It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 20

page: 127
<< 124  125  126    128  129  130 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Thanks. *takes a long draft*
That helps.

My day was something of an unmitigated disaster. Until I got home to my family, then it was better.
Now I'm back at a coffee shop while Shepherdito #1 is in karate again. Going to post another episode of Falling in just a minute.

Then I might shut my mind off while I play Minecraft. Yes, I play Minecraft.

Hi Jacy! *waves*
ETA: Hi Night! *waves again*
edit on 9-21-2018 by PrairieShepherd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Right. And I recently discovered I'd tolerate the streets better than living with either of my parents again.

So if you ever see a meditating hobo just remember it could be he's taking a good nap

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

The middle class has disappeared, now either you're rich or you're poor.

What used to be considered upper middle class is now middle class.. I think. What used to be considered middle class is now considered poverty level. My mom stayed home , while dad worked to support a wife and six kids. She did work later, when most of us were grown..but I sure appreciated having my mom there in the mornings and after school, and on the weekends, when I was younger. Many young parents don’t have that option nowadays, and that is sad for family life.

I’m sorry you get lonely jacy . You’re a people person and it must be hard to be alone for long stretches of time.
I’m exactly the opposite... I really like being alone. I do enjoy visiting with others for a few hours here and there, but I love coming home to my empty apartment. Weird eh ?

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Oh geez, NB...I hope you're just joking and that's not a possible scenario for you!
I was almost homeless this past year and the thought scared me a lot.

Shep...sorry you had such a bad day (glad it got better once you got home).
No judgement on the game...I play Sugar Smash, lol.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I think I'm one of the people who is smack dab in the middle. We are not poor, but I wouldn't consider us wealthy either. I'm blessed to make enough that Mrs. Shepherd can stay home.

I'm with you - while i like being with other people, it is physically exhausting to me, and I can tolerate it for only so long before I need a break. After stuff like busy malls at Christmas time and big events like NFL games and the Minnesota State Fair, I need quiet and solitude. Darkness and brandy helps too.

But, Shepherdito #1 is an extrovert. It's an interesting mix to see that he gets his needs satisfied, since the other four of us are all introvers.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

Shep...sorry you had such a bad day (glad it got better once you got home).
No judgement on the game...I play Sugar Smash, lol.

Oh I know no one here in the Shed will judge. I admit to sitting with my computer facing a wall in the coffee shop, though, LOL.
I like the game because I was the kid who was inside building alien Lego cities in my room while the other kids were throwing rocks at each other in the street. Minecraft is like video Lego - you get to build massive bases and castles floating in the sky and explore deep dungeons. It's a fantasy writer's toyland. LOL

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I never saw a meditating hobo, but there was this homeless dude in the Skyways of Minneapolis who was the most cheerful, happiest, friendliest guy I have ever seen. Day after day, starting before I walked to work (which was usually around 6:30 AM) this guy was sitting there with nothing but his voice singing and greeting EVERYONE who walked by with a smile and a song. It was one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I'm really grateful that I was able to be a stay-at-home mom with my kids. I volunteered at the school and was on every committee that existed. I always thought that I would be able to work when they were grown, but a back injury changed all that.

I don't think it's weird that you like to go home to be alone. My attitude would likely be very different if the last year leading up to this hadn't been so completely traumatic.
I spent a lot of time alone in the past but this is the first time in my life that I have lived completely on my own. I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Somehow I always find a way, but have always lived paycheck to paycheck like most people.

I get kicked when I'm down just like anyone else.

edit on 21-9-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
You are stronger than you know, Jacy. Never forget that.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrairieShepherd

I never saw a meditating hobo, but there was this homeless dude in the Skyways of Minneapolis who was the most cheerful, happiest, friendliest guy I have ever seen. Day after day, starting before I walked to work (which was usually around 6:30 AM) this guy was sitting there with nothing but his voice singing and greeting EVERYONE who walked by with a smile and a song. It was one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

Now that brings a tear to my eye. It also makes me ashamed for not trying harder to put joy in my heart , to share with others , when I can .

I’m also happy to read Mrs. Shepherd has the freedom to stoke the home fires and be there for the little Shepherditos while you are at work.

Sounds like you have a happy growing family, and that always gives me a warm fuzzy feeling to read. Are any of your boys interested in literature, such as you ?

You really are a writer that could sell your work, and I hope that pans out for you someday.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
oooh, great music along the way while catching up!

