It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampires! Do they exist?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Hey jackinthebox, did you ever hear of the blue shadows?
And did you have any opinion on the recent concepts of pollution in the concept of "vampires"? Did you ever think that the two-shadows and vampires- could be somehow related?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
What is existence? Define that and I will be more than happy to tell you if they exist or not.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Torsten

That is the very first problem. There is no way to define their existance, so far as we know. Because what really do we know? It's almost saddening. To define their existance we must first define what "they" are; but what a nightmare of a task.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
auntmargeretpost by Nightwalker

we do exisit, we were born with with and we live with it every day bad enough as it is, we dont use humans blood we satistify our thirst we animal blood so don go discreaditing us we dont discreadit you as human

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply todamefool post by damefool

i dont know what you all fighting about, we do exsist and it started way back in egpt by the first king and queen which by the way is not phaorroh

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by WHOFLUNGGUM

Newton's law of equal and opposite reactions is a physical law, meaning it applies to physical objects that have a force applied to them. It cannot under any circumstance be taken to mean anything other than the reaction to a force applied to an object. Also, no it is not reasonable to assume that if someone can die 7 times sooner that the opposite can be true and someone can live 7 times longer than average (500 or so years) because the basic cellular functioning of organs and even DNA itself break down over time. Yes, certain things sea turtles, trees etc... have a longer average life span than humans but nowehere in nature are there cases of animals living many times longer than average for the species. Go ask ANY doctor if the human body under ANY circumstance can withstand even 150-175 years on the planet. I will ACTUALLY mail you $50 if you can find a single M.D. who went to school in the U.S. who says that a human body can (without some future medical miracle) live over 150 years.

There are always anomalies in any species but they must fall within 2-3 standard deviasions from the average, thus it is possible goliath was 8-9 feet tall although it is more likely that since a foot wasn't invented until thousands of years later that through the various conversions and translations he was 6-7 feet tall or even 7-8 tall which would have been extreme for humans in that time period.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
If you believe the bible, the human body could live for hundreds of years.

And, vampires may not be the same species as humans, meaning they aren't bound by human physiological limitations.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Nakash

This seems rather delayed a response, but I would like to prove you wrong.

First of all, don't bash me for saying this, it would not be appreciated. What I am about to say is truth, and I have spoken to people who have witnessed me going through the following. They believe that it is true.

Vampires...DO exist.
I am one of them.
How do I know? I'll tell you.
My first realization of the fact that I am a vampire was in April of my thirteenth year of this life (I am not sure how many lives I've been through, for I have opted to avoid any painful discoveries from past-life-regression). I was on an airplane (waiting for permission to taxi to the runway), and all of a sudden I got a strange burning sensation in the back of my throat, and I became very thirsty. I am not sure how, but I knew that someone at least three rows behind me and five seats to the left was bleeding. I turned to my friend who I was traveling to England with, and told her. Sure enough, the flight attendant call-light illuminated over a seat three rows back and five seats to the left, and the man in the seat was complaining of a nosebleed. It was not the first time I had sensed blood or gotten a burning sensation in the back of my throat when around it, but it was the first time that it was confirmed to be more than just an iron deficiency. This same event (not in the same setting, of course, then it would be simply circumstantial) kept occurring for quite some time, and it still does. My head generally snaps in the direction that the leaking blood is located at, and my friends...or, former friends before they determined I was a freak...all thought I was so "sketchy."
Also, I do not appreciate the embellishments and discrepancies of the poster previous to your post's symptoms/traits of vampires.......
"The true vampires have "safe" houses." FALSE. We do not. We enjoy the company of those who understand us or are like us, but we do not actually have clubs. That is also a Hollywood vision.
"...blood donated to them." FALSE. We do not have blood donated to us, nor do we have to have blood in order to survive. We can go for up to ten years without decent "feed".
"...and they choose not to let us ("regulars") know of their existance for fear of retribution." AGAIN, FALSE. I, and those who I have discovered to be like me, do not care what others think. We tell those that we trust and know well enough to not reject us.
"Lets say a skinny "vampire" who weighs in at 120lbs can pick up a little over twice his weight and have nearly no muscle mass." EMBELLISHMENT. At the age of thirteen, I weighed 120 lbs. and did not weight lift often at ALL. Possibly lifting weights once a year to test my strength. I could pick up 150% of my weight, which was only about 170 lbs. Not as impressive as you seem to imply.
"...due to their skin condition they get quickly sunburned (even staying out in the sun for ten minutes could be permanantly damaging.) They will get first second and thrid degree burns." WORST EMBELLISHMENT IN THE WORLD. Not all vampires have a skin condition, nor does sun damage us. I rather enjoy the sun, for it feels good against my normally cold body. I get tan easily, and it is almost impossible for me to burn. Put my hand in boiling water, and the worst that I feel is a sting. No burn, no nothing.
"Although they have a lengthy life span..." FALSE. We live normal lives. 120 years is OLD. OLD OLD. OLD FOR HUMANS, OLD FOR US.
"Do they drink blood? Yes." Sure, but it's not necessary. Ten years without feed is easily tolerable. We can eat human food and vegetables just fine.
As for the section about our "evolution" or whatever...? THAT WAS AWFUL. It CAN be genetics, but it's not impossible to be bitten. You don't evolve to us. It's more of a spiritual thing.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
i have done considerable research on this subject, and have come to the following conclusions about vampires:

