It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampires! Do they exist?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MorningtonCrescent

Originally posted by damefool

Would you like to turn in to a vampire??

hell, no. I'm rather obnoxious enough as a human

and Valhall, your posts on this subject are facinating. thank you for sharing your first hand knowledge and experiences!
and, I ran across this website a while back: www.drinkdeeplyanddream.com.... I'm not sure if it's facinating, scary, or just nuts. probably a bit of all of the above

lol @ kitty

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 11:36 PM
link   

and Valhall, your posts on this subject are facinating. thank you for sharing your first hand knowledge and experiences!
and, I ran across this website a while back: www.drinkdeeplyanddream.com.... I'm not sure if it's facinating, scary, or just nuts. probably a bit of all of the above

lol @ kitty

Hell yeah i wouldnt mind being a vampire for say about a week or a day, blood tastes salty to me.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I heard a legend about Lilith and vampirism. I heard that Caine went to her after he had been cast out. She gave him power and he was the first vampire.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Every legend has truth in it, I do believe that vampires existed and still do, thats why we have societies like the talamasca, there has been countless reports of vampires in history but nothing recently, but watching the movie blade makes you wonder if there is underground communities like them.....

I also believe in werewolves, most people believe in god, if god does exists then so does heaven, hell, satan, angels and demons like vampires!

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   

That leads to one of my many qusestions.

I think I would like the idea of being one since all vampires got some sort of a special charisma!

would I like to be a vampire... yes I would like to be one, BUT I would want to know the history of the vampire race, who is the oldest living vampire, do vampires have gods? If so is there a vampire heaven? what was the world like before the dark ages... stuff like that really...

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
i think micheal jackson is a vampire lets way it up...

afraid of sunlight

dangles his baby from window - teaching it its first flying lesson

he never had a pet monkey that was egor!

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I think somewhere in my blood line there was a vampire. And no not in the sense of the the comic "blade" but i dunno.

I have over sized k9's atleast double the size of my other teeth, (and no my teeth aren't -------'d up), I can see very very far distances with clarity and hear even further. I heal really fast, i cut my hand fairly deep, almost enough to the point where it wouldn't stop bleeding, within a week it was gone. (within a week, not a week, so roughly 5 days)

I can read people to almost 100% accuracy, i also have heard other peoples thoughts.

Anyways, you can think I am a crack addict but who knows maybe i am one.....(a crack addict)

Just another weird fact, if i have a deep interest in someone, my eyes change colour and they match that person's.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by _BLiND_
I think somewhere in my blood line there was a vampire. And no not in the sense of the the comic "blade" but i dunno.

I have over sized k9's atleast double the size of my other teeth, (and no my teeth aren't -------'d up), I can see very very far distances with clarity and hear even further. I heal really fast, i cut my hand fairly deep, almost enough to the point where it wouldn't stop bleeding, within a week it was gone. (within a week, not a week, so roughly 5 days)

I can read people to almost 100% accuracy, i also have heard other peoples thoughts.

Anyways, you can think I am a crack addict but who knows maybe i am one.....(a crack addict)

Just another weird fact, if i have a deep interest in someone, my eyes change colour and they match that person's.
Whel , my k9'are oversized too and when I get cut it hardly bleeds . I cant see very far but my eyes adapt in the dark and I can see everything in the dark by closing my eyes .
my frend once said my eyes change by wether , they one turned red .
does this have a conection .
I know jou wont believe this but if jou do , thanks .

[edit on 4-12-2004 by spyboy]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
or maybe you are all just really, really crazy.....
just kiddin'
who knows?
maybe there are vampires
maybe you are one
maybe you are a crack addict
maybe you are neither
all i know is; there are too many maybes in this world, and not enough definite yes's and no's.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
It doesn't make any biological sense that vampires would exist. Or the undead.

It's from ancient times when people had no idea about the natural order of things (blaming the gods for drought, blaming demons for bad weather, etc).

Could also be porphyria.

Good article here.

www.parascope.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Also,

you might research Porphyria.

Porphyria: The Vampire Disease

This disease is actually a collective name for seven rare diseases that were first identified in the nineteenth century. The Porphyrias are metabolic disorders caused by an enzyme deficiency that inhibits the synthesis of heme. Heme is the iron containing pigment in hemoglobin. The more extreme forms of Porphyria are characterized by an extreme sensitivity to light. In addition, skin lesions may develop and the teeth become brown or reddish-brown in color. The gums recede and give the canine teeth a "fang-like" look. Certain chemicals, especially those found in garlic, can make the symptoms of Porphyria worsen. The name Porphyria comes from the Greek porphyros, meaning reddish-purple and refers to a substance found in the blood and urine of a person with the disease.

