It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampires! Do they exist?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Real-Vampire

Fascinating discussion. :

As an Illustrator (AKA a day dreamer) I'd like to think there COULD be vampires (fuels the creative mind yeah?!
). Couldn't say for sure if there ARE vampires - never met one - however if there WERE vampires I think they'd exist as spiritual beings more than earthly ones - like in Constantine where they reveal themselves to some people but not most? Hey, might explain why we haven't any real "proof" of their existence eh...

I do wonder if they're more like the dark romantics of myth or more like the 30 Days of night vampires, or something else entirely.

Guess I'll just have to keep wondering
but I'd sure like to meet a vampire for tea and a chat. Well, perhaps not tea...

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Yeah, I think that if they did exist (which I'd like to believe that they do), that they wouldn't reveal themselves to everyone. Just a few, and the greatest thing they can do is to make us believe they don't exist, right? I guess if they did exist, I'd hope that they would have the variety of personality that "humans" do, but - here's hoping...

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by damefool
Was watching "Interview with a Vampire" last nite that got me all think, does Vampire exsist or is it a sickness that the medical world claims?

Vampires DO exist. but there are more wannabes then the real thing. Modern day vampires (the few i know where i live) have evolved to survive in today's world.

For example, the living forever thing has always been a load of crock. But it did prolong their lives. And the sunlight thing, most vampires had a tendency to have a sun allergy one of which is known as Solar urticaria and another is Polymorphous light eruption. today's vampires would really only be affected by prolonged direct sun light contact or if they have Actinic prurigo, which is a hereditary form of Polymorphous light eruption. But for the most part it is fairly easy to live "normal lives." Me myself i break out when flashed by a camera. most sunscreen will help against most cases. Hell i was a lifeguard this year.

The need for blood and the chemicals in it are less then what was heard in an earlier time. Vampire feeding is needed (well for me at least) twice or even three times a month. If i do not get it its like i get weaker and even sick. Once you've tasted blood, and consumed it over a period of time your body longs for it and you become addicted.

Me myself i am a vampire and I'm also a witch. There are few real vampire i know and a ton of posers. I was a witch before I was aware of my vampire state. I've been a witch since i was 12 at 15 i found my self drinking the blood of my girlfriend (who is also a vampire). Here I am still alive at 19 almost 20 and I Feel great. I also know some lycanthropes. and no I've never seen them change but the energy they give off compared to someone who is not is extremely disturbing. Recently my dog has gone missing and i hope he is not bitten my one because of the fact that lycans were first JUST AND EXCLUSIVELY ANIMALS.

I want to actually see one of them change but as far as taking pictures you can forget that. a camera flash would get me mauled by one of those things and i love my face too much for that.

funny thing about lycanthropes is that the 19th century Greeks always burned dead lycanthrope bodies with the belief that if buried they would be resurrected as vampires or hyenas which at that time hyenas roamed battlefields drinking blood of dead soldiers.

"There is it is true, a certain sexual element associated with the werewolf, although it does not approach the sado-erotic subtlety of the vampire. The werewolf is a crude and aggressive rapist; the vampire is a Don Juan among demons.”

—“The Werewolf Delusion”, Ian Woodward, Paddington Press, 1978
(DUMBEST STATEMENT PEOPLE LOOK AT)

For anyone who believes vampires are demons. Your defiantly wrong about that. However, there are certain vampire groups who do "worship demons" the number is not as large as those who do not.

Oh ans something weird that i happen to me the other day this girl vampire/witch bit me the other day without piercing the skin and left a bite mark that has recently became swollen and anytime I'm around her it burns like crazy. I don't know if its some vampire occurrence or she cast a magickal spell on me.

Modern day vampires have not necessarily been openly researched. The existence of our kind is one that hopefully stays very underground but i hope i gave some useful incite on what a modern day vampire really is. If you want more info just message me. i just found this site so i may not be one as much as i would like to. but you can always find me on myyearbook.com

www.myyearbook.com...

well thanx for letting me share

Blessed Be!

Sanzo )o(

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
If you would like to stay up to date with the most recent news concerning the real vampire community subscribe to the Voices of the Vampire Community (VVC) RSS Feed at:

www.veritasvosliberabit.com...

News Articles & Videos:

The Tyra Banks "Vampires" Episode from October 31, 2008 w/Don Henrie, Sarah Lester, & Vampyra is available for viewing either on YouTube or at the link below in a single-page format.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
to explain the rising from the grave would be a possible extreme cases of Catalepsy. The illness in extreme circumstances sends the person into a suspended animation which closely resembles death. The attacks happen randomly which last from a few minutes to quite possibly a few days is not longer. But the person them self can still hear, see but not speak or move since their limbs are frozen in place.

or so Vampiric diseases says.