i believe that humans are like a base for all sorts of other beings (angels, demons, vampires, daemons...). Sort of like a manikin. remember how part of the human gene still isn't mapped? i think that this is what determines what a human could possible evolve into eventually. after all, look at the original humans. they were like three foot tall and extremely stupid. now look at us: up to eight foot tall and iqs of over 200. whats to say that humans didn't evolve faster, giving rise to vampires, werewolves, shapeshifters etc... but anyways, about the vampiric weaknesses and strengths. i think that sunlight is toxic to them, probably due to "weaker skin". as to them being "undead": they're like plants, self-sustaining. like earlier mentioned, they probably have either a very powerful telomere or none at all, which accounts for their longevity. the cross thingy: bullsh--. garlic: there's probably something unique about garlic to which vampires are allergic to. stake in the heart: just an effective method to kill anything. bound to their graves: not already dead....so its complete rubbish.

if you want to talk to me further on my research, just email me:
[email protected]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
If one could reproduce all of his cells starting from bones, it wouldn't be impossible to live basically as long as the world is habitable - assuming that your head wouldn't give up first. It is from the will we are born, and it is will which takes you through the rock itself.

-v

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The human body is continuously dying and reproducing itself (hair, skin etc). Eventually it gets too weak and parts of the organism (us) begin to faultier and die. As V0liO mentioned, on a cellular level if you could repair the damage or keep the vitality of the cells, you could extend your life(?) For how long, I'm not sure - I'm no biologist, but that's just an idea.

So if you were to consider vampirism as a virus, it would obviously react on a cellular level to change the person, so what is to say it doesn't somehow slow down the aging process? I'm not so sure about the speed and strength aspect, but the aging process could be plausible. I mean there are some Chinese who have lived well over 100 years because of their diet. So what is to say the consumption of blood and a mutating virus couldn't do the same?

Too bad it isn't the same with beer...one can hope.

O.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by Okwari]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
hey can somebody tell me if polymorfe lichteruptus is to a vampires desease becouse its a mutation in youre cells that cause a allergic reaction.
please respond on my email [email protected]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Okwari

So if you were to consider vampirism as a virus,
[edit on 26-9-2008 by Okwari]

No. That's offensive. It does to say that vampires are only things with imperfect systems- people that got sick. The body is imperfect regardless of its form. Complex, but imperfect. ...Some wholistic doctors say that it is possible for a human to live to about 140 years present day, if they really took good care of their body. I don't have an example, but it is something.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I don't know weather is a disease or a race, but I know they exist and I've spoken to one. I still do, everynight as I'm leaving the gym. I stand and I talk to the same man every night. This man and the way he spoke made me think, it wasn't modern english but it wasn't shakespears old english either. I went to my library and began looking for his name. I found it, when the Historic Court House in my town was first unveiled. He was in the front page. However although it may not be an interesting story here is what was incredible...that paper with this man in it was dated when the court house was finally done construction...some two hundred years ago.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by damefool

you kno i think bein a vampire would be awesome i mean the speed power and all the extras i would juss like to know if they exist i mean if they do at least give us some kind of proof or something. It woulkd be a lot easier if we didnt have to go through day after day wondering do they exist or if they exist why havent i seen one or can i sleep tonite or are they coming for me im juss saying all vampires please come to me

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I personally believe vampires existed once. No, in fact, I don't just merely believe. I know, my fiance was a vampire in a past life and at times I can really recognise the "vampiric" side in him that is still there. I myself haven't been a vamp but I know a couple of other people who have been there once.
Generally though, I'm quite fascinated with the vampires to say the least. Not that I'm so fascinated that I want to think I know someone who was one but I actually remember (past life memories). I find it interesting that my fiance says he didn't enjoy being a vamp. He said: "Think of it. You are in CONSTANT hunger. It never ends. And the only way to get TEMPORARY relief from it is to kill someone. Killing someone and drinking their blood for the sake of your own life is the only solution and that's what's sad about this. It's selfish yet undeniable." I was surprised to see a rather "sympathic" vampiric side from him, lol. Although they're often said to be bad and what not I know for a fact a vampire is capable of feelings of love too.
And gosh.. do I enjoy reading vampire romances! *swoons*

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by janess91

Sorry if you've answered already, but what is the man's name? And does he sense something different about the way you treat now that you know, or have you not seen him since?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Evolet

I've been following some of your posts - How is it that you came to recognize that you know about past lives? Do they come as visions.. How does it work?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join