In 1964, L. Illis' article, "On Porphyria and the Aetiology of Werewolves" suggested that Porphyria could account for the reports of werewolves. In 1985, David Dolphin presented a paper to the American Association for the Advancement of Science and suggested the Porphyria might explain the reports of vampires. He noted that one treatment for the disease was the injection of heme. Dolphin further suggested that people suffering from Porphyria in past centuries attempted to drink the blood of others as a means of relieving their symptoms. This recessive genetic disorder was especially prevalent among nobleman in eastern Europe because royalty had a tendency to marry within the same family. Dolphin's ideas were widely publicized and were the subject of much debate.

Many critiqued Dolphin's theory and noted that there was no evidence that drinking blood would help the symptoms of Porphyria. The coverage Porphyria received from the media caused great distress to the patients suffering from the disease since the publicity connected them to vampirism. Their distress was further increased when several popular television shows were created with the idea of Porphyria patients exhibiting vampiric behavior.

The debate over the disease continued for several years, but Dolphin's ideas were eventually dismissed. Some Porphyria patients in recent years have felt embarrassed and inconvenienced as a result of the highly speculative theory that the disease and vampirism are somehow linked. It's important not to assume Porphyria patients are vampires.

Source: Melton, J. Gordon. The Vampire Book. Michigan: Visible Ink Press, 1999.
Smith, Kalila. Journey Into Darkeness-Ghosts and Vampires of New Orleans. Louisiana: De Simonin Publications, 1998.
Stevenson, Jay. The Complete Idiot's Guide to Vampires. Indiana: Alpha Books, 2002

Might I also add that they was an excellent CSI episode on Porphyria in season 1 called "Justice is Served". It was about a woman who became a nutritionalist because she was afflicted with this disease and was making protein shakes out of high iron content organs.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk

lol @ kitty

Hell yeah i wouldnt mind being a vampire for say about a week or a day, blood tastes salty to me.

Well I don't think I would want to have Porphyria but if we are going on the basis of vampire myth, then I already am well on my way to being a vampire. I am not fond of religious icons, allergic to garlic, burn very easily in the sun, am not fond of mirrors, and extract blood from animals for a living. All for the supernatural powers and immortality thing, I'm well on my way.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
The only Vampire that still exist that I know of are Sangarian vampires. They have most of the weaknesses, and none of the strengthes. Think the oppisite of blade. They live normall years, are born sang, become sang at certain age, need to drink blood or at a push drain someones life forec(though this doesn't stop the craving). They can go out in the sun, but burn easily and are slugish. If a sang and human breed, the child is normally human. I know some sangs and they are normally nice people, they do not hunt like in the films. They have 'doners' people who willingly give there blood. I am not sure about silver and garlic (didn't ask so as not to apear as if I was taking the mick) They have no problem with croses. I think there are imortal vampire out there, but it is like trying to meet someone from the SAS. you get a million people bragging about being in the SAS, but the ones who really are in the SAS, stay quiet. If you have any further questions about Sangs. Just ask, or email me at (mods, plz don't edit my post) [email protected]

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trojianmaru
The only Vampire that still exist that I know of are Sangarian vampires. They have most of the weaknesses, and none of the strengthes.

No offence, mate, but I have to ask. If they have none of the traditional vampiric qualities other than a fondness for blood, how can you be sure that they are not just normal humans with a blood fetish? After all - tolerance to sunlight, mortal, able to reproduce - sounds like a human to me. Are they genetically different in any way? What sets them apart and makes them vampires, other than a perceived need to ingest blood? Will they die if they do not receive blood, or just become weak and irritable, which would suggest a psychological, rather than a physical, need.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
As I said, if they go without blood, they have to drain someone's life forece or I supose they get very ill. I will ask next time I see her. and the whole draining people of life force is somthing anyone can do. I am thinking of geting her to teach me.

[edit on 4/10/05 by Trojianmaru]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo

It doesn't make any biological sense that vampires would exist. Or the undead.

Many things dont make sense, man mot having any natural enemies would be one of the things making no sense, since nature seeks balance.

im not very knowledgable in vampires, someone asked if vampires had a religion, i know there is a vampire bible, never read it, but maybe a hoax but who knows. also there is some myth of the first Vampires beeing Enkil and Akasha from Egypt..

Its an interessting subject, and i doubt porphyria dissease would explain all the legends and myths, maybe a few not all.

Apperently you can order your Vampire Bible here.. but im pretty sure ive seen it in html form somewhere...
www.vampiretemple.com...

I dont know if this a real book or just invented for Blade..

The Vampire Bible is referred to as "The Book of Erebus". Erebus is a god of darkness according to Greek mythology.

Excerpt from the Vampire Bible (the vampiretemple.com version), got it on computer, years old so nowhere sure where i found it.. possibly an irc e-book channel.

Amin edit: Removed copyrighted material at the request of the copyright owner.

[edit on 5-10-2005 by SilverSurfer]

[edit on 5-4-2007 by Springer]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilverSurfer
Many things dont make sense, man mot having any natural enemies would be one of the things making no sense, since nature seeks balance.

