Dedicated to a personal friend that lurks this thread on occasion. Thank you 😊

edit on 19-8-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

I do have my foot still. I tested it yesterday by hobbling at least 2 miles. (I thought the metro/subway/tube would be too busy on a saturday to fit a bike in. I was wrong.) It is slowly, very slowly improving. It hurts still but a little less and I can walk, slowly.

ETA And we weren't fighting over who gets to mop the floor, we were having a technical discussion regarding the most effective sweeping motion to use in order to maximise the efficiency of said mopping process. And it's thirsty work too.

edit on 19/8/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Hello my Lovelies! Happy Sunday! Hungry? I set the table outside.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Hello my Lovelies! Happy Sunday! Hungry? I set the table outside.

How lovely.. I will definitely partake in this beautiful breakfast outside.

G’morning Night .

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I'm in! Bacon, sausages, hash-browns, toast and coffee please. And if it's not too much trouble, two poached egg-yolks please.

Oh, and good morning.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Hi Sheye and Light! Gladyou could join me on this fine day! Kya kitty decided to lay down in front of my keyboard and it is difficult to type over his body. That, and he is swishing his tail and almost knocking things off the table. At least he is quiet. Good Lord, can that cat talk. Wish I knew what the hell he was saying.

I noticed that if he is meowing a lot, he will quiet down if I talk to him. We have entire conversations. LOL Normally I would have at least one other cat, but we can't have another cat. I think he would be happier with a little companion. We have purchased every kind of toy imaginable, but he's like...yeah whatever. Nothing seems to capture his attention for very long. He sure does like playing with humans though.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Siamese are a breed apart. Possibly the most touchy-feely of cat races. I saw a youtube clip of a woman who went to shower and the Siamese just followed her because otherwise it couldn't see what she got up to in the bathroom. Most cats exit the room quickly as soon as someone turns on the shower. Not this cat...

Toys can be hit or miss too. Mostly they just want attention. And be quick about it! Belly-rub!

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

He gets lots of attention that's for sure. But, yes be quick about it is right! I have owned so many breeds throughout the years and had some that liked to talk, but this Siamese....OMG! LOL

Kya loves to follow us into the bathroom. Water doesn't bother him, as long as he doesn't have to be in it. He is quiet right now so he must be napping. Shhhhh!

Now where did you say you were hiding that booze? Never mind, I'll have the pixies whip me up a special brew.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Spirit Cat Card Reading

Magic Maker
Meet Lynx. She is a sorceress, a shaman and a witch cat. She is the part of you that creates a magical brew of intention and actions that results in manifestations beyond your wildest dreams. She can usher in deep healing and revolutionary transformations. Turn inward, connect to the powerful current of life force, and conduct that energy into creations for the good of all. You have everything you need within you. Don't hold back. The world needs your magic. Claim your place at the table of dreamers and magic makers. Lynx will meet you there.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
ETA And we weren't fighting over who gets to mop the floor, we were having a technical discussion regarding the most effective sweeping motion to use in order to maximise the efficiency of said mopping process. And it's thirsty work too.

If I ever need a lawyer, you will be my first choice. This is a very plausible excuse and you made the jury laugh. You are hired, that is if you dare to defend me?

As for the bikes. Doesn't Holland have "public" bikes, like they do in Denmark in the larger cities or is that a remnant of the past? I am pleased to hear you still have two feet and you are improving.
A wonderfully curious personality, some one I would have enjoyed bumping into, on leave, and recalling latter "Such a very inspiring being".

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join