It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This happened the other night...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Wife told me about this, and I am unable to figure out what could have happened.

Somewhere around 1 am, the power (and internet) went out. Wife was woke up by my computer speaker making noise- it does that when the power cuts out and back on. She said that she woke up, looked out the window (it faces west-ish), and said she saw what she described as an orange glow that was just like the sun coming up. About a minute later, sirens. Also note: No sound of an explosion, or rumble, or anything. This thing was totally silent, minus the sirens.

If it was someone hitting a pole and a transformer went out, I doubt it'd have been orangey and it'd have been more of a flash than a warm red glow. Plus, no kaboom.

I went out for a walk after I got told about this the next morning, had a look around the general area, and no so much as a twig was out of place. No scorching from a fire, no debris, nothing. Even more fun: NOTHING on the news or police blotter. I doubt I'll get answers, but it sure was weird.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Plasma, perhaps?

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
Plasma, perhaps?

I'm curious. How would plasma do all of that?

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Lot's of weird glitches going on in the skies lately. Your guess is as good as mine. I've seen an orange orb lately too, just so you know you guys aren't alone in seeing this. Many others are documenting strange sightings.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
Plasma, perhaps?

I'm curious. How would plasma do all of that?

Well, there are only a limited number of things that we know of that glow, right? Plasma is one of them. Plasma might be present if there has been some kind of electrical disturbance like maybe a solar flare or something. Which could certainly probably cause a small power outage. Sounds unlikely but I don't know.

Maybe you just had a normal power outage and imagined/dreamed everything else?

Funny thing. There was a relatively small earthquake here a few years back. Earthquakes never happen here. Happened in the middle of the night. I was sitting here watching youtube and felt the shaking. It wasn't dramatic. It was so understated that I wasn't sure if I imagined it or not. Sure enough. The next day it was on the news.

I generally don't imagine things so I was questioning my sanity, actually. LOL

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Well, there are only a limited number of things that we know of that glow, right? Plasma is one of them. Plasma might be present if there has been some kind of electrical disturbance like maybe a solar flare or something.

Well, it'd explain the quietness of it, and the power interruptions (tho a bird landing on the wires hard probably throw the power and internet out as of late). Plus, all it'd take is someone seeing it, and there would come the cops, fire dept, etc.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

Yep...so many impossible things in a lifetime...

No fire making the glow huh.....it will happen again and possibly God....or whomever He has in control of his creatures....giggles I bet. And whole cloud of a host of Angels looking on

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Sounds like st elmos fire to me

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Maybe it was a transformer fire. That would account for the loss of power and Internet.

I think that would produce the ongoing glow. And if it's far enough away, you wouldn't hear any noise.

-dex

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Sounds like a transformer. They don’t always explode. Sometimes they sizzle out. Or maybe a limb fell on some power lines and shorted them.
edit on 12-8-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Electric and the net has been weird here as well. Though, it's attributed to wild fires in the area. No orange glows or similar unless it had to do with fire. You say there was none of that, interesting. If the glow appeared more orb like, may attribute something paranormal. Suggest posting the info on a local social media page as well, to see if anyone in the area had a similar experience.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   

I witnessed pretty much the same once, back when I was on the grid. The power outage, the orange glow at night, nothing odd after when I looked around.

Initially.

Turned out that a black bear cub thought checking out a transformer was a cool thing to do, then once up there completed the circuit.

Of course, this is Montana and once I lost power for awhile because an eagle dropped a fawn into the wires.

So this may just be an environmental thing for us up here.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Yeah I've seen these orange glows but it was at night and very cloudy. The rain did its thing but then i saw orange lightning. It would light up a sphere like area around it and disappear.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Orange glow?

Supertrump on his way to work?

Sorry, couldn´t resist, don´t take it serious.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Somewhere around 1 am, the power (and internet) went out. Wife was woke up by my computer speaker making noise- it does that when the power cuts out and back on. She said that she woke up, looked out the window (it faces west-ish), and said she saw what she described as an orange glow that was just like the sun coming up. About a minute later, sirens. Also note: No sound of an explosion, or rumble, or anything. This thing was totally silent, minus the sirens. If it was someone hitting a pole and a transformer went out, I doubt it'd have been orangey and it'd have been more of a flash than a warm red glow. Plus, no kaboom. I went out for a walk after I got told about this the next morning, had a look around the general area, and no so much as a twig was out of place. No scorching from a fire, no debris, nothing. Even more fun: NOTHING on the news or police blotter. I doubt I'll get answers, but it sure was weird.

depending on how built up the area you are in and how you describe the glow as the sun coming up and no sound it could be from a fire in the distance, no sound due to the distance but surrounding emergency services are all put on emergency when there is a fire so emergency services closer to you went out.

general area is?

did you try looking at reports to areas around where you are as like I said it could have been from the next town or suburb.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Greensboro- city is a couple miles away. If it was a fire, it was a heck of one. A baseball stadium was doing fireworks a few months back, and while we could *hear* them, that's all we could do. It sounded like something was being blown up, but no flashes of light. Which we should have been able to see.

It's also been damn WET, and humid. I'm sure that's managed to do something to wires, electrical connections, and everything else around here. On an unrelated note, I was glad to have taken my IP68 phone with me to an appointment. Between the bus stop and home, me and kid got caught in the middle of a downpour. Phone swallowed water- but a dry out plus a reboot, and no problems. My older phone would have been toast.

As for the power/ internet... it hasn't been the same since the tornado, and when someone merrily (and literally) wrapped their car around the upper half of a power pole in July. The pics of that were impressive, and not in a good way. I'm half betting I could kick a pole hard, and the power would cut out.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Know this isn't new, but did you consider calling the electric company? If a transformer blew, or someone hit a pole, or whatever, they would know, and could confirm, or deny, such a thing for you. Something like a transformer wouldn't make the news, but could explain what happened. Plus, could have been a noise that she just didn't hear, because she was asleep. When a house about a mile from ours, when I was in high school, exploded, I felt the house shake, and didn't hear it, but my dad did, because he was already awake. I am a pretty light sleeper, too.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Know this isn't new, but did you consider calling the electric company?

It's more useless than telling my cat about it. No- seriously. You get one of those automated, barely able to function robo answering machines that either tell you "there's a power outage happening", or you can opt in for a text message telling you the power's out. On the one hand, if you're not at home for a few days, yeah... I can see the use of it- but having the lights go out, you're at home, and the phone goes "gee- power's out!" is as about as helpful as meat pants in a piranha tank.

You don't get a person- and if you do, they're more clueless about the situation than you are- mostly because the call center is somewhere across the country! Internet is the exact same thing. I kid you not- I called asking about a less internet recent outage, and the guy got informed by me about the fact there was one at all. "Oh- what state are you in, sir?" Meh.

top topics

join