It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 20

page: 108
<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

That Dutch coffee sounds great. I agree about the other stuff, too sweet for my liking.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Traditionally the Dutch drank coffee and the English drank tea. (Think colonialism.) Nowadays the trends seem to be reversed. They have all these gay and expensive flavoured teas in the supermarkets here in Holland. Thankfully they still have coffee and sometimes you can pick up a kilo (2.2 lbs) of ground coffee for five euro/dollar/pounds when it's on sale. I drink 4 mugs a day on a good day but drinking coffee after 5 p.m. keeps me awake unless there is MM.

edit on 18/9/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I take my sleeping meds with coffee lol. And yea, the MM helps a lot. Better than alcohol anyhow.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

It's quite a difference. Here in Holland they will prescribe you nothing. In the US and Canada (from what I've read on ATS though the years) they seem to dish them out quite easily. I wish MM was cheaper. I want to kill my neighbour. Is there a pill for that?

What's a popular Canadian band? Please, don't say Rush, I hate their music. Sorry. I'd need hard drugs to listen to them and even then I doubt it would be "good". They are gifted but .... I talk too much.

ETA

edit on 18/9/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

ETA2 I should add that my neighbour comes from a family of Jehova's Witnesses (I don't think he goes to "church" any more (any religion less than a thousand years old is a cult!)) but he thinks the Earth is flat. I kid you not. He's also arrogant, authoritarian and IMHO a complete and utter (insert random insult here). He has multiple piercings and an attitude to match. God help me.
edit on 18/9/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA2

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Hi guys.
I hope you don't mind but I have kind of been hanging out here with you today (in lurker mode).

I am really depressed and haven't got off my couch all day. It is what it is.

Just wanted to pop in and say hi.
Actually I laughed a little reading about your neighbour, Light.
The guy upstairs is blasting his stereo and I'm too apathetic to be angry, but it's annoying the heck outta me.
(I'm mumbling nasty things under my breath!)

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I haven't really listened to rush. The Tragically Hip are decent other than the lead singer just died

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Maybe your neighbour needs a bunch of angry hippies throwing hard, stale doughnuts at his window at 4 a.m.? "Ping...!"

I'm only here to help.
edit on 18/9/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Hello boys and girls and inbetweens.

It's just another day in Bedrock for me as the meds the cardiologist put me on are having some unpleasant side effects. As I have more heart test on Saturday and visit to him on Monday to see what his plan his I will gripe about the meds as I've taking them before and found them to be quite unpleasant.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

The song you posted is not available in my land mass according to youtube, so I googled another one they did.

ETA Let's all run and hide before Night gets back.
edit on 18/9/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Light...I love it! Can we use the stale ones?

Autorico...I like The Tragically Hip. My favourite Canadian band is Blue Rodeo, do you know them?

Blue...Hi hun. Sorry your meds are making you feel lousy. Are you only on them for now or are you supposed to take them long term?

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Most of the meds are for the long term. I'll just have to wait until Monday to see what options I have.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Concrete doughnuts are the best.

Blue, I know you are are a music lover. Music is timeless. Shake your booty even if you have that cast still on your foot. You can rest on my shoulder while you shake your booty.

edit on 18/9/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Hyphen!

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Well thats not good. Maybe he can prescribe an alternative that doesn't make you feel sick (if there is one).
At least you're getting your cast off soon...a little something that I'm sure you're looking forward to.

Light I thought you had gone into hiding. Thank you for playing dj for us.

Did Autorico turn back into Lurker-ico?

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Evening Folks! I'll have to catch up in here, but wanted you to know I'm here and had a lovely day. After lunch my Sister and I went to the metaphysical shop. I got some cool little treasures.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hey sweetie!
Glad you had a nice day. Looking forward to hearing about your new treasures.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I have 2 of their albums, 5 days in july and nowhere to here. Great band

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Oh that's awesome, I'm glad you like them too.
I have their greatest hits CD in the car and it's all I listen to right now.

I saw them in concert at a small town fair years ago and they were great. Last year they played up north near where one of my daughters lives and she said they still sound the same.
I have a lot of memories attached to their music.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Hi Hunny! I got myself a little Archangel Michael pendant, A few interesting gemstones a hematite ring which is extremely cheap, an Angel and a unicorn charm with something written on the back of each. A few items were gifts to put away for Christmas.

It was such a pleasure to see everyone posting. Sometimes I am gone all day, come in here and only one or two people have posted. So yeah, it was nice.

Sorry Blue that you aren't feeling well.

My lunch was one of those deals where you get a free dessert. I now have this big piece of chocolate fudge cake in the fridge screaming my name.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Aww, your treasures sound like the type of things I used to pick up too.

Yes The Shed has been busier lately which is great, I agree. I love coming to find 2 or 3 pages to read when I get here.

I just put the kettle on. I will share my tea if you share your chocolate fudge cake...?

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I will gladly share my cake with you, but no tea. The chocolate cake and coffee I drank today will be plenty enough caffeine for the day. LOL

top topics

<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join