It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 20

page: 148
<< 145  146  147    149  150  151 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Have fun! We will hold down the fort

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

I agree. We'll all blame Autorico if stuff is messed up when you come back.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

I'll just say the pixies gave me a roofie colada and I passed out. Hopefully they don't draw horrendous pics of stars, moons and unicorns on my face again

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I had a song come to mind today, I think it's right up The Shed's alley

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I just screwed up eggy bread. I'm ashamed but glad I don't have kids.

"Sorry kids, Daddy carbonised the egg and bread again. Maybe tomorrow will be better..."

ETA Nice song. Sorry, I was burning things.

edit on 28/9/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

I just screwed up eggy bread. I'm ashamed but glad I don't have kids.

"Sorry kids, Daddy carbonised the egg and bread again. Maybe tomorrow will be better..."

ETA Nice song. Sorry, I was burning things.

I'm gambling with setting off the fire alarm in my own home again tonight, so either way, one of us is in good company

I'm trying to roast a whole chicken for dinner, without undercooking some part or another of it, drying it out or burning it badly, but also aiming for a crisp skin. In other words, "Will she, or won't she, set off the fire alarm?"

Hopefully it turns out tasting well, it smells really good. It's just seasoned with the Herbs de Provence blend, a little garlic, and some black pepper. I added a tiny bit of butter between the skin and breast meat, hoping that helps prevent it from drying out.

Here soon, I'll be thawing and roasting the duck in the freezer for the annual autumn duck dinner. It's not a favorite meal by consensus, but the Older Kid and I LOVE duck. Younger kid and my husband don't really like duck much, but they'll eat it one in a while.
It's literally the only meat I've ever cooked and NEVER ruined. I can't cook anything else worth a damn, but I can roast an excellent, practically perfect duck, no problem. I can't figure it out, it must have something to do with the fat content in duck o.O

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Is Night Star still out shopping??

(She better have treats for all of us.)

It's getting late, young lady...and people worry. You better check in soon and let us know you're okay!

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl
Is Night Star still out shopping??

(She better have treats for all of us.)

It's getting late, young lady...and people worry. You better check in soon and let us know you're okay!

If she's getting donuts, I hope there's eclairs. One of those sounds good right now with a cup of coffee outside in the cool breeze

For me, the weather is just right out there (about 50*) and immediately had me humming Moondance -- Michael Buble's version

Now that's some good chair dancing stuff right there

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Aww...your evening sounds lovely...cool breeze, eclairs and coffee (and that song!).

It's a little less lovely around here tonight.
I just went out for one last smoke...it's absolutely pouring rain (must have just started).

I could barely light my soggy cigarette but before I gave up and went back in I saw something move in an outside window sill. It was a cute little mouse who looked like he was taking shelter from the rain.
(Or he is trying to find a way inside so he can pop out sometime and scare the crap outta me.)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I almost had KFC. But... As always dog got all the chicken.
However... The biscuit was good

edit on 28-9-2018 by Pinocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Pinocchio

Hey Pinocchio!

Your dog got the chicken and you had the biscuit?
That's a lucky dog.

My friend has 3 dogs and they're all pretty spoiled. One of them, a dainty little female daschund likes to steal my tea when I'm not looking.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Hey jacygirl...

he has a hard life. he rejects any and all meals til I sit down myself to eat. he makes a big out of meal time. only I don't know if he's happy to be with me or if the meats are happier times in the day.

also.. tea thieves are at it again, eh????

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pinocchio

Lol,I'm guessing that was a voluntary forfeiture of said KFC rather than theft, correct?

I had a Boston Terrier once that was a 4-legged vacuum, I really did almost rename him Hoover at one point. I'd ordered a pizza for dinner, and as soon as I walked back in the door with it, I dropped it. I remember it in slow-mo, the box flipping to face down and opening, and the dog running to it like someone stuffed a lit firecracker up his ass.

By the time I'd managed to drag him away from the mess (he was one of those strong "Dog walks YOU" kind of animals) there wasn't much left, he'd inhaled all the good toppings. Damn dog had nuclear-level pepperoni farts for a week

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: Pinocchio

Lol,I'm guessing that was a voluntary forfeiture of said KFC rather than theft, correct?

I had a Boston Terrier once that was a 4-legged vacuum, I really did almost rename him Hoover at one point. I'd ordered a pizza for dinner, and as soon as I walked back in the door with it, I dropped it. I remember it in slow-mo, the box flipping to face down and opening, and the dog running to it like someone stuffed a lit firecracker up his ass.

By the time I'd managed to drag him away from the mess (he was one of those strong "Dog walks YOU" kind of animals) there wasn't much left, he'd inhaled all the good toppings. Damn dog had nuclear-level pepperoni farts for a week

While I feel your pain and also sympathize with the dog ... I just can't stop laughing. I'm almost dying.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Oh that's sweet! I think he's happy to be with you for sure...but yeah dogs always seem to be happy when there's food involved.
(tea thieves, eh? I almost spit my tea out laughing when I read that!)

My friend's dogs always expect me to share with them when I eat something at her place. The male daschund sits up like a meerkat and whines until I give him some. (his wife is the tea thief)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I only have the one dog. But... he stares at the food, and then when I make eye contact with him he lowers head a bit and then politely sticks the tip of his tongue out. Gets me every time. I know what its like to be hungry. I've been hungry for ten years. Ever since I got him. But he makes up for it. I'm deaf in one ear, so he works extra hard to alert me about the JWs on the weekend mornings.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Oh geez hun...you're feeding your dog better than you feed yourself?
I was like that last year when it was just me and my cat...but you should make sure you get some of the chicken too next time.

It sounds like you two have a good understanding of each other. I miss having a fur baby but I'm not ready just yet. For now I get my doggy cuddles when I go to visit my friend.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
BOO!
It's a little early but...

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Hello to whoever is still here!

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

There she is!

We were just keeping the home fires burning until you returned.

top topics

<< 145  146  147    149  150  151 >>

join