It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampires! Do they exist?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
This is my first post.
Yes vampires have existed. Know weather thay to know thats the question. Its funny how people say " o mo thay dont exist." But how can people deny all the storys and legends about them.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Yes they do exist.

They just go under the old name of 'The Rephaim'.

They are immortal in the way that when their flesh perishes due to old age their spirit is free to traverse this world.

They are similar to a vampire because they all have places of origin or reincarnation. This is similar to a vampire's resting place being a coffin.

If their place of origin is the coast, then they can be seen as black cormorants. If they exist inland, then they can take the form of a crow or raven.

The film Crow shows how a Rapha (plural=Rephaim) can never die.

Christianity has always classed the rephaim as 'the damned', giants, ghosts, 'eternally dead'.

Notice how a group of crows is 'murder' and a group of ravens called be called a 'conspiracy'.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tygress

Interesting! I would like to learn more, but for some reason it keeps saying I could only PM the site staff. Any way, how does one get ahold of this research?

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Wished I joined this website years ago. I researched vampires for as long as I can remember, and yet I still know nothing about them.
edit on 18 10 15 by Regina92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Vampires are real

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Jyss22

Real in what sense? Please elaborate. Looking for insight beyond the physic types..

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonrider
I dont know about the "gothic" aspects of vampires (IE, living only at night, drinking blood, ect), however, the immortality part I believe is a possibility.

Telomeres are a genetic "defect" in the human DNA, that essentially serves to act as a time bomb... they tell your DNA when to stop dividing and reproducing, and once that happens, you live on what cells you have, which die off eventually never to be replaced, until you die of old age.

freedom.orlingrabbe.com...

I can believe that some individuals throughout history have been born with no telomeres, or some genetic mutation deactivates thier telomeres... if this were to happen, thier DNA would go on reproducing almost indeffinitely, which means at least a far extended lifespan, if not an endless one.

I'm going to explain something to you about the internet. But first let me tell you a story. And to everyone, it may not seem like this doesn't relate to the OP but it does, just keep reading. Here goes:

I came to this article because I read "Vampires! Do they Exist?" and I thought "Cool this is going to be an article about how actual real life vampires exist or an article about how something exists that we could reasonably explain to be the vampires like maybe an ancient culture somewhere that became the myth we call vampires" then of course I read your comment.

After reading your comment I thought, "What is this Telomerase thing?" So I googled it. I then spend the next 1-2 hours of my life researching and found what's called "Telomerase Activation" Which apparently one can find a 30 count Bottle of "TA-65" for $100 which is perfectly legal and acceptable to purchase. The bottle claims to be for "Anti-Aging & Immunity Boost with Cell Rejuvenation" Now here's the thing... I'm in my Thirties, I am in no way Unhealthy, but If I am able to be Immortal... I would certainly welcome that opportunity.

Now I sit here, looking at my shopping cart filled with hundreds of dollars, prepared to explain to my wife that "WE CAN LIVE FOREVER!" and it's totally worth it because how can you put a price on immortality. The Internet is a scary place, so I just want to say Either thank you for making me immortal, or blame you for being in debt and divorced

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Most ACTUAL legends about creatures referred to as vampires are a bit far removed from the Dracula of Bram Stoker's tale. In both Europe, and the Early Americas, the legend mostly grew out of an ignorance of the process of death.

Some plague would befall a town, and looking for answers, inevitably someone would suggest a vampire. Now, this wasn't some urbane guy in a cape that lived in a dark castle outside of town. No, it was thought to be a vengeful spirit, one that animated a corpse, had it rise out of its grave, and then seek out the blood of the living.

Of course, when they dug up the body of the "vengeful" one they suspected, they'd find the skin had decayed back from the teeth (hence the "fangs"), the hair and nails still grew (ack! it must be still somewhat alive!), etc. So, they'd then stake it down (not in the heart) to the ground, so if it DID animate again, it'd be trapped in the coffin. (for good measure, they'd usually cut off the head, and stuff it with herbs (garlic was thought of as a ward), to be sure of it.

So, a lot of these things just got taken out of context a bit.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: damefool
Was watching "Interview with a Vampire" last nite that got me all think, does Vampire exsist or is it a sickness that the medical world claims?

I hear alot of stories about how Anne Rice having chats with Lestat (the vampire himself) tho.

[Edited on 4-7-2003 by damefool]

[Edited on 4-7-2003 by damefool]
I would love to to be a vampire 🧛‍♂️

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join