For medical defintions of the illness dwindle down to "a condition of diminished responsiveness usually characterized by a trancelike state and constantly maintained immobility, often with flexibilitas cerea (a waxy rigidity of muscles). In humans, the patient with catalepsy may remain in one position for minutes, days, or even longer."

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I think it's all a bunch of goth kids taking the movie "underworld" too seriously.
The day or.. night I guess that I see a vampire driving a corvette on the phone in a business suit I'll think again.
Until then it seems to be more of a fashion or weird fetish then anything else.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by tygress

I am currently searching for a school that offers this let alone allows it, I would be very grateful for the name of your school, if you do not wish to post it publicly here is my hotmail addy Nattyx_90! Thanxx

I also would appreciate a copy of the document if you don't mind, I am always excited to hear about actual documents supporting the existance.
Thanxx so much

To All The Others Who Don't Believe

Anyways who can say for sure if they do or do not exist...we do not even know the origin of most species of animals or our very own existance for that matter...not 100% sure of anything, we thought we knew dinosours but oops they just decided that the tyranasouras was exhibited standing up wrong all these years...who knew...back to the point until we have 100% proof that they do not exist we cannot deny anyone the right to believe in their existance...as for me I choose to have some hope for this boring existance we call life and hope that someday they will be as common as our next door neighbors and be free to come out of hiding...we accepted the gays eventually did we not! Why can't we do the same here. We do consider ourselves civilized after all.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by WishForWings
Until then it seems to be more of a fashion or weird fetish then anything else.

I'm not to sure I will agree with that. I mean it depends on what you consider a vampire. Yes there are people out there who are more sensitive to light, so they only like to go out and night, as well as people who like to drink other people blood. It seems insaine, but there are people out there who do that.

As for vampires like in "Underworld" who burn when they come in contact with the sun, I think is just added onto what a person considers a vampire. I believe that, that part of course is not true. Yet I do believe in people who will bite people just to get their blood, and also who are sensitive to the light. Whether they are immortal or not we will never really know, because many people who claim to be immortal may actually be immortal but no on ever listens to them or believes them.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by damefoolActually we are real.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by damefool

well a vampire is usally in darkness so here ill talk to you if you need me and we can talk about it on this caht site

xat.com/fatestay
my name
sora and rini

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
So what kind of vapires would most agree could exist?

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I believe in vampires, look at hillary clinton shes sucks the life outta people.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by damefool

well like twilight if i fell in love with an vampire (edward) haha then of course id be one, humans are boring to me even thogh i am one haha or so it seems
but id like to discover vampires like the "cullens" in twilight if there are any in this world,trust me im not crazy my mind is just very powerful and imaginative

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Nightwalker

Just at 1 time? how about now? What happened to them?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
really? interesting now show me some evidence of your claim.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I want to know if vimpires really exist

Just one YES or NO

But I want a certain answer.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   

no.they dont exist,because they are hominus nocturna or man by night.eventhough they look kind of a pale;bloodless,they drink on blood.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Vampires aren't real in the respect that they live forever and drink blood....that's stupid.

Mind you, my mate that is always 'borrowing' money off me, well, he IS a Vampire.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Think of this as you will. but i am a firm believer in vampires. and i would just like to put down some reasons why I and many others believe in what we do. my name is Bella but don't think im a twilight obsessed fan im only in this because i am a vampire believer and always have been:

1) If vampires are truly as clever, intelligent and evolved as myth and legend make them out to then is it any wonder why they haven't yet been properly discovered and have been able to blend in with the scene of the normal day life of a human with out a hitch?

2) think to a few years back, when scientists said that absolutely nothing could live to a certain point in the ocean as the pressure at the bottom was so strong anything that went down there would inevitably ... die? well years later they found a whole new species! aquatic creatures that we would never of dreamed of. and that shows that people get it wrong, it shows that scientist can be wrong sometimes... dead wrong.

and yes what if vampires have tried reaching out to us? Like if a newly created vampire is lonely and wants, needs to tell someone about him/her so it can take the strain off them, but by the time they try to convince us, a fellow vampire or a coven member has told them the dangers and has convinced him/her vampire that they cant tell anyone or else? and then the lonesome vampire has simply agreed.

4) the last and most puzzling but true reason. Shouldn't we be finding ways to prove why they cant exist not ways to show they do? i mean there is more proof showing they do, from sightings and odd events and history staitments. There is no proof that they don't exist accsept from the fact that there isn't any to show 100% that they do. so if anyone ever says they do not exist then ask them for the proof. I bet they cant show you any and never will. I don't know if we ever will know if they 100% do exist but look at the facts and the science of it all. we have prodigies, physics, and extrodanary people in this world which should be impossible so why not vampires?

Thanks for reading

Any questions that are sensible i am happy to answer

Bells.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join