It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 20

page: 146
<< 143  144  145    147  148  149 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
I'm too upset to even post. I will be back whenever.

Take all the time you need, just don't forget to come back! Who would bring the donuts if you didn't?
I think I speak for nearly every Sheddite when I say we understand, thoroughly. Be kind to yourself and rest your mind < hugs >

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Damla

* Smiles your way ...

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Good Morning Shed!
So nice to read back and see updates from friends who have been busy and MIA.

It's finally stopped raining here in Tennessee (my part anyway) and sunny skies are supposed to be on the way. We've weathered through the storms just like we have and will continue to do, here, in the Shed.

I spoke to my sister last night and my sister in law and she does not sound well. She sounds very tired and is not eating, not able to really...I've picked up on some clues while talking with them the past month or so and liver cancer being what it is and Alzheimer being what it is...I think they will decide their fate and I believe that they will decide to "go" together.

Now, I may sound uncaring but believe I am not. I have just become at ease since my brother/nephew decided to take his own life that it was his own life and he did everything in his power to assuage the unpleasantness that his death brought. Me wanting him to stay alive, in all of his misery, would have been selfish of me.

So, I think I can feel that way about my sister and whatever decisions are best for them. They are still in their "right" mind and are both retired, old school, nurses so they know what is coming and they know how to make things as easy as possible. It's not my choice but, it IS theirs.

Phew! I said it out loud.

There are tiny rays of sunshine peeking out from behind the clouds, sometimes we just have to look a little more closely to see them.

(((hugs))) and love to all of you.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Something trippy to start your day

edit on 28-9-2018 by Autorico because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Need a little time to wake up? Wake up!

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Leave me lyin' here cause I don't wanna go

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Sounds like someone started early today...

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Lol yea I woke up before 7 am

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

Lol yea I woke up before 7 am

For you:

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hi sweetheart,
I hope you are rested and feeling better.

Your love and light is needed by so many of us.
*hugs*

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Good morning! I hope you have some coffee nearby.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Morning Nyiah. Sorry to hear your sister is so sick. Cancer is a real nasty and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I've seen lung cancer from close by (and yes, I still smoke like a chimney) At the risk of sounding fatalistic, certain cancer types always result in death within 5 years in 90%+ of cases sometimes.

I understand that being Debby Downer with patients is not the way either but it frustrates me that they drip feed patients small hopes in a carrot on a stick style. And yes, a nurse knows. They've seen it all at work, good and bad. I truly believe people should have the choice in terminal and oft-times frightening times.

My dad was a nurse when younger. A soldier technically too, but a nurse in the Royal Army Medical Corps. Apparently I embarrassed him in public once when I was a little boy. We were sitting on a bus going somewhere and there was a bill-board of a nurse advertising some product or service or other and I saw it. I had recently learned that my daddy was also a (male) nurse so apparently I asked him if he wore a dress like the lady in the advert when he was working. In a loud voice. The bus was apparently quite full, he told me as an adult. I've always had this gift... questions.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Hell yeah! I'm only on my first cup though, so it may take a while before I can get dressed. I have to get groceries and stuff later though, so I'd better wake up soon.

Did anyone feed the lurkers yet? I'll throw out freshly baked donuts in case.

I miss your story entries with your Sister dragons. Will we ever get to read more?

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

Hi sweetheart,
I hope you are rested and feeling better.

Your love and light is needed by so many of us.
*hugs*

How did I miss this post??????

I'm very tired. I hope I feel better later. How are you today Love?

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Chirp, my heart goes out to you and your family. It's a lot for you to take in and deal with. If it is their choice to go together, I agree that they should. I think when my Mom passed away, she was holding on for me and when I told her it was ok to go, she died that night. I figured there must have been one hell of a reunion with my Dad in Heaven. I believe they are both in a better place.

We will be here for you as always. I love seeing you back home and am thankful to have you back with us.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I love that song!!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Hello Autorico!

Hello Intrepid!

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Hey...you found me. ☺

I didn't know I had mail...now you have mail.

Hi everybody! *waving*

top topics

<< 143  144  145    147  148  149 >>

join