Blue, glad you got your cast off!

For anyone needing prayers, positive or healing energy...I have decided in my light work, that I will burn a candle daily and meditate on a better outcome for all. I'll even place my beautiful gems around the candle. Everything is made of energy, so lets harness whatever we can eh? I have my amethyst Angel in that grouping, a large heart shaped selenite and other stones. with the candle in the center, it looks so beautiful.

edit on 21-9-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Oh thank you. I didn't mean to come across as "poor me".
I just know that I probably would have handled living alone better if everything had happened differently.

NB...I'm sorry you get kicked when you're down too.

It took me a long time to accept that life isn't fair. I was pretty naive/dumb for a lot of years.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

You will get used to living life n your own, eventually. Then you’ll meet someone, fall in love, and you’ll have to get used to living with somebody again.😉

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Well, #1 is a pretty voracious reader. He really enjoyed the How To Train Your Dragon books and is now working his way through The Wheel of Time. He has also decided, quite recently, that he would like to try his hand at writing stories. He's starting with fan fiction in the World of Warcraft universe.

#2 enjoys reading as well. He has read all of the Chronicles of Narnia books and Chronicles of Prydain by Lloyd Alexander, which is inspired by Welsh legend. He is also quite fond of the anthologies of Calvin and Hobbes, but really, who isn't?

#3 also enjoys Calvin and Hobbes, and the Magic Treehouse books about young Jack and Annie and their magical adventures.

All three of them, as well as Mrs. & I, love the Harry Potter series, particularly the audio versions. The voice actor who performs them, Jim Dale, does such an amazing job with each of the characters I really cannot express how good it is in words.

Oh, I know, Jacy. You are not someone I would expect to fish for validation in a pool of self-pity. It was merely an observation - we, myself included, rarely give ourselves enough credit in life.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Everything is made of energy, so lets harness whatever we can eh?

Eh? Someone has been hanging out with the Canadians, lol!

That sounds like a lovely idea though Night. Lots of people struggling who could use some prayers/love/positive thoughts.

Sheye...Shep really should be a professional writer. I became engrossed in "Falling" when I was reading it regularly. Now I'm afraid to go back to it and find out he's killed off some of my favourite characters!

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
oooh, great music along the way while catching up!

Blue, glad you got your cast off!

For anyone needing prayers, positive or healing energy...I have decided in my light work, that I will burn a candle daily and meditate on a better outcome for all. I'll even place my beautiful gems around the candle. Everything is made of energy, so lets harness whatever we can eh? I have my amethyst Angel in that grouping, a large heart shaped selenite and other stones. with the candle in the center, it looks so beautiful.

As much as I appreciate your sentiments..I don’t believe in gem healing... so skip the gem healing prayers in your “ light work “ for me and mine. Anyone willing to pray to Jesus for me and mine, I am eternally grateful for your prayers.

Different strokes for different folks and different sorts of prayers for different folks. 🙏🏼

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

It's like a cross, burning incense in church, those things in themselves don't heal. I love looking at these things from the earth, that God or the great creator or whatever one wishes to call the creator of all things has made.
Just little tools that enhance my spiritual awareness. No black magic or any evil intent whatsoever. I have said a hundred times that I do not follow any one religion or any particular path. I can speak with God without a middle man.

Anything that is offered with good and loving intention shouldn't be trampled upon. There have been many wise and spiritual men and women throughout time, each offering their own version of love and good will to the people around them. It never mattered to me if they were Catholic, Christian, Buddhist or whatever.

edit on 21-9-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

I think it's wonderful that your boys are reading, and such good choices too!
My kids all read a lot when they were younger and my girls still do (when they have time).

It makes me sad to see kids sitting in front of screens and monitors now, even really young ones. I noticed at the shelter that none of the young moms would sit and read stories to their kids because the moms were too busy checking facebook all the time. I sat and read with some of the young kids a few times and they really seemed to like it.
That's how they learn...from books. (not phones/iPads/tvs)

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Bah! I feel like a hypocrite. I have 4 screens in front of me right now.
The TV, laptop, tablet and phone.

Just went out for my last smoke of the night. It's dark and windy...kinda creepy...so I ran in and grabbed a brownie.

Laptop froze and now I can't tell who is online. I might be alone here now.
*runs into Shed kitchen and grabs a donut*

I am just the same in the Shed as I am in real life, lol.

top topics

<< 124  125  126    128  129  130 >>

join