Mankind does have natural enemies. They're called viruses and diseases and they wipe out millions of us every year.

also there is some myth of the first Vampires beeing Enkil and Akasha from Egypt..

This is a purely fictional story constructed by Anne Rice in her novel Queen of the Damned. In the novel, the ancient Egyptian rulers Enkil and Akasha become the original vampires through the actions of a demon. It's a good book, but it is definitely fiction. It's not a myth.

I dont know if this a real book or just invented for Blade..

The Vampire Bible is referred to as "The Book of Erebus". Erebus is a god of darkness according to Greek mythology.

The "Book of Erebus" is also fictional and was made purely for the Blade movies. The god Erebus was the son of Chaos and was said to be the personification of darkness. Which makes him a cool link to the vampires of Blade, but the "Book of Erebus" is, like Akasha and Enkil, pure fiction.

As for the "Vampire Bible", I would be extremely skeptical if I were you, given the fact that the "Temple of the Vampire" seems to style itself more of a religion than a way of life:

This Authorized book which is required for attaining membership includes the essentials to practice the Vampire religion and is available only through this Temple.

For $20, or $35 hardbound.

The truth is that there is absolutely no evidence whatsoever for the existence of traditionally-styled vampires, as much as we would like there to be.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I have read a very interesting book called "The Science of Vampires". It is about clinical vampirism and mythical with the science behind both. It is written by Katherine Ramsland. It is a good and informative read.

Science of Vampires

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trojianmaru
The only Vampire that still exist that I know of are Sangarian vampires. They have most of the weaknesses, and none of the strengthes. Think the oppisite of blade. They live normall years, are born sang, become sang at certain age, need to drink blood or at a push drain someones life forec(though this doesn't stop the craving). They can go out in the sun, but burn easily and are slugish. If a sang and human breed, the child is normally human. I know some sangs and they are normally nice people, they do not hunt like in the films. They have 'doners' people who willingly give there blood. I am not sure about silver and garlic (didn't ask so as not to apear as if I was taking the mick) They have no problem with croses. I think there are imortal vampire out there, but it is like trying to meet someone from the SAS. you get a million people bragging about being in the SAS, but the ones who really are in the SAS, stay quiet. If you have any further questions about Sangs. Just ask, or email me at (mods, plz don't edit my post) [email protected]

Or you can go to www.drinkdeeplyanddream.com...
or www.sanguinarius.org...

Cuz apparently sanguis are just everywhere and not as fearful to talk about things online.

Or it's just a whole bunch of people indulging their desire to be something unique.

It's really hard to figure out what to and not to believe anymore - it seems that the words of others are often disreputable, which only fogs the line between facts and fiction that much more.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I read somewhere that vampires, where partially created or imagined because of the unsanitary conditions of the cities in which werewolves sightings occurred. Because the sanitation was so bad there were stray cats, stray dogs, raccoons, and foxes running around in the streets, randomly biting people. Since the raccoon and the fox are animals that can easily contract rabies, when they would attack, the human would become infected as well. Rabies is a disease that can alter a person’s mental health making them depressed or restless. Also an important symptom of rabies is increased light sensitivity and sound sensitivity. This explains why “vampires couldn’t come out during the day, and it explains why “vampires can’t look into mirrors. If you don’t understand the mirror then go into your bathroom and shine some flashlights on you mirror and try to focus. Since the mirror is such a good reflector of light any trail of light into a mirror could damage a person with rabies eyes. And since the tests to determine if someone was a vampire was usually during the day, the rabies patient was unable to look into the mirror and thus “proving” that he/she either had no reflection or the he/she was unable to look at his/her reflection. Making the persona prime candidate to be a vampire. Rabies also makes a person have convulsions, painful throat spasms, and difficult swallowing. So most rabies patients had to eat things that were easy to swallow and things that didn’t take a long time to make. In other words they had to eat things either raw or things that were mashed up. The eating things raw part is what did many patients in as vampires. People thought that people that ate things raw had a serious problem and I can’t beg to differ. Vampires are particular to crossing bodies of water; the reason for this also can be explained through rabies. Rabies patients develop hydrophobia and have an irrational reaction or spasm on seeing or drinking water. This explains the water part. So the big question is or course, “what about the drinking blood thing?” This cannot be answered fully by rabies but partly it can. The consumption of another's blood (and/or flesh) has been used as a tactic of psychological warfare intended to terrorize the enemy in battle or at the beginning of battles, many of time they would also bring their rabie patiants into battle and force them to led the charge or attack, this would obviously scare someone, and cause them to run. I guess at somepoint in time the connection between the methods or psychological warfare where intertwined. So in conclusion the characteristics of vampires can be accounted for by people with rabies. Or most of them can. Do I belive in vampires? Yes and no. No because there is so much evidence prooving the fact that vampires never existed. Yes because there isn’t any evidence prooving that vampires did exist and I like to belive in the immpossible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join