It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haitians eat dirt cookies to survive

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: notsure1
Clinton foundation is doing wonderful things.. Great things..

Yeah , the Clinton Foundation took all their relief money...
Link

You tell me where the money went?

13 Billion, about 1.5 times the GDP of Haiti, and they aren't really any better off.

to be managed by a commission co-chaired by Bill Clinton and the Haitian prime minister.

And , add the UN.
What have you got ?
Or , should I say "what have you got left"

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

More importantly, what do the people of Haiti have left?

Anyway you look at it, massive amounts of relief money was squandered.

From research, it appears many NGO's did a piss poor job helping Haiti.

Tell me what a great job they did?

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   
$30.000 for every man woman and child in Haiti was collected during the hurricane crises.

About $13 Billion.

Major groups that collected the funds specifically for Haiti ( Catholics, Clintons, Red Cross, Salvation Army), did not use them in Haiti.

Instead they claimed they were holding the funds for "future projects".

8 years later Haiti is still in ruins and a lot of people got richer.

Greatest swindle of the 21st century.

What Happened To All The Haiti Money?- my thread from 10 years ago
edit on 12-8-2018 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2018 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Well, let me put it to you this way. If I had to literally eat dirt to live, the last thing I'd do is have more kids.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

vegetarians and vegans aren't made, they're born. so much if they eat meat it may kill them. its the gluttonous and vane people in the west who can afford to not eat meats and be ok is the real frailty in our species or society.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

I'm one of them that can't eat meat medically. That's not true for all vegans and vegetarians, some people during their life times go on and off vegetarian diets for example as a choice that they can make.Though, must ask if a Hatian immigrated to America, and soon after decided as a choice(observing Animal Rights let's say) to be vegetarian or vegan does that make them a glutton and vain? Nope!

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Sadly for people having to resort to eating dirt, birth control won't be available either, and sadder still the choice if they can consent in more violent places.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Sadly for people having to resort to eating dirt, birth control won't be available either

Fortunately, common sense is free and there is a wonderful method of birth control that doesn't cost anything. It's called using your brain and choosing not to do anything that is likely to result in pregnancy.

To put it bluntly, I've never heard of anyone getting pregnant from masturbating.

Also, it would be cheaper to give a box of rubbers to every male than it would be to give them money and tell them to go make more victims.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   
The video says this has been going on for generations, so it's traditional. It may sound odd, but the Haitians choose to carry this on, so who are we to judge.

Haiti is terribly poor and the 2010 earthquake just added to their woes. The country is afflicted by poor governance, which is pretty common in some places. However, there are examples of poor countries actually being run well, so hope for Haiti. In 2009 for example Haiti's debt was cancelled, but the good that did was probably academic for the poor.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I can't believe there is nothing else to eat on the island besides mud pies. Many common weeds are actually nutritious. You can eat many bugs for the protein. Pigeons were at one time raised for food, even rats have been on the menu. Some people will eat road kill regularly by choice.

There just has to be something more there to eat than just dirt, how could this be what people have been reduced to eating? Even in the most populated urban areas, there would be lots of better things to eat than dirt cookies.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   
There are 11m people in Haiti - that's a problem

They only have about 10,000 square kilometres of arable land in Haiti - about 40% of it's land mass.
Thats about 2.5 million acres
It takes 0.5acres of land to grow food to permanently sustain a person.
The land can, therefore, sustain about 5m people.

This is actually a REAL case where immigration is required.
Sustaining through charity is not a long-term viable solution.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: redletter

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: redletter

That happened when you cared less for human life than for fish.

When did I say that? Seriously, in which of my 3 prior posts did I say I cared more for fish than people?

Spoiler Alert: It was never said, you quite literally just made that up. Lying doesn't help you case at all.

I did, however, say people are free to choose what they eat. Which you obviously find to be a source of great disdain for some reason.

When you spoke against Jesus for picking fishermen, and helping them fish fishes. And when you hated against Jesus making fishes to feed people.

Yeah, so where is your pal Jesus and his buddies now? Clearly dont give f..k about Haiti, do they...?

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

They only have about 10,000 square kilometres of arable land in Haiti - about 40% of it's land mass.

It could be thought of as more of a lesson. Exponential population growth is not sustainable. Innovation can postpone the inevitable but not forever,

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

No One in the Caribbean wants the Haitians.

All the surrounding islands consider them vermin.

Haitian immigrants have a reputation for being lazy and criminally inclined. Plus instead of seeling public assistance and getting jobs they instead seem content to carry on living in the same filth they did in Haiti. Bahamas have a big problem with there beautiful island being wrecked by Haitians setting up shanty towns everywhere.

At the very least the surrounding islands that have been very successful understandably don't want to want Haitian immigrants bringing there corrupt mentality over and infecting their islands with it.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: theboarman

All that green foliage in the background and they are eating dirt. Why don’t hey plant some food?

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

vegetarians and vegans aren't made, they're born. so much if they eat meat it may kill them. its the gluttonous and vane people in the west who can afford to not eat meats and be ok is the real frailty in our species or society.

Wow, that's gotta be the dumbest post of the week.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: DieGloke
a reply to: theboarman

Do What?

The world has sunk billions into that #hole.

The reason it's still a #hole unlike its successful carbean neighbours is two fold:

1) Its endemic corruption that infests every level of the population
2) it's hostility to outsiders.

Haitais problem are it's OWN doing.

Best leave them to eat their dirt cookies.

I agree totally.

While I agree that we should try and help other countries, we need to realize when our money is just going to waste. This goes for other countries as well. If it’s not helping we should move along and allocate that money to a country that will grab itself by the bootstraps and actually try to help themselves instead of sitting around starving waiting for the next handout.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Get educated or die trying.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
We have helped them, and helped them, and helped them.

I don't know anymore. I really don't.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Haiti has over 1,000 miles of coastline. Instead of waiting for hand outs or eating mud pies, they can take a branch, attach some string and a hook, or use a sharpened stick to catch fish. I'm sure there is also plenty of very edible seaweed, crabs, oysters, and lots of other other marine life that they can eat if they want. Chock full of protein, vitamins and minerals, and far better than mud cookies. Just takes a little self determination and work.

200+ years ago, I heard that Haiti was considered the jewel and bread basket of the Caribbean, overflowing with food and money. It used to be one of the most thriving islands in that part of the world. I wonder what could have happened that has made the country as poor, mismanaged and corrupt as it is? If we could figure out what the common denominator is to the situation in Haiti and other countries that are going through the same things, we may be able to come up with a solution to keep it from happening elsewhere such as South Africa which seems to be heading in the same direction.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join