It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 20

page: 134
<< 131  132  133    135  136  137 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I was chair dancing to that. You know, when you're too lazy to get up and actually dance, but you're bopping to the music. LOL

No fighting with the vacuum today? Hope you don't catch that cold that's going around your house.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

I was chair dancing to that. You know, when you're too lazy to get up and actually dance, but you're bopping to the music. LOL

No fighting with the vacuum today? Hope you don't catch that cold that's going around your house.

Chair dancing, I know it well!

Nah, I decided to not vacuum today, gave all the sickies a break from unnecessary noise. I haven't caught the cold bug yet, but I certainly expect to at some point. I made a pot of cabbage soup last night and have been steadily dipping in it, hoping it helps ward the damn thing off.

Unfortunately, since I'm the only one who likes cabbage soup, I'm stuck with the entire pot to myself. It's a decent soup, even though the carrots over-sweetened it (a dash of vinegar in the pot solves that issue) It's a hearty mix of cabbage, carrots, potatoes, leeks and purple bell peppers (courtesy of a neighbor with a container garden bumper crop) I've also changed up the herbs a bit and added tablespoon of Herbs de Provence, that lavender really adds something nice you can't quite put your finger on. I also tried to balance it with some ground mustard, which also added a nice hearty background to it. It was a gamble, but it's a nice mix of hearty, comforting flavors. I usually just add oregano, sage, rosemary, garlic & black pepper (the latter are always in the soup regardless of anything else) but felt like a change.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Lavender in soup, how marvelous! I'll have to try that.
Is that something you just thought to try or did you see it in a recipe somewhere?

I have eaten violets from my yard before and decorative edible flowers on my plate in a restaurant. Love it!

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Hi.

I found a new song from Disturbed. Uploaded 3 days ago. Great stuff, i could fully relate. Loved the ending.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Love it!

"I won't give up, so don't give in.
You've fallen down, but you will rise again

I won't give up..."

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Goodnight people of the shed!

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Nigh night Night !

Sweet dreams ( I nearly typed "sweat dreams" but you have A/C now lol.) !

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 03:34 AM
link   

yaaay! delight
i love them too.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 03:37 AM
link   
youtu.be...

Enjoy.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Lavender in soup, how marvelous! I'll have to try that.
Is that something you just thought to try or did you see it in a recipe somewhere?

I have eaten violets from my yard before and decorative edible flowers on my plate in a restaurant. Love it!

Herbs de Provence is a French herb blend (like Italian herb blend) It can vary a bit, from what I know of it. Some brands & recipes include lavender, some don't. It's not exactly a set-in-stone blend, it evidently just represents herbs commonly used in food in the Provence region of southern coastal France (think Marseilles, Nice, Cannes, Avignon) The blends usually have at least Thyme, Oregano, Savory, Rosemary and Marjoram. Aside from Lavender, I think mine also includes Tarragon in the blend.

So far, it seems to go well with cabbage. I assume it probably would work for other light soups like chicken based ones, too. I also discovered it makes for a fantastic beef roast of the "low and slow" cooked variety, too

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Hi! I just wanted to wish everyone a good day.

Drinking beer... wanna know what happened? Beer dragon came to visit me. Here we are chilling and listening to music from youtube. Anyone wanna join

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Drinking beer ... on the phone. 🙄

Back soon. 😎

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Here's a trivia question ...

Where do the lyrics; "One bourbon, One scotch ... One beer " come from ?

( I know the answer 😎 )

Possible thread ?

Correct answer has next crack ...

edit on 24-9-2018 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

Drinking beer ... on the phone. 🙄

Back soon. 😎

So let me get this right. You are drinking beer, on the phone. That tells me that you have a phone, and on top of that phone, there is a beer, and that is your way of drinking? That does not sound too practical!

I sometimes spill my beer just as a beer, not trying to drink it from in top of a phone.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Almost spat my beer with your interpretation ! Hahaha !

Moar beer !

😎🤣

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

We need more shed bro's with their brewskies!

Pixies have promised snacks ( not sure I trust them ) and dancing pixies ( PG rated ! )

Who's keen ?

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   
* exhibition of a Man talking to himself ...

BOO !!

Sings a quiet kill any, kisses some fairies ( and needed to actually Slap!! A few or two. Well , one of them .... )

Lullaby.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I invited two friends to come to my place and go to sauna. Me and other friend are drinking beer and the third one has some booze and orange juice to drink. I don't feel like going to sauna so i skipped. So a post here to say hello!

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Thought I'd pop in for a minute, those donuts in the bushes were AWFUL!!!!

(It's the thought that counts, right?)

I'll just be hanging out reading the latest threads and I DID finally find the AMA...only took what felt like forever. There's an hour or so I'll never get back! LOL

Everyone have a great Monday!

new topics

top topics

<< 131  132  133    135  136  137 